Help with school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RobertFrost

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not sure if Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander counts as URM but you might wany to post in the what are my chances thread.

You should tag Goro, gyngyn, and Faha.

Numbers look good and ECs look great though :)

Good luck!

I appreciate the feedback. From my understanding we are classified as URM, and this is directly from the Med-MAR. I know in the past we have been lumped in with Asians, then Native Americans, and now I believe we are our own category. We are a rather small portion of the URM pool however. From AMCAS applicant data only 71 of us applied in 2013-2014, 60 in 2014-2015, 50 in 2015-2016, and 32 2016-2017.
Got it. Your numbers were honestly fine regardless IMO, but now it's icing on the cake. URM+Good stats+ D1 athlete looks promising. :)

The only flaw I see is a lack of shadowing hours. This is essentially an unwritten requirement; like checking the box.

I'd still make a thread though in the what are my chances section. If you tag the three mentioned in my previous post, I'm sure you get some replies and advice on a good school list.

I think it's great that you'll be representing your specific URM community and hope you have a good cycle!