Help with school list: 3.54 avg GPA, 518 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bedcat2019

The Pentagon has never been audited | Ball is Life
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello ladies and gentlemen, redacted due to privacy and anonymity. Best!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I’m a little late, but I’ll chime in! I think the list looks solid. I applied with very similar stats and had a good cycle, feel free to shoot me a message. I read through your other thread on WAMC and agree with a couple points over there.

1. Emphasize service to underserved communities. URM isn’t just a box to check, it involved deliberate contributions to communities you belong to. Emphasize that when you are describing the psychiatric work that you do; consider listing it as one of your significant experiences.

2. I would sub UPenn for Penn State. They’re more friendly towards OOS than Penn State, and you have a solid app – shoot for the stars.

3. Definitely include things like being a musician and being in a band in your AMCAS. I spent a good amount of time in interviews talking about things unrelated to medicine – stand out!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello ladies and gentlemen, redacted due to privacy and anonymity. Best!

Last edited:
Unfortunately I'm not fluent, but I can grasp basic conversation. I know this isn't what you're talking about but the spanish I do know has helped me when I'm trying to relate at least a little bit to my current clinical patients
Get to work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users