Help with school list/chances(Montana resident)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rcdental

Reaction score
Date of submission: 6/1/2021
Overall GPA: 3.65
Science GPA:
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA:
DAT score (include AA and all sections):
19 AA, 18TS, 19 BIO, 19 CHM, 17OCHEM, 20 QR, 21 RC, 23 PAT
State of Residence: Montana

Major: Biology
Minor: Business Management
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 150 Total (100 with general dentist, around 50 with endodontist and oral surgeon)
Volunteering Experience: 250+ with a variety of organizations through the BSA
Employment: 2700+ hours as a certified pharmacy technician
Other Extracurriculars: Collegiate Soccer Player, Health Professionals Club
Relevant Honors or Awards: Eagle Scout, First team All-Conference Goalkeeper, Rotary Club Award
LOR type and strength: I have a LOR from the general dentist I did a majority of my shadowing with (has been my dentist since I was young), 1 LOR from academic advisor/professor (very strong), 1 LOR from molecular genetics professor, 1 LOR from employer (pharmacy manager)
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
School list:

University of Utah
Marquette
OHSU
University of Colorado
University of Nebraska
UNLV
University of Minnesota
Creighton

I just want an honest opinion of my chances. Any comments on my school list and other concerns about my app.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Date of submission: 6/1/2021
Overall GPA: 3.65
Science GPA: 3.6
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.5
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 19 AA, 18TS, 19 BIO, 19 CHM, 17OCHEM, 20 QR, 21 RC, 23 PAT
State of Residence: Montana

Major: Biology
Minor: Business Management
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 150 Total (100 with general dentist, around 50 with endodontist and oral surgeon)
Volunteering Experience: 250+ with a variety of organizations through the BSA
Employment: 2700+ hours as a certified pharmacy technician
Other Extracurriculars: Collegiate Soccer Player, Health Professionals Club
Relevant Honors or Awards: Eagle Scout, First team All-Conference Goalkeeper, Rotary Club Award
LOR type and strength: I have a LOR from the general dentist I did a majority of my shadowing with (has been my dentist since I was young), 1 LOR from academic advisor/professor (very strong), 1 LOR from molecular genetics professor, 1 LOR from employer (pharmacy manager)
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
School list:

University of Utah
Marquette
OHSU
University of Colorado
University of Nebraska
UNLV
University of Minnesota
Creighton

I just want an honest opinion of my chances. Any comments on my school list and other concerns about my app.

Thanks
my honest opinion is you should increase your school list
i understand you want to stay in the mountain states and want to go to cheaper state schools, your DAT scores are going to hold you back a bit
you should add some more private schools if you want to raise your chances of not applying again next year...

Reactions: 1 user
my honest opinion is you should increase your school list
i understand you want to stay in the mountain states and want to go to cheaper state schools, your DAT scores are going to hold you back a bit
you should add some more private schools if you want to raise your chances of not applying again next year...
Ok thanks for the advice! After posting I had come to the conclusion that I should have added more private schools to my list.

Reactions: 1 user