Help with prep over semester + winter break

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrdespair

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN,

I unfortunately will not have a full summer available to prep for the MCAT, so I was wondering if you guys would have any advice for preparing over the course of a regular semester (I'm anticipating being able to spare about 5-8h/wk for prep) plus winter break (when I will be able to fully dedicate to it).

I know prep courses do help me, so I was planning on prepping individually by reviewing/learning content over the course of the semester and then taking a TPR course over winter.

Because I plan on signing up for the course, I will get the TPR material in the bundle. Do you think supplementing it with Khan Academy and EK (content review+practice 101 books) is enough? I was thinking of also getting TBR but feel like it might be too much to cover with the amount of time I have...

Thanks in advance for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

How many hours will you have available to study?
I'd recommend scheduling 300-400. You may not need them all, but at least you have a buffer if something comes up during the term.

Members don't see this ad :)
@pms_testosterone I will have somewhat little during the course of the semester, about 5-8h/wk (so a total of ~100h) but over winter I will fully dedicate to just the MCAT and being realistic about how much I can study without burning out I know I can pull around 70h/wk (including weekends). Total hours should add up to ~380h. Do you think that's enough to go over TPR+EK+TBR material? Or would it be better to focus on 2 sets of books instead?

Alright, sounds like you have enough time.
I think 3 sets of books is excessive, but I studied for the MCAT using Google and Wikipedia.