TBR and/or UWorld for MCAT prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

menkar

Reaction score
I have TBR books and am planning to follow their 3 phase plan for B/B and C/P content review. I was planning on completing UWorld following TBR and then lastly completing AAMC materials. Since TBR contains a lot of passage based questions (more than UW, I think), is doing UWorld in addition necessary? If time weren't a factor I'd like do UW but as I'm making my schedule I'm realizing fitting in all the UW questions will likely require me not completing all the TBR passages/questions. I'm planning to use Khan Academy for P/S and Jack Westin for CARS before moving to AAMC. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

TBR will work well for C/P. I'd ditch them for B/B though. There is too much detail that will never show on the MCAT and the passages are nothing like the MCAT. There are also mistakes in B/B that will drive you crazy and waste hours looking things up to confirm the answer.

The rest of your plan sounds good. I'd still do UW, because they are more realistic. TBR is kind of dated, even the C/P.