Help with adding more DO schools to my list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cjs18

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Redacted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have already applied to 7 DO schools and my state MDs but I am having trouble coming up more DOs that may be a good fit. Any advice on more schools that may be a good fit would be greatly appreciated!

Schools so far: OUHCOM, PCOM, MSUCOM, LECOM Erie & Bradenton, Midwestern Chicago, and VCOM

State of residence: OH
Undergrad: went to a prominent state school
cGPA: 3.4 sGPA: 3.33 -very strong upward trend (retakes in Gen Chem)
MCAT: 507 (125, 125, 128, 129)
Research: ~1500 hours and one co author publication
Volunteering: ~200 hours in a hospital mostly in the ED, ICU, and Radiology
Physician shadowing: 80 hours in ED, IM, Pathology, and Mohs Surgery (also have DO LOR)
Employment: ~1500 hours as a student assistant in hospital and ~2000 as a research coordinator over the last year.

Thanks!
Staying close to Ohio, you could add DMU and MUCOM. Your stats are good for any DO program so just pick schools that you would want to go to. Is there anything in particular that you're looking for in a medical school?

Also, just a heads up about the insane OOS tuition at MSU. My buddy goes there and loves it, but it is a steep price tag.

I have already applied to 7 DO schools and my state MDs but I am having trouble coming up more DOs that may be a good fit. Any advice on more schools that may be a good fit would be greatly appreciated!

Schools so far: OUHCOM, PCOM, MSUCOM, LECOM Erie & Bradenton, Midwestern Chicago, and VCOM

Physician shadowing: 80 hours in ED, IM, Pathology, and Mohs Surgery (also have DO LOR)
Employment: ~1500 hours as a student assistant in hospital and ~2000 as a research coordinator over the last year.

Thanks!
If you want suggestions you have to give us what is important to you about a school

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the suggestions. I do think I removed MUCOM because I do not meet their sociology requirement. In regards to MSU it was definitely a love-hate relationship with everything there and the tuition for OOS, but I ended up just deciding to apply and see what happens.

In regards to what I am looking for in a school, definitely something close to OH, driving distance is preferred. I do not have the money to fly back and forth when I would have the chance to go home. I would also prefer to possibly be near larger trauma centers for rotations or have opportunities to do clerkships in some as I have a strong interest in EM.

Thanks!
Also consider KCOM, KCU and MUCOM

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.