Help! what should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SuzyQ

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so I called a certain med school this past tuesday inquiring about the status of my application.....the lady pulled my file and told me that my file had been reviewed last month and that I had been selected to receive an interview. She then told me that she would check to see what days were available for interviews and which doctors and professors could interview me....She told me she would email me but I havent received anything yet!! What should I do? Would it be too pushy if I called back and asked about it again? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Usually I'd wait a week before calling again, but I don't think it is a problem in general to check again. You could probably call tomorrow (especially since you're now at the Spring interview point), as I'm sure it is driving you nuts to not hear back from them. They're used to dealing with stressed, Type-A medical school applicants like you. ;)

Suzy, it depends what school. The same thing happened with me with Nova and I was dying to hear. I didn't contact them again and waited it out. It took about almost 2 weeks from the time they said I was chosen for an interview till I got the interview packet with the letter and date in the mail. Don't know if this was the school you contacted but if so, hope this helps!