**help Wanted**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

masse002

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi eveyone,

Even though this is my first post, i have been reading this forum for the past year and i would like to thank you all for your posts i have learned alot.

I just have some question

I want to apply for a post bacc program in spring 2009. I am done with all my pre reqs except physics which i start taking in fall 2008 and i ll be taking my MCAT on april 19 2009.

my question is

1. Do i have to finish physics before i apply for post bacc?
2. Is it possible to apply early and send MCAT score later (after the applcation deadline)? considering i won't get the scores untill may 20th
3.Do i have to have my bach degree before i start applying?

Thank you for your time

Members don't see this ad.

I think you mean an SMP, not a post-bac. Or do you mean you want to take upper level undergraduate courses?

And the answer is, for SMP, you can apply before you have everything finished, but generally they want MCAT scores (some will take GRE scores instead). For undergrad upper level, it varies school by school.

Yes i meant for SMP. I am very interested in the EVMS, Georgetown and such programs. do you think they will accept my MCAT score after the deadline?

Thanx for the reply lokhtar

Some won't review your application until your file is complete with MCAT scores. Others will do it only if you have another Test like the GREs, though all would prefer the MCAT.

Test scores are the major criteria if your GPA is low, unless you have exceptional ECs, so it's hard to be accepted without any test scores.