Help please!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starlight1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all

If you smart people would be so kind as to help me. I have a secret longing to be an opthalmologist but I am not sure I would get a decent residency (if any at all). My board scores are avg 222 and I have decent grades from the first 2 years but not all A's. I have A's and Honors on my clinical grades so far. I also have experience in the field as I started Optometry school and quit after a year to come to Med school...my year=B.S. in Optometry (don't know if this helps or not).
Any feedback would be appreciated...

Members don't see this ad.

from what ive noticed on interviews...they like good letters (so work hard on ophtho electives) and get involved with some research projects and papers if possible..the more of that u have the better ur application will look. U gotta just show genuine ophtho interest and show (via letters) that u are a likeable and motivatd person...and i think u can do fine...if its ur dream, dont give up on it so easily. if u want it, go after it..dont listen to anyone who says u cant match...cuz nobody knows that.