Help please... My eye sight turns grey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dezertyote

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I would like some help please. I'm 54 yrs. old male, with no major eye problems in the past other than reading glasses from "drug store".

In the passed month-- month in half, the sight in my right eye will gradually turn light grey. The grey will start usually from the bottom right and eventually it covers my whole vision in the eye except a tiny hole that I can barely see through. Out of this tiny hole I can only see the tip of my finger when I hold it up to the small opening.

The grey is blotchy at first then turns a solid light grey that you can not see through.
The first time it happened, it did it 3-4 times that day, then a few days went by and it might do it once in every 3-4 or 5-6 days apart.

If this is not the right forum for this post could I be directed to right one.

Thank you for your time and interest to help me.

Members don't see this ad.

Dezertyote said:
Hello,
I would like some help please. I'm 54 yrs. old male, with no major eye problems in the past other than reading glasses from "drug store".

In the passed month-- month in half, the sight in my right eye will gradually turn light grey. The grey will start usually from the bottom right and eventually it covers my whole vision in the eye except a tiny hole that I can barely see through. Out of this tiny hole I can only see the tip of my finger when I hold it up to the small opening.

The grey is blotchy at first then turns a solid light grey that you can not see through.
The first time it happened, it did it 3-4 times that day, then a few days went by and it might do it once in every 3-4 or 5-6 days apart.

If this is not the right forum for this post could I be directed to right one.

Thank you for your time and interest to help me.

Does this only occur in the right eye? How long does it last?

You need an eye exam to evaluate you for causes of amaurosis fugax. It's difficult to provide diagnoses over the internet, and I recommend that you go see an ophthalmologist.