HELP!! NHSC 2011-Loan repayment AFTER residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicinegirl

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Has any one been accepted to the Loan Repayment program of the NHSC lately (2010-2011)? If so, how long did it take for them to notify you of acceptance? Has there been any of you that applied and did not get accepted? ANY advice/tips are appreciated

Was it troublesome to apply? I'm rather overwhelmed with this process. I am looking forward to helping the medically underserved but up to my eyeballs in debt! I need some reassurance here!

Sorry if this has been posted in the past. I've had trouble finding the answers to my specific questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmm... I applied near the end of November 2010, turned in all the required paperwork at that time. I was already working at my health center for a year before applying. After a few status changes when checking online, I was finally on the "Awarded" status by the end of January. I haven't gotten the disbursement as of yet but I was told it should be coming in the next month.