Help!! need advice asap

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vlc515

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I accidentally applied to edp at my first choice school and was just offered an interview. Problem is i did not realize the requirements of the edp was to not apply at other schools!!!! It was worded to sound like you can apply to ONE EDP but others at normal application
COMPLETELY my mistake. but how should i proceed?? it was an honest mistake!

Members don't see this ad.

I accidentally applied to edp at my first choice school and was just offered an interview. Problem is i did not realize the requirements of the edp was to not apply at other schools!!!! It was worded to sound like you can apply to ONE EDP but others at normal application
COMPLETELY my mistake. but how should i proceed?? it was an honest mistake!

I didn't know that was possible. I thought AMCAS makes it so that if you mark a school ED, they don't allow you to apply to other school.

I would call AMCAS and ask them how to handle it. They might have some valid suggestions.

Calling the school and being honest with them might backfire because they might think you can't read directions.

That's just my thoughts. I'm no expert.

This is a tricky question and the answer depends on where you did apply edp and your qualifications as compared to the standards of that school. There is definitely an advantage to applying edp- the acceptance rate is higher. If you are above average for the school in gpa and mcat, have many extracurriculars and genuinely want to go there above any other school I think edp is an enticing option. HOWEVER, it puts you at a huge disadvantage if you are not accepted. Most edp programs won't tell you until October whether you are accepted or not, which leaves you a month (or less for some schools) to fill out the secondary and be reviewed. Basically, it's a risk I would never take but there are a few situations that merit consideration otherwise....sorry that was long.

Members don't see this ad :)
crap! its because I clicked edp on the secondary not in the amcas app!

Ah, in that case I think you should definitely contact the school (probably by phone call) and see if it can be changed. At worst I imagine that you can completely cancel that application and reapply, which would obviously require another payment. Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

You didn't select EDP on the AMCAS app? Then you missed out on of the biggest perks - having your AMCAS verified in like two hours. :cool:

If your intent was to apply EDP to that school and it's still your top choice, I would cancel all my other apps considering you already have an interview at this school. The early interview, and applying EDP will greatly improve your odds and show them that its your top choice.

I just got accepted EDP to my first and as a reapplicant, trust me when I say that it feels awesome being done with application process before it ever started and being accepted at your first choice school at the same time.

Don't listen to me without confirmation, but I think you can go to the interview and all that, but if they OFFER you an acceptance I think you are obligated to take it and then withdraw any other applications you made. I don't think you have to withdraw them right now. Again double check. You don't want to withdraw all those apps and then find out you didn't really have to do that. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.