**Help me narrow down my list of schools to apply to - too TOP HEAVY?***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cclawfjj

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

So I am a Canadian Citizen, who's just completed my undergrad degree in a Canadian University.

My stats are:
GPA: cGPA (3.65) sGPA (3.70)
MCAT: 35P (14 PS/11 VR/10 BS)

EC:
I'd rate my EC as average at best. It consists of some volunteer research experience (have not published anything. Research Experience is a weak point of my application IMO), hospital volunteering for the past 6-7 years, Princeton Review MCAT PS Instructor, President at Church Youth Group, etc.

Here is the list of school that I plan to apply to:

Albert Einstein
Baylor
Boston
Brown
Case Western
Dartmouth
Georgetown
U of Maryland
Michigan State University
Mt. Sinai
NYU
UConn
Yale

Unfortunately, I am not too familiar regarding the admission standard of US school and I'm unsure whether I am competitive enough for the school list that I have compiled. Also let me know if any of the above schools do not take Canadians (I've done my research before narrowing down my schools to ones above, but I still could have made a mistake)

I will greatly appreciate if anyone can give me some advice regarding this.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

Your stats are certainly within range of many of these schools; however, according to the MSAR ratings, many medical schools will not take very many international students (since you aren't a US Citizen, I'm pretty sure you fall into that category, despite your proximity).

Do you have the online subscription to MSAR? If not, I'd say its worth $20 to sign up for a year and see how many international students each school takes.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Your stats are certainly within range of many of these schools; however, according to the MSAR ratings, many medical schools will not take very many international students (since you aren't a US Citizen, I'm pretty sure you fall into that category, despite your proximity).

Do you have the online subscription to MSAR? If not, I'd say its worth $20 to sign up for a year and see how many international students each school takes.

Thank you for your input.

Which schools would you strike off of my list? And which solid school would you recommend that's not on my list?

Yes, Keck. No idea about statistics but there have been a few in each class since I've been here.