MD WAMC for Current Cycle/top-heavy school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikethemapples

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Surely this post is a joke.

You have 11 interviews from a school list composed of the top 30 schools and you’re worried that something went or might go wrong?

Just relax. You should be able to get multiple acceptances from 11 interviews. What have your post interview decisions been so far?

If you manage to somehow not get in, then the problem is with your interviewing skills, not your application or submission date.

Reactions: 6 users
I would guess that if you have had 11 interviews from these schools, and 0 turn into A's, that either A.) you got hit with the bad luck bug (and I feel for you..) or B.) You didn't interview as well as you thought.

Your statistics are obviously strong and you have adequate experiences to get in the door. The admissions door is opened by your application, but your personal interactions will make or break those A's.

Remember some of those schools (Harvard, for example) make late final decisions on accept vs waitlist post-interview. Your late submission may also delay getting interview invitations, but aren't going to make or break your chances at most schools, even highly selective ones.

Wait. Wait. Wait.

And for God's sake, be patient and wait some more.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
2023-05-11C.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Have you looked in the school specific threads? Are the schools you are waiting for results from sending any results?

Reactions: 1 user
You're going to get in, man. Go outside and touch grass while you wait

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

My neurotic but high-achieving brother or sister in Christ.

Even if you figure that you have a 20 percent chance of getting an acceptance at any given school, (0.8^11) = 0.086. That means that your odds of not getting a single acceptance are about 8.6 percent.

If you aren't sitting on at least one acceptance by April, either you were just extremely unlucky or your interviewing skills were terrible. On paper, you're a stellar applicant. The adage is "Interviews three, a doctor you'll be". You have eleven.

Medical school may be more challenging than your previous experiences. It may not be. However, I'd advise finding a way to get the neuroticism in check; there is no shame in seeking professional help and medical school is a stressful experience.

Good luck - and see you in medschool this August!

P.S: with eleven interview invites you didn't aim too high...

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Which schools did you get invites at? You’ll probably end up at a T10 to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.