Help me decide if I should apply this coming cycle and Chance me please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hello all!

I am currently a senior and planning on applying this coming cycle. My cgpa is 3.85 and will be taking MCAT in March ( expecting 515-517). Also I am an URM. However, I am a bit stressed about my ECs. Here they are:

Clinical Volunteering: 300 hrs ( i started volunteering this year and plan on acquiring these many hours by June) With volunteering hours from gap year, I should have 300+... mainly concerned about this because all these hours are coming from this year and not previous years

Shadowing: 100 hrs With shadowing volunteering hours from gap year, I should have 100+ (Some of these shadowing hours come from high school, but i want to include them because it has impacted why i want to go to medical school.

Research: Will do over gap semester. Also graduating a semester early, so will have about 6 months of research before applying (clinical research)

Three leadership positions in different clubs.

Volunteering at American Kidney Fund as a Kidney Health Coach (2 yrs)

Volunteering at Food Recovery Network (2 yrs)

Have my own community service project that helps people in certain countries in Africa

1 Healthcare administration summer internship

One health administration volunteer position I started in high school, but since this hospital is in a different country than the one I am in, I have been doing a lot of online work for them in college (5yrs)

Also, please chance me!

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You are in great shape assuming you get the MCAT score you expect. You have sufficient EC's in terms of both amount of hours as well as multiple with prolonged commitments. Work on making sure your MCAT is as high as you expect it to be!

You are in great shape assuming you get the MCAT score you expect. You have sufficient EC's in terms of both amount of hours as well as multiple with prolonged commitments. Work on making sure your MCAT is as high as you expect it to be!
Hello. Thank you for your input!! I am worried because all my clinical experiences are coming from this year and also will be projected from next year as I wait for interviews and responses. What do you think about that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello. Thank you for your input!! I am worried because all my clinical experiences are coming from this year and also will be projected from next year as I wait for interviews and responses. What do you think about that?
If you have 1 year of clinical experiences with 300 hours on your app, that should be sufficient (unless I am misunderstanding your post)

Hello all!

I am currently a senior and planning on applying this coming cycle. My cgpa is 3.85 and will be taking MCAT in March ( expecting 515-517). Also I am an URM. However, I am a bit stressed about my ECs. Here they are:

Clinical Volunteering: 300 hrs ( i started volunteering this year and plan on acquiring these many hours by June) With volunteering hours from gap year, I should have 300+... mainly concerned about this because all these hours are coming from this year and not previous years

Shadowing: 100 hrs With shadowing volunteering hours from gap year, I should have 100+ (Some of these shadowing hours come from high school, but i want to include them because it has impacted why i want to go to medical school.

Research: Will do over gap semester. Also graduating a semester early, so will have about 6 months of research before applying (clinical research)

Three leadership positions in different clubs.

Volunteering at American Kidney Fund as a Kidney Health Coach (2 yrs)

Volunteering at Food Recovery Network (2 yrs)

Have my own community service project that helps people in certain countries in Africa

1 Healthcare administration summer internship

One health administration volunteer position I started in high school, but since this hospital is in a different country than the one I am in, I have been doing a lot of online work for them in college (5yrs)

Also, please chance me!

Thank you so much!
You don't need a gap year. Unless you bomb the MCAT, apply 6/1/19

You don't need a gap year. Unless you bomb the MCAT, apply 6/1/19
Assuming I get a 517( which is around what I’ve been scoring for practice tests) what schools would you suggest. Also I know practice tests and actual scores are different but just trying to wrap my head around the type of schools I should aim for if I do get 517 +\- 2.

Assuming I get a 517( which is around what I’ve been scoring for practice tests) what schools would you suggest. Also I know practice tests and actual scores are different but just trying to wrap my head around the type of schools I should aim for if I do get 517 +\- 2.
Come back when you have an MCAT score.