HELP: looking for 1-month elective in Russia or Poland or Ukraine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gotrumpet

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm a resident in Family Medicine in Canada and I'm looking for a 1 month elective related to my field in one of the above countries in a good university. I'm looking at November or December.

Do you have any ideas where I should look?

Russia is totally foreign to me, but I figured I would get to travel while doing an elective this way.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think the best way is to either approach your hospital or call up the universities in Russia/Ukraine to see if you can do any electives with their teaching hospitals. If you don't mind me asking, why Russia/Ukraine when you can do your electives in a Wester European country (Sweden, Norway, Germany, Netherlands, France etc.).....they're worth it...

Hi thanks for your reply.

I wanted to combine travel with learning, and esp. Russia I've been curious about for a long time.

I figure I can travel to W, Europe when I'm an old guy but E. Europe is developing fast so might as well do it now before it becomes a different place.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried contacting 2 schools in St. Petersburg offering MD programs in English and also all the American clinics I could find, and it's been 2 days and not a single reply.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

What about Krakow? They have an english-speaking program so they'll likely have some info.

If you're looking into other Easter European countries, I would recommend Croatia (Univ. of Zagreb) which is a cheap and a very nice option for American students. They have tons of teaching hospitals that give you some good hands on experience. Czech Republic is another option but I think it's a bit more expensive (and so are Poland and Hungary).

I guess romania cud b a gud option... try that

I tried contacting 2 schools in St. Petersburg offering MD programs in English and also all the American clinics I could find, and it's been 2 days and not a single reply.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Have tryed to contat the KAZAN STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY.
Well i am a fnal year student from here, so if you need any exact info- i could help you with that.
[email protected]