Help!!! I need UCSF info!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GopherBrain

MARK IT ZERO!!
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please... What can you tell me about UCSF IM? I just matched into Neurology there, now I need to decide on going there for my prelim year...

Is it malignant? Are people happy? Is it worth choosing over a good midwest state U program, even given the cost of living?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

GopherBrain said:
Please... What can you tell me about UCSF IM? I just matched into Neurology there, now I need to decide on going there for my prelim year...

Is it malignant? Are people happy? Is it worth choosing over a good midwest state U program, even given the cost of living?

Thanks.

I realize that I'm not being helpful, but congrats, man. :D

I interviewed there for the primary care internal medicine program, which has inpatient months with the categorical residents. non-malignant aspects include non-hierarchical atmosphere and nice people. for medicine interns it would be 10 months of q4 call; they're pretty good about getting you out by 12 the next morning. No ICU months at least for the medicine interns, but the ICU at Moffitt is open, so you take care of ICU patients when you're on general medicine wards. Supposed to start providing an extra $500/month to cover SF cost of living, so far only guaranteed for the months you're at Moffitt.