Other OT-Related Information Help finding online sociology course last minute

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chanlamax

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew of any online/accelerated intro to sociology courses that I could sign up for ASAP. I took Soc 1 many years ago, and must retake it BEFORE summer as my potential matriculation date would be June. All of the soc classes that I have found begin this summer :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I know that my community college offers online accelerated courses that start in a few weeks. Have you checked yours?

I checked 4 community colleges in my area and they are all 5 month courses that began in January. Do you mind sharing which CC you know of that has classes that have not begun yet? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I might have something for you! The community college where I got all my prereqs done offers "late start" classes beginning March 23rd and ending May 16th, AND there's 1 online sociology course being offered! I'm sure you can enroll and register all online.

http://www.ccbcmd.edu/registration/flexreg/

Last edited:
Scc Lincoln (Nebraska) has an online sociology course from 4/1-6/11

I did several of my pre-reqs online through University of Phoenix. I was skeptical at first but all the schools I applied to accepted them with no issues, the classes are accelerated (mine were all 5-9 weeks long) and they had a new course starting every week or two so I wasn't facing any time constraints. Pricey though.

Last edited:
Schools on the quarter system are gearing up for registration right about now. What state are you in? Find a school in your state using that system, or take courses as an out-of-state student. The quarter system is more common in the western states. Find out whether you need to take proctored exams if you opt to take an out-of-state online course; in my experience, the social science courses are less likely to require this, but you don't want a nasty surprise.

Here's a list of four-year colleges on the quarter system. It's not all-inclusive, I'm betting, but it is a solid starting point. Do a Google search for community colleges around the public four-year schools listed and see if they are also on the quarter system, because saving money is good.
http://www.collegexpress.com/lists/list/colleges-that-operate-on-a-quarter-system/243/

I checked 4 community colleges in my area and they are all 5 month courses that began in January. Do you mind sharing which CC you know of that has classes that have not begun yet? Thanks.
Delaware County Community College (dccc) in PA.

Thank you all for your help! I have options now, and I am VERY appreciative :)

Reactions: 1 users
BTW just be mindful of the end-dates for the courses, and be super communicative with your prospective grad school about the process -- congrats on acceptance and good luck!

I would recommend University of North Dakota (online) or University of Idaho (Independent Studies online). What's great about these two schools is your allow to do the courses at your own pace. They are fairly decent price too. About $100ish a credit. :)