Coursework & Fieldwork Last Minute Prerequisite fulfillment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SCOT2017

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an online Ethics course that I could take before May? I'm in a bit of a pickle with schools and now will be needing to fill this requirement. Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know of an online Ethics course that I could take before May? I'm in a bit of a pickle with schools and now will be needing to fill this requirement. Thanks guys!
Does it matter the particular state/school/class title? Two schools in my state (FL) offer an online course - St. Petersburg College and Hillsborough Community College. The course number from their catalogs is PHI 1600 (called "Studies of Applied Ethics" at SPC and just "Ethics" at HCC, but they're the same class). I see that they've both offered it online before, too. Not sure about the current registration deadlines/offerings for Spring/Summer '19 semesters, but you can check those out? Honestly I imagine most smaller state schools/community colleges will offer similar classes online like this. :)

Does it matter the particular state/school/class title? Two schools in my state (FL) offer an online course - St. Petersburg College and Hillsborough Community College. The course number from their catalogs is PHI 1600 (called "Studies of Applied Ethics" at SPC and just "Ethics" at HCC, but they're the same class). I see that they've both offered it online before, too. Not sure about the current registration deadlines/offerings for Spring/Summer '19 semesters, but you can check those out? Honestly I imagine most smaller state schools/community colleges will offer similar classes online like this. :)
Thank you so much for the reply!! Yes my community college here does as well, but the start date was in January. I guess I'm looking for more self paced courses.

Thank you so much for the reply!! Yes my community college here does as well, but the start date was in January. I guess I'm looking for more self paced courses.
Hmm, I'd check with the professors in the PHI department at your community college. If they offer express summer courses online, those are usually self-paced (unless you mean you need to be officially finished with the course in a semester before May). Otherwise, some universities (University of Arkansas, for instance) offer self-paced online courses with many, many different start dates. Maybe try searching there. Pre-reqs can be such a pain, but good luck, I hope you find something that works out!