Help deciding on PT school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Schaefer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have recently been accepted to four physical therapy schools: Belmont University, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, the Medical College of Georgia and Armstrong Atlantic State University. I have pros and cons for all of them, but I cannot seem to make up my mind. Is there anyone out there that graduated from or is currently attending any of these schools? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I hired a student from Belmont who was outstanding. I hear there are some amazing faculty there. Interestingly, I recently had a student on his final rotation from the Medical College of Georgia. He was an absolute train wreck, but I doubt that is in anyway a reflection of the program. He nearly failed the rotation, but I had some very good interaction with his academic coordinator in Georgia. It left me with an overal bad impression of this student but a good impression of the program.

I might also consider tuition and location as factors in your decision. Really go over the numbers and see what you'd be paying each month in loan repayments. All the schools will get you a PT degree, so you want the best one that will not encumber you with a ton of loans to repay.

Congratulations and good luck on your decision. :luck: