HELP AA program acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akim0408

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying to Emory and Case Western's AA programs, but I'm having hard time deciding what to do with my last year in undergrad. Both want Biology lab and Physics lab as a prerequisite, but what if I took the labs at a community college? Specifically, I took Bio I Lab at a community college and Bio II at my regular university. Same with Physics... so I guess my question is: how important are those labs? Should I retake them at my university?

Also, I feel like everyone asks this question... but how competitive is it? My GPA is around a 3.6 and I have yet to take the MCAT... so will a high MCAT score make up for my subpar GPA? I've also made 2 B-'s in 2 of my science classes.. the rest are B+ or higher.. mostly in the A range...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying to Emory and Case Western's AA programs, but I'm having hard time deciding what to do with my last year in undergrad. Both want Biology lab and Physics lab as a prerequisite, but what if I took the labs at a community college? Specifically, I took Bio I Lab at a community college and Bio II at my regular university. Same with Physics... so I guess my question is: how important are those labs? Should I retake them at my university?

Also, I feel like everyone asks this question... but how competitive is it? My GPA is around a 3.6 and I have yet to take the MCAT... so will a high MCAT score make up for my subpar GPA? I've also made 2 B-'s in 2 of my science classes.. the rest are B+ or higher.. mostly in the A range...
1 Nobody cares where the labs where taken, as long as you can claim it is a valid (accredited) lab course. Don't waste your time and money.

2 If you crush the MCAT, it's like getting a Monopoly game "go straight to the Go sign, and collect the money" card. It is in your best interest to score the highest in that test.

Best of luck.

If you don't score high enough on your MCAT to get into AA school, don't be discouraged, because you might still get into podiatry school!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3.6 is not a sub-par GPA in my book.