Hello Everyone!!! R U tired??

forum stalker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Like MANY of you who go on to this site and stalk people's comments, I myself am one (hence the name forum stalker), I just really had the urge to create an account and have the opportunity to tell everyone "THANKS".

What is it about this forum that makes a person check it almost daily? The new MY Space? NO, it's the urge to find out how others (in competition with yourself) are doing. First, it's to see how others did on the OAT, then it's to see who got interviews and accepted with what stats. Ultimately one can feel bad for themselves, be extra stressed out to see people scoring 400 on the OAT, or just curious.

I took the OAT, applied, got one interview so far, and now WAITING for the others. What have we gotten ourselves into??? :)

Thanks for all the posts, they are very amusing to read... and all I can think about is how sorry I feel for those who will be preparing for the OAT to apply for Fall 2008. :p GOOD LUCK to everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

lol. Funny name! This is a very addicting website. We're all in "competition" but there's lots of good advice and encouragement, making it fun to get to know others like ourselves.

I can't answer your question about what we've gotten ourselves into! Guess we'll just have to see!:thumbup:

I just can't stop checking it. I check it almost as much as I check my email, which is all the time.

It's weird, we're all being supportive of each other and stuff, but we're all in competition against each other. If we really wanted to get into optometry school, we should cut down on the competition! :idea: From now on, I shall be advising everyone to quit pre-opt, rescind their applications, and get a job with immediate pay and possible promotion opportunities (see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0sAC24oHuY).

I can't wait to see all the waiting lists shorten.

Good luck to everyone in their future endeavors, this is where we depart. And if you're still in the running for optometry school, then I wish you the worst and hope that the best man (and woman [gotta stay P.C., right?]) will not win, but lose faith, and leave the seats to me. :smuggrin: