OAT Experience '16 (not the highest scores as everyone else)

Mik194

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So... the OAT! I read literally every single post on here dated back t0 05' haha! But anyways, the materials I used to study were:

Chads videos, chads videos, and... chad's videos! Lol okay and I had the Kaplan book but that was just so much info in one book. I felt like I did better with his videos/taking notes/taking his quizzes. I used Kaplan for practice tests and the princeton review cracking the OAT for practice tests. I also used the OAT achiever. My scores for the OAT achiever were 280TS for the first 2. I was way too burnt out to do the 3rd one.

The OAT: Omg.... I felt like there was so much material I did not know/haven't seen. And everything was going so fast that I couldn't tell if I was right or wrong on some questions. But the only thing you should know is that you are doing better than you think you are. Because i honestly thought I was gonna get a 270 or something lower at the rate I was going.

Breakdown:

Bio: Lots of genetics, 5 domain, hormones, 2 graphs. I basically learned bio by exposure to many of the questions on the practice tests. I liked kaplans 5 tests for the bio section because it talked about a lot of the topics on the actual OAT.

Gchem: I honestly liked Gchem but the test was kinda all over the place. It had rate law problems that I knew how to solve but they worded it differently and i was iffy on how to solve it!

Ochem: Pretty simply! I only got 2 NMR questions. Some reactions. I would memorize all of the aromatic substitutions.

RC: The first two articles were so boring and the third article was way easier to read! But the questions were mostly "make you infer" type of questions. I tried skimming through half the passage and then just used the search and destroy method for the rest of the questions. The questions usually go in chronological order to the paragraphs so you dont have to search too much.

Physics: Ugh just horrible. I honeslty was iffy about all of them and wasn't completely sure on EVEN ONE! I was so frustrated. I hated physics like everyone else but I studied for it with chad's and did practice problems from achiever. I should have put in way more work and it shows in my test scores :(. Study the cliff problems for kinematics, study forces, study capacitors (ew) and circuits!!

QT: Another area where I felt so rushed onn and not confident in solving problems. A lot of geometry. I was scoring well on the achiever ( like 340) and I still scored low on this. Maybe because I didn't have time and my hands were shaking from physics lol.

SCORES:
BIO-310
GC- 390
OC- 370
PHYSICS-280 ( ugh why :/ )
RC- 300 ( I'm really bad at reading lol)
QR -310

TS: 330 AA: 330

I would def do chad's videos and way more practice problems. Everyone says that but it actually helps. Study the concepts for 1 month and then practice for one month!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user