hearing from programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone having interview at st.joseph, paterson, nj? do they ask any clinical questions?

Members don't see this ad.

haven't joined in yet... but thought i'd finally add my 2 cents:
have already been on 2 interviews (they started last week). went well i suppose - more informal than i thought they'd be. interviews are very conversational. other places that i've heard from:

yale
cornell
upenn
mt sinai (manhattan)
north shore
st lukes/roosevelt
LIJ
umdnj
thomas jefferson
tufts
westchester med ctr
LI college
Einstein BI

hey jaxy,
you say you've heard from all those, meaning you got interviews?
when did you hear from yale, mt, sinai and cornell?? when did you apply?
I will start interviewing in december yet, and still wating for more progs. to reply. Applied 2 weeks ago.
GL!

Members don't see this ad :)
hi everyone! glad the interviews are rolling in! i've added pretty much the same as everyone else: tufts and brown are the newest ones. jaxy, where did you interview already? give us the scoop in case we overlap. i have an interview at north shore in 2 weeks and that will be my first. thanks and good luck everyone!

Would you mind posting your stats, etc...if you're more comfortable, you could pm me too...thanks! i am really hoping for the GWU and Johns Hopkins interview....

Here is my list, roughly in order of when I got them.....

Pre-DL: Sinai of Baltimore, Einstein-Philly, Jefferson, Washington Hospital Center, St Lukes-Roosevelt, Drexel, NYMC-Westchester, Einstein Beth Israel, GWU, UMD, Temple, Tufts

Post-DL: Penn Hosp-Philly, Mt Sinai, NYMC-St Vinnies, Lenox Hill

Anyone going to Sinai Baltimore this sunday?

Here's an Update to my previously postdate interview list:

Kaiser Oakland, MUSC, Palmetto Health (USC-SOM) and Duke (Duke was the only post-DL so far)

Hope everyone is getting more interview invites as well.

Hey all. Just thought I'd join in. Here are my interviews so far: (in the order that I am interviewing)

Vermont
UofFla
MUSC
Duke
Carolinas (charlotte)
Emory
Wake Forest
MAHEC (asheville)
Jacksonville
New Hanover (wilmington)
Carilion (roanoke)
East Tennesse State

Anybody heard from UNC or UVA?

just to keep you all updated so you do the same. some exciting new ones: northwestern, rush, u of illinois at chicago, nyu. still got some big ones to go so i'm crossing my fingers!! good luck everyone and keep us posted!

Here's my most recent list (in order of interviews.....)

1. UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson (NJ)
2. Long Island Jewish (NY)
3. North Shore (NY)
4. St. Luke's-Roosevelt (NY)
5. Winthrop (NY)
6. SUNY-Downstate
7. Mt. Sinai (NY)
8. UMDNJ-New Jersey Med
9. NYU

Still waiting for a few others.....Keep posting!

Hi!! where is everybody!!??...
Just got an invite from Washington Hospital, DC. Anybody interviewed here/knows something about this program? (Rej. from NYU and Univ of Colorado).

i'm here.... got an invite from staten island-SVMC, WVU, Palmetto in SC, and Newark Beth Israel. Kind of hoping the dean's letter would bring a flood of notice, but that didnt really happen. I had my first interview Friday and it went well.

i'm here.... got an invite from staten island-SVMC, WVU, Palmetto in SC, and Newark Beth Israel. Kind of hoping the dean's letter would bring a flood of notice, but that didnt really happen. I had my first interview Friday and it went well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Replies after the Dean's letter seem to be coming but slowly. Probably we'll get more the next few days.
Where did you interview? How was it? My first is still in Dec.
GL!

Here are the new ones:

U. of Washington
U. of Conn
U. of Pittsburgh

Still waiting or didn't get an interview thus far at ... UNC, Duke Northwestern, Brigham & Women's, and UCSF.

Good luck to everyone in planning travel arrangements! Arghh!

Hey all. Just an update.

Heard from Univ of Colorado and Eastern Virginia (norfolk). Still waiting on Kentucky, UNC, UVA.

Got SUNY-Downstate. Has anyone heard from the Harvard programs, Boston U, Columbia or Einstein-Bronx ??

anyone care to post thier stats? it would be nice to see some scores, AOA status, class rank, US vs IMG, etc...to try to gauge how the programs may be screening...

thanks!

hey. i just got columbia and mt sinai today so check your inbox. einstein in the bronx i got yesterday i think. as for the boston programs, haven't heard much. i will definitely let you know if i do hear from them and i hope that you and anyone else will do the same. hope this helps and good luck!

Originally posted by catdograccoon
Got SUNY-Downstate. Has anyone heard from the Harvard programs, Boston U, Columbia or Einstein-Bronx ??

i also heard from columbia today. heard from nyu and einstein (bronx) last week. no word from brighams yet.....

For the Boston programs, I heard from Tufts right before the DLs went out and from BU today. No word from the Harvard progs as of yet.

Anyone heard from UCSF yet??

No love from North Carolina - rejected from Duke and UNC yesterday.

Received a Brigham & Women's invite today.

Still waiting on UCSF.

Same here. Rej from UNC and Duke, but also from Brigham. :(
Still waiting from Chicago and some NY progs.

don't feel bad guys. i didn't hear from duke yet--probably my rejection is coming soon, but i got rejected from unc too. oh well, not much we can do about it except focus on the ones we got! good luck everyone!

So with the really competitive programs, do they offer interviews to their best candidates first? Then send out additional interviews as needed to fill up their interview slots??

Gahnoc- Invited from USC, but no word from UCSD yet either. They sure take their sweet time.

Not in any kind of order....

BU
Tufts
UConn
Mayo
Temple
NY Methodist
Georgetown
Beth Israel (NY)
UNM

any thoughts on the temple and ny methodist programs? dont know too much about them. any info would be appreciated.
thanks!

Got Cornell today....still waiting for Columbia and Einstein!

still nobody willing to list some stats? scores, US vs IMG, research, etc...

it would be helpful to us future applicants to see what gets interviews where...

thanks!

so far I've got interviews at:
U. of Vermont
Baystate, Springfield MA
Bridgeport CT
Stamford CT
U. of Maryland
Greenville SC
Palmetto/USC
Medical college of Georgia

Has anyone heard from Umass or Maine Medical Center yet??

Did you hear from Cornell through eras/email??
I got rejections from Northwestern (email) and Yale (snail mail) :(

Heard from Cornell via email :)
Columbia gave me the boot yesterday via email :oops:
Got Einstein in the Bronx via regular mail :D

All done....now the interviews begin!

Just heard from Duke today (good news) for anyone else still waiting to hear. :)

How did you hear from Duke...email or snail mail? What dates are they offering?

I just received an email/eras invitation from Cornell!! :)
Rej. from Columbia, NYU and Duke more than a week ago (by email)
Haven't started interviewing yet. (My stressful itinerary starts on Dec 3rd)... how has everyone's interview experience been til now?

sorry i've been MIA. i heard from duke through email and they are offering December 1, 5, and 15. Good luck!

Anybody had interview at Alleghany General? Should we go for the happy hour on the previous day? How was your experience?Any comments will be appreciated. Thank you.