hearing from programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BBB 1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious about whether or not people are hearing from programs yet--unfortunately, none of my friends are applying
in Ob/Gyn, so I don't really have a way of knowing if there are a lot of invites going out.

I've applied to a mix of programs in CA, DC, and NY. Would really appreciate knowing if people are hearing from places.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I have three invites so far- one in CA, one in NY and one in GA. How is that for lapping the country?

Where in Cali? I applied to San Diego. I applied to programs out West and have so far heard from Univ. of Nevada and Univ. of New Mexico. Also a program here in Kansas City.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kaiser Oakland, the only CA program I applied to.

Thanks! I like to know if I've been passed up...or do most programs send a courtesy letter saying "thanks, but no thanks"?
Good luck!

1 in DC, 1 in Baltimore, 2 in Philadelphia. Anyone else out there heard from NE programs?

Which Program in Baltimore??

Thanks for the replies! It seems like invites are trickling in, rather than the flood some of my medicine, FP, peds friends are getting, at least in the areas of the country I've applied to. Yikes, it's sort of a nail-biter.

I heard from Oakland, too! Where are you coming from? So I've got 2 from CA, and nothing yet from DC, Baltimore (where I also applied to), and NY.

BTW, I haven't yet heard from any university or university-affiliated program in CA except UCSF-Fresno.

I do wonder if you get the 'thanks but no thanks' this early?

Biogirl, my interview is at Sinai of Baltimore

Hi, I haven't applied yet!!... running a bit late. What programs in PA,NY, or others have replied? Any Foreign medical grads??

Hey guys! I am freaking about because my inbox of interviews is empty--nada, zip, zero. I need to know if anyone has gotten interviews at any of the places I applied. The programs are in NYC, Boston, Chicago, UNC, and Duke. Noone at my school has gotten interviews at any of these places but I need to know if anyone else has around the country. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

don't worry, i haven't heard from any either...I mostly applied to programs in cali and two in arizona. I turned in my app barely two weeks ago so I'm not worried yet. Plus, I heard most programs are waiting till after November 1st when they get the Dean's letter. The one program that's my top choice said they haven't even looked at apps and they usually don't start interviewing until late December...

as for Peds, I am applying to those programs as well and in one week I got five interviews...must be specialty-dependent...

hey global, azdoc, how ya been? where are you guys?

I've applied to 4 programs in the Chicago area and have yet to hear from any of them. Hopefully we'll be hearing from them soon! I haven't heard from any of the programs in Arizona either....

Members don't see this ad :)
rebe,
I also got one at UNM. When's yours? Mine is Dec 5.

Haven't heard from any others. Programs I applied to: 4 in CA, UNM, 2 in AZ, 2 in MI, 3 in PA, and 11 in NY. All my stuff's been downloaded (after one straggler finally did it yesterday), but I'm still waiting, anxiously checking my e-mail multiple times a day...

hey Kiki,

doin good... just watching this process go forward and my checking acct go backwards. Fl interview went well, got DC and MD coming up soon. How you doing?

finally got my first two invites:
UMDNJ-New Brunswick
Mount Sinai - Jamaica

anyone knows anything about these programs (other than the APGO stuff)?

dwstranger,

My UNM interview is in January for now. I'd love to hear what you think of it after your interview. Have you talked to anyone from the program? Good luck with your interview!

Rebe131

No, I haven't spoken with anyone, but I did check out the Albuquerque Tourism Board's site for the city. Looks like a great place to live -- not that we'd have any time to enjoy it...

I just got another invite - to Flushing Hospital in Queens. Yay. I was worried, especially being an IMG...

This thread is getting kinda quiet...anyone with new interview invites?

Me- i have gotten three this week. So far I am up to eight total

KUMC
U of Nev
Atlanta Med Ctr
LSU NO
LSU Shreveport
Kaiser Oakland
LICH
IU

What is KUMC?

Just got an invite from a community program in LA. Also heard from a Baltimore program. Glad to see things are moving for people.

Got two more this week (for a total of 4):

Drexel U. (in Philly)
LIJ

Hey guys! I want to keep this board alive. I finally got my first interview today at North Shore Hospital in NY. Very relieved even though it's not a top choice for me. Just wanted to update so that everyone else will do the same! Good luck everyone and take care.

I heard from KUMC as well last week. I've also heard from Maricopa in Phoenix that they are about to send out thier invites.
I'm only up to 4.

I got one more on Friday-
U of Louisville.

I doubt I will see many more til Dean's letter comes out. What do you guys think?

I got three more today--2 in Chicago and 1 in New York. But I added a lot of little programs last week. We shall see! Good luck.

which chicago programs?

I'm at Philly-3, NYC-2, Baltimore-1, DC-1 at this point. It seems like the invites have been coming at a fairly constant rate for people, which is good to see. Does anyone know how it usually goes after nov 1 ie. is there more of a rush of invites after that date or does it continue on a few per week like now?

Hey Global Disrobal!
How is the Washington Hospital Program? Heard anything from GW or Georgetown?? How are these progs? heard they are "conservative" bec of being catholic... Did you interview at MD? what program?
I just applied a few days ago to about 30 progs (mainly NE) but haven't heard anything.
GL! :)

My DC interview is at Wash Hosp Center also. As far as religious affiliation goes, Georgetown is catholic, and pretty conservative. GW has no religious affiliation that I'm aware of.

couple of new ones:

North Shore (Long Island)
UNM

...which brings the total up to 6...... can't wait 'till dean's letters come out!!!!!!!!

to be honest with you I don't know much about Wash Hosp Center either. I'm waiting on the information packet.

Hopkins has nice program, but very hierarchical like all of their other residencies, not to mention NOT IMG friendly.

UMD is the lesser of the two, with bad hours.

Sinai is a good solid program which I like.

Sorry if I can't be more help but the majority of my focus is on the SE!

Good luck with the invites!

i would think that baylor in houston would be good. does anybody know?
thanks

Just got invites from Beth Israel in NYC, GWU in DC and UMd in Baltimore. GlobalDisroyal, would you be able to go into more detail about what you know about Sinai of Baltimore and UMD? I'd appreciate it.

i just got an invite from Maricopa in Phoenix. i'm up to 5 and waiting for the dean's letters to go out!

hey everybody. i have some new ones too--UMDNJ in Newark, Cornell, UMass, Beth Israel in NYC. can't wait for dean's letters too! good luck everyone.

has anybody had an interview yet? if so, i'd love to hear what it was like. i scheduled my first one for nov 19th. thanks!

Haven't posted a message in a looong time, but I have been checking out the threads regularly. Applied to OB/GYN residency programs on Oct 5th and have received interview requests from the following programs to date:
University of Nevada
Maricopa, AZ
Good Sam, AZ
Emory
Oschner, LA
Washington Hospital Centre
Baylor
Univ of Texas-Houston Progam A
Univ of Texas-Houston Program B
Univ of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston
Orlando Regional HealthCare
Univ of South Florida, Tampa
Univ of Florida, Gainesville
Bayfront

Waiting on a few more programs that I am really interested in, hopefully will hear from these programs after the Dean's letter comes out.

Good Luck to everyone!:)

Hi everyone. Here's what I've got thus far:

Thomas Jefferson, Emory, Baylor, Vanderbilt, UT-SW, Tulane, Oschner, MUSC, Brown, U. of Chicago, U. of Michigan, U. of Maryland, U. of Oregon, Stanford.

First interview is Nov. 17th!! Need to buy a suit soon!!

What is the take on Tulane? I have heard some not so good things about their program.

I got invites from U of Md and Eastern Virginia today.

Hey everybody! I've been reading the posts and thought it'd be good to join in--

I applied all over the country (a bonus to being a single 4th year medical student I guess!), so far still waiting for most of the west coast programs to get back to me, or not, as the case may be... But I'm holding on to hope that more will come back after Nov. 1... So far my invites have come from:

UVA
MUSC
FL Gainesville
Barnes Jewish
U of Michigan
Wayne State
William Beaumont
Stanford
Carolinas Medical Center
Wake Forest

Good luck to everyone-- see you on the interview trail! Hopefully by that point I'll have an interview suit and I won't be showing up in scrubs :)

Here is my update:
Mt. Sinai (Jamaica)
Drexel U
Long Island Jewish
UMDNJ Robert Wood (New Brunswick)
UNM
Lankenau
North Shore
Tufts
Einstein Beth Israel

... if anyone has anything to say about any of the programs please share it with the group - it will be greatly appreciated.

I got 2 invites,
Univ of Iowa and Tufts.
When did you hear from LI jewish and Einst. Beth Israel?? I haven't heard from them. Still waiting for more invites...
GL

First post-dean's letter offers:

U of Alabama
Johns Hopkins

Me too, Johns Hopkins. Did you sched. your interview yet? I haven't prob will choose Jan. Didn't apply to UAB. Didn't hear from anyone else yet.