Headlight Recommendations for 4.5 loupes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

0Mik3cho

Dentgineer
Lifetime Donor
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty dead set on getting 4.5 Q-Optics and am now trying to figure out what lights to get. Is the lumadent wireless AirLux bright enough for 4.5 magnification? How is Q-optics own light compared to Lumadents?

Members don't see this ad.

The Q-Optics light is less bright than the lumadent or DFV lights. However, I find that both of those brighter lights when on full are too bright.

I have Q-Optics 4.0 with a DFV light. It works well. I think using any of them would work well. When my DFV light dies, I'll likely get a lumadent wired light. I'm not a big fan of wireless due to the added weight and decreased output time.

I'd recommend the endeavour trucolor xl headlight system. It's not just about having a light, but battery life, color accuracy (is it too washed out, is it more white light or natural sunlight - warmth), focused light, heat generation, balance on loupes, and reliability. I own two (one as a backup) and couldn't be happier. I don't like wireless systems since they tend to run out of juice relatively quickly and changing them out wastes valuable minutes.