Have cancer but are pregnant? No chemo for you!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gfunk6

And to think . . . I hesitated
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

More collateral damage from SCOTUS ruling. The stories of women in this article are really mind blowing. If I were a physician in Ohio, I too wouldn't see myself trying to "skirt" the draconian state law and risk imprisonment.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
People get what they vote for. Ohio will suffer from its MAGAfication and falling for the okie dokie of “reasonable” mike dewine.

Reactions: 1 users
This is in part why I don't push pregnancy tests hard on women who need cancer therapy. If you offer and it's declined, move on with your life. If you catch a pregnancy in one of the "abortion is banned" states you've now hurt the patient.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
People get what they vote for. Ohio will suffer from its MAGAfication and falling for the okie dokie of “reasonable” mike dewine.
If we are going to get technical, everyone in Ohio gets what 60% of their peers voted for (by way of legislature). Lots of hard decisions to be made I am afraid. Use to be you could live in places like Columbus or Raleigh and just ignore the craziness that happened outside the cities. Now you really have to think long and hard before considering moving to some of these states (or staying put if that is your situation). But remember, Gerrymandering and legislative veto power are totally consistent with the founding fathers original intention. Otherwise they would have written the constitution differently :(

If we are going to get technical, everyone in Ohio gets what 60% of their peers voted for (by way of legislature). Lots of hard decisions to be made I am afraid. Use to be you could live in places like Columbus or Raleigh and just ignore the craziness that happened outside the cities. Now you really have to think long and hard before considering moving to some of these states (or staying put if that is your situation). But remember, Gerrymandering and legislative veto power are totally consistent with the founding fathers original intention. Otherwise they would have written the constitution differently :(
So you staying put or what?

So you staying put or what?
Nah, I’m good where I am now. I’m center-left in a center-right state. I don’t love a lot of the legislation they have passed in the last couple of years but I’m ok with it for two reasons. First, none of it has been anything like what was shared by the op. Second, our legislative representation is a pretty accurate representation of our general electorate. A lot of votes don’t go my way but nothing is completely a given for either side and I feel like my vote counts. I’m far more passionate about that than any particular issue.

I can’t say the same from where I was most recently. One of those places with a 50/50 split in registration but one side controls almost 80% of the legislature because of gerrymandering. And they are pushing for some real draconian stuff now. That’s really where I was coming from earlier. It’s easy to say people get what they vote for but it’s way more complicated than that.

Reactions: 1 users