General Admissions & OTCAS Has anyone gotten into OT school while not providing all required LOR's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sb0106

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I sent in three LOR's as required to all of my schools. However, I did not provide a LOR from a teacher. I graduated in 2013 and frankly didn't have a strong relationship with any of my teachers so I felt like getting an LOR from them would be a waste. I didn't feel that it would benefit me at all, so instead I got my letters from supervisors, OT's-- people who knew me better.

I just got an email from a school saying I am missing a required LOR from an academic source, that this requirement is clearly stated in OTCAS. However--a couple minutes later I got an email titled "Qualify for interview" from the same school notifying me that my app has been evaluated and that I am eligible to continue on in the application process-- that I will receive an email about interview dates soon.

I'm a little confused about whether or not they will grant me the interview without the LOR? I am hesitant to email them because I don't want them to rescind their interview email haha

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't worry about it and just explain the situation in the interview if they bring it up. My undergrad was all online...not really condusive to having teachers really get to know you! My letters came from the OT I shadowed and one of the physicians I work for. Congrats on the interview!

I wouldn't worry about it and just explain the situation in the interview if they bring it up. My undergrad was all online...not really condusive to having teachers really get to know you! My letters came from the OT I shadowed and one of the physicians I work for. Congrats on the interview!

Do you think I should email them about it or just leave it be? lol