Employment & Professional Networking Has anyone done medical scribing before going to OT school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LeggOT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, so I'm looking into other healthcare related fields that I can do before going to OT school. There are not that many rehab tech jobs in my area, but I was wondering if anyone has done medical scribing? I know most pre-med and pre-nursing students do that, but would it be beneficial for us pre-OT folks?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn’t do medical scribing, because it’s not too related to OT. If you really can’t find a tech job I would try aba therapy or an activity assistant job, or a pca job. They are more related to OT.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I actually work as a medical scribe in the trauma center near me and I have found it to be beneficial for me in relation to OT. I have actually been told that it is something that sets me apart from the other applicants as many don't have that experience.

Hi, I don’t do medical scribe but I do patient intake for a medical office and I think it will be beneficial towards learning medical conditions and medications as well as to further your patient care experience! even though it’s not OT related but we will have to communicate with other healthcare professions in order to provide best care so it won’t hurt you! I just got accepted into a program but maybe you could continue observing OT on the side because that’s what I did. Plus, it really helps connect everything in anatomy & physiology

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile