Harvard MPH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got accepted and will most likely attend woohoo!

Members don't see this ad.

I got accepted and will most likely attend woohoo!

me too!!! I got an acceptance from HSPH MPH Health and Social Behavior concentration today by e-mail!!! :)

Is anyone doing the summer session prior to the start of the academic year?

Members don't see this ad :)
just heard friday via email.

accepted for MPH in the CLinincal Effectiveness Concentration!

good luck to those still waiting.

Thanks Euisa! I applied to the Global Health track, and I applied very early (SOPHAS mailed my completed application on 11/3/2010). Good luck to you!

I received the admission via email from HSPH, on Global Health program too!:)

Congratulations on your good news. I was wondering if you were also given funding or any financial aid. This question is actually to all those who have been accepted to HSPH, were any of you given sccholarships as well in the acceptance letter.

on HSPH website, it says the financial aid office will let the accepted students know by the following Tuesday about the scholarship award...It seems that the scholarship doesn't come along with admission letter. i haven't heard about scholarship yet. keep fingers crossed.:xf:

on HSPH website, it says the financial aid office will let the accepted students know by the following Tuesday about the scholarship award...It seems that the scholarship doesn't come along with admission letter. i haven't heard about scholarship yet. keep fingers crossed.:xf:

Hey!

I called them to ask since my online account said that they had not received a work study referral form. They said that we should be receiving a financial aid package sometime today or by the end of this week and we don't need to worry about completing the work study referral form at this time. Keeping fingers crossed as well.

Thanks for the update! I logged in specifically because I had not heard back from financial services.

Hey!

I called them to ask since my online account said that they had not received a work study referral form. They said that we should be receiving a financial aid package sometime today or by the end of this week and we don't need to worry about completing the work study referral form at this time. Keeping fingers crossed as well.

I'm debating if I should do the summer sessions and get a few units out of the way. It is 20-22 units per semester. I'm concerned I'll be too busy studying and not have enough time to network, attend campus/corporate events, etc. The problem is it gets more expensive (for summer housing and summer tuition).

What are your thoughts? For those already in or have graduated from the one year MPH, how was the course load during the academic year?

I also just received my fin aid package. I have received loans. Yay loans!

I am an international student who has just been accepted into Fall 2011 Harvard and Johns Hopkins MPH program but have no scholarship. Please advise me, is it worth taking a loan of $65k to go Harvard.

I won't be going to the summer session if I attend, just because it'll increase tuition and living expenses.

For those who have heard from Harvard's financial aid, how much did you get in loans? Did it cover it all?

Who here has decided on going?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I'm definitely going. Look forward to meeting you all this fall!

Members don't see this ad :)
Bumping this up so the Friday accepts can get in on the discussion. I've decided on Harvard and have received a scholarship that is more than any other school has offered me. It doesn't cover it all but it is a pretty generous one (especially compared to the other schools I applied). I'm so excited about going!

when/how did you find out about the scholarship? did it come with your acceptance email or via postal mail?

Bumping this up so the Friday accepts can get in on the discussion. I've decided on Harvard and have received a scholarship that is more than any other school has offered me. It doesn't cover it all but it is a pretty generous one (especially compared to the other schools I applied). I'm so excited about going!

got admission from Harvard SM II on march 4.
didn't get info about scholarship yet. It's supposed to be release on last Friday according to the department I applied for.
wonder how about you guys?

Has anyone applied to the Harvard SM programs for Fall/2012?

I applied for an SM program and submitted my SOPHAS app in early November. I received a confirmation from Harvard on 11/29 that they have received my application.

Does anyone happen to know the acceptance stats for the MS programs? Or how difficult they are to get into?

I applied to SM2 Epi and have just been chilling ever since. From past trends it looks like mid-February is the sweet spot for decisions.

I just re-read the confirmation email I received from Harvard. It said they will begin to send notifications end of February-end of March. But you're right, according to these threads it seems more like mid-February.. not too far off now! Good luck :)

Just received a rejection email from one of the SM tracks at Harvard....not really a shock or anything.. I'm happy with my other schools. good luck to the rest of you who applied!

Just wanted to let people know decisions have started to go out today!

Just received a rejection email from one of the SM tracks at Harvard....not really a shock or anything.. I'm happy with my other schools. good luck to the rest of you who applied!

Same as you, received rej@Harvard just miniutes ago.

not confirmed yet, but i am pretty sure i got rejected. still waiting for the rejection e-mail though.

Hi all-
I applied to the 80-credit SM in Molecular Epidemiology .. I was told on the 24th that I have been put on the waiting list ... Anyone know the likelihood of people turning down Harvard to open a spot for me?

Thanks!

P.S. Accepted at Duke for an MS-Global Health and at Yale for an MPH-Chronic Disease Epi/Global health

Hooray!
Heard last night that I got into the MPH Global Health concentration for the coming year - AND got the Frank Knox fellowship to cover fees and living costs. How exciting!
I hope to see some of you over there!

:)

I was accepted into the SM Global Health and Population yesterday and received my financial aid package from the OSFS this morning. Full tuition grant for the first year! Very surprised.

Last edited: