Happy and Sad ... my oat scores ...

amoura04

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Soooo I just took the OAT today. I am very pleased with all my scores but i apparently screwed up big time on the reading comp part :(. I was getting mid 300 range on the oat achiever. I guess I just got too nervous. Here are my scores ... do you think I stand a chance at schools ??? Is the RC waited that heavily? I'm hoping they are willing to overlook that if my gpa is at a 3.5 and all my other scores are fine

QR:340
Bio: 350
GChem: 340
OChem: 390
Physics: 350
Reading: 230

Total Science: 370
Academic Avg: 330

By the way, for those of you who'd like to know how i studied. I used the Kaplan DAT review book and MCAT physics to review all the sciences. But what really helped the most was the practice questions in the OAT DESTROYER. I definetely recommend it. The questions were very related to the kinds of q's you'll see on the oat and they cover most of the subject matter.

Members don't see this ad.

I'll tell you what I have told others. I would call the schools you are interested in and ask them if your RC score is going to be a problem. I know some schools don't like an RC below 300.

Yes, the RC is weighted pretty heavily from what I understand. I still can't figure out why so many people do so poorly on it. Read the questions first, then look for the answers. No problem.

Heyyyyy guys!!

So I just wanted to share some good news. So I no longer need to take the OAT again I just got accepted to PCO !! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
That's great news! I didn't know that optometry school would accept anyone without having to take the OAT. I'm very surprised, but congratulations to you. Do you mind sharing your GPA and all other things you did that made PCO accept you without taking the OAT?

That's great news! I didn't know that optometry school would accept anyone without having to take the OAT. I'm very surprised, but congratulations to you. Do you mind sharing your GPA and all other things you did that made PCO accept you without taking the OAT?

Wooops! sorry, I just edited my thread...I meant I no longer have to take it again. The first time I took it I did well except did poorly on the RC section as stated on my first post of this thread. I was afraid no optometry school would take me cuz of that, but I guess my other other stats were able to back me up :)

:laugh: Thanks for the clarification. I was a bit confused there. Do you still have your OAT destroyer book? If yes, I would like to buy it from you.