Had to Apply Late

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Popey

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello scholars,
I'm sort of afraid at the moment because my stats are quite average as well as average DAT scores. I had to apply late (Aug. 30) due to letters of rec and DAT. I applied to 21 schools and I do have a very strong personal statement (lived in Africa for 7 years / improved parents village with uncle who ran for mayor), hopefully I can still receive some acceptances. URM here (no negative comments please)
Does anyone know if URMs are competing in their own pool or is everyone competing for the same seats? In terms of Dental school.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello scholars,
I'm sort of afraid at the moment because my stats are quite average as well as average DAT scores. I had to apply late (Aug. 30) due to letters of rec and DAT. I applied to 21 schools and I do have a very strong personal statement (lived in Africa for 7 years / improved parents village with uncle who ran for mayor), hopefully I can still receive some acceptances. URM here (no negative comments please)
Does anyone know if URMs are competing in their own pool or is everyone competing for the same seats? In terms of Dental school.

You won't see many negative comments here, man. It's mostly URMs who come through this forum.

I honestly don't know much about dental school, but I can tell you that there are never any "reserved" seats for minority applicants i.e. you're competing against everyone else. All being a URM does is give some people with some lower stats a shot to get to the interview phase. Once you get there, it's going to be up to you to make your case.

Good luck with everything and hopefully some pre-dents will come by and give some advice.

thanks man, i'm not gonna sweat it till around december. I applied to a nice amount of schools with large amounts of OOS seats. Never noticed this section of the forums, feels like home :D