GWU - International Health/Health Policy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LetGo of TheEgo

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you have opinions about these concentrations at GWU's School of Public Health and Health Services please share them in this thread. I havent met with the admissions staff but plan to shortly and I honestly dont know which questions to ask so I thought an open discussion would be better than nothing.

Members don't see this ad.

well post a direct link to the program so ppl can look at it :D

I've done 15 units at GW and I'd avoid them if you have other options. They're one of the most expensive schools in the country, but that cost didn't translate into a better "product", at least for me.

One teacher I worked with was great, but the program I was in was disorganized and some of the teaching was pretty bad.

Hopkins is almost undisputed as the leader in International Health-emphasis MPH programs, and is right nearby GW. I'd highly recommend them based on numerous friends who have completed their IH program.

BTW - I left GW with great grades. I'm not some lazy slacker that didn't like the work. They just really aren't worth the money (especially considering the IM field - NOT a lucrative one).