GW vs BU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

girlinthegarden

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find a similar thread, so I wanted to get some opinions to make sure that I wasn't overlooking or missing any details. I'm very torn between GW and BU, maybe slightly leaning towards BU. I'm already established in Boston, but moving to DC might be fun so the location is a toss up. Any thoughts offhand? I got the impression that GW has a VERY collaborative environment (a very important factor for me), and I'm not sure what it is exactly like at BU.

The other thing is that I might choose to go to peds, and GW is affiliated with Children's National Medical Center. I know it's not a great point to get hung up on, but would this affiliation give me a slightly better edge (in terms of opportunity to do clinical peds research)? It's a big thing that I'm torn about right now.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I couldn't find a similar thread, so I wanted to get some opinions to make sure that I wasn't overlooking or missing any details. I'm very torn between GW and BU, maybe slightly leaning towards BU. I'm already established in Boston, but moving to DC might be fun so the location is a toss up. Any thoughts offhand? I got the impression that GW has a VERY collaborative environment (a very important factor for me), and I'm not sure what it is exactly like at BU.

The other thing is that I might choose to go to peds, and GW is affiliated with Children's National Medical Center. I know it's not a great point to get hung up on, but would this affiliation give me a slightly better edge (in terms of opportunity to do clinical peds research)? It's a big thing that I'm torn about right now.

Thanks in advance!

I grew up in DC and I go to BU (third year). Love BU and Boston!!! Got accepted at Georgetown and didn't even think twice about going there over BU.

DC isn't that much fun, despite what people tell you.

And I had a fantastic peds rotation at BMC! Any other questions about BU, feel free to PM me.

Good luck!! You can't go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.