Guardant 360 coming for your jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WEBB PINKERTON

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Members don't see this ad :)
One thing is for sure, we need to keep overproducing pathologists and ignore what is on the horizon. :whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Yawn.

Not sure what the fuss is here. This test does not replace the pathologist in rendering the diagnosis. It demonstrates it can make similar calls to solid tumor NGS/Sanger based testing. you still need a Dx of NSCLC or whatever. This is NOT a screening test for cancer.

Reactions: 2 users
Yawn.

Not sure what the fuss is here. This test does not replace the pathologist in rendering the diagnosis. It demonstrates it can make similar calls to solid tumor NGS/Sanger based testing. you still need a Dx of NSCLC or whatever. This is NOT a screening test for cancer.

This test certainly isn't a screening tool, but it does beg the question when will we have a pan-cancer blood screening test? Given the interest in the liquid biopsy, I bet we'll see something in the next 10 years.

Guardant is already leading to less repeat biopsies in our practice. Even Veracyt percepta is being used here in the hills and costing us some cases. I only see this technology continuing to chip away at what we do. Let's see AI increasing efficiency AND less biopsies being performed. Sounds eerily similar to what we have seen happen to cytopathology in the last decade. That field is on life support.

Reactions: 1 user
This test certainly isn't a screening tool, but it does beg the question when will we have a pan-cancer blood screening test? Given the interest in the liquid biopsy, I bet we'll see something in the next 10 years.

They already exist. However they have not yet demonstrated clinical validity because you have to sample healthy populations and wait long enough for some to get cancer, even though you have already detected microscopic cancer floating around.

Reactions: 2 users