Coursework & Fieldwork Gross Anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SamPaigeM

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I was accepted into a program that does not offer gross anatomy as a course. I am aware that some programs do offer this as a course while others do not. The school is fairly ranked and I am highly interested in the program. I wanted to see what everyone’s opinion is about this.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I was accepted into a program that does not offer gross anatomy as a course. I am aware that some programs do offer this as a course while others do not. The school is fairly ranked and I am highly interested in the program. I wanted to see what everyone’s opinion is about this.
I would think that the information would then be supplementary to other courses since you need the information for things like kinesiology, goniometry, manual muscle testing, etc. We took gross anatomy in the summer semester of year 1, then kinesiology (biomechanics) in the fall which just builds on the knowledge of anatomical landmarks, muscle locations, and muscle actions learned in gross anatomy.

I think that's pretty surprising it doesn't have that course. Every single class I've had since anatomy during the 1st semester has been enhanced by what we learned in anatomy. Especially kinesiology and neuroscience. If we didn't take anatomy I don't know how I would have known almost anything in those 2 super hard classes