Griffith University 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm currently looking for an apartment to rent in Southport as I'm coming down with my wife and living on campus won't be possible, but trying to rent a place is difficult because they always want you to inspect it first, plus they usually only rent 2-4 weeks in advance so everyone I've emailed responded it's too early still and to check back in December

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently looking for an apartment to rent in Southport as I'm coming down with my wife and living on campus won't be possible, but trying to rent a place is difficult because they always want you to inspect it first, plus they usually only rent 2-4 weeks in advance so everyone I've emailed responded it's too early still and to check back in December

Thanks. I will start looking slightly later then. When are you guys arriving to Gold Coast? I am thinking if Jan 10th would be a bit late.

I leave Canada in January on the 8th and get there on the 10th... I've already booked my ticket but I think it might be safer to get there a little earlier

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! First time poster - headed to Griffith in Jan too, just got a last minute admission. Nice to know there's a bunch coming from Canada! I'm from Vancouver, and would love to meet up with anyone else from the area before going.
Also, I'm looking for shared accommodation too - is anyone else still looking for roommates?
Would be nice to room with a classmate rather than some random kid out of high school..

@Guilmon Not sure when I'll be arriving yet, but am planning to come around 10th too.

Super stoked.

How did you guys find your accommodation? How much is it to live in the University Village? I think i saw it cost around 245/wk... does this include utilities+wifi?

Looks like ~$277 AUD per week, utilities included, but wifi not included at University Village.

Hey everyone! First time poster - headed to Griffith in Jan too, just got a last minute admission. Nice to know there's a bunch coming from Canada! I'm from Vancouver, and would love to meet up with anyone else from the area before going.
Also, I'm looking for shared accommodation too - is anyone else still looking for roommates?
Would be nice to room with a classmate rather than some random kid out of high school..

@Guilmon Not sure when I'll be arriving yet, but am planning to come around 10th too.

Super stoked.

I agree, and I'm definitely looking for roommates at the moment. I'll PM you.

Also, is there anybody else here who had to submit their visa application by post here (send it to Ottawa for example)? How long did it take you to get your visa?