Green Card/ US citizen, great, must read this (from the IMG site)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

famresident

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Posted By wqy386 - 10/09/09 15:36

There is a federal law that require not qualified aliens (including J visa or H visa) can not receive the federal public benefits which include the professional license. Green card holders are qualified aliens to receive the professional license, medical license.

Read the following:
8 USC 1611. Aliens who are not qualified aliens ineligible for Federal public benefits
Aliens who are not qualified aliens ineligible for Federal public benefits. If you're not qualified, you may not receive "any grant, contract, loan, professional license, or commercial license provided by an agency of the United States or by appropriated funds of the United States," nor "any retirement, welfare, health, disability, public or assisted housing, post-secondary education, food assistance, unemployment benefit, or any other similar benefit for which payments or assistance are provided to an individual, household, or family eligibility unit by an agency of the United States or by appropriated funds of the United States." There are exceptions for things like "short-term, non-cash, in-kind emergency disaster relief" and "public health assistance."

8 USC 1641. Definitions (of "qualified alien")
The definitions here determine which aliens qualify for public benefits at the federal, state, and local levels. Naturally, legal permanent residents (i.e. "green card holders") are eligible. So are refugees and those who enter illegally yet are subsequently granted asylum. And, for example, 1641(c)(2) shows that, if you're here illegally but your child has been battered or abused by someone else in your household, you may qualify for public benefits!

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode08/usc_sec_08_00001611--...--000-.html

Go to goole www.google.com then put in Federal law, 8 U.S.C. § 1641 or Federal law, 8 U.S.C. § 1611, you will find a lot of information.

J visa and H visa , of course, are not qualified aliens. So they can not receive the medical license which is the professional license. J visa and H visa can not receive the federal public benefits. J visa and H visa holders can not receive any medical license. I ask the lawyer, and he verifys this.

This is America, every one have to follow the law. Email, call, talk with the state license board, they should add the requirement " US citizen and Green card holder" to their original medical license requirement in next few weeks. Every one has to follow the law. The NBME once did not allow the test taker to bring the breast pump into the test center, then they get sued. After that, they change their rule. If you do not follow the law, you will get sued, including NBME and state board medical license.

If you do not agree this federal law and do not want to follow it, leave your name here or I will check your IP address and give this information to U.S department of homeland security. If you do not want to follow the American law, you can not stay in U.S.A , no matter how much you score in usmle.

This is the link to the contact information of state board medical license
http://www.fsmb.org/usmle_eliinitial.html

The Arizona state board of nursing has followed this law and write it on their website. Read this: http://www.azbn.gov/News.aspx?ID=71 The PDF form (Statement of Citizenship and Alien Status Form) in this website show the green card holders are qualified aliens who can receive the professional license.

We should ask the federal and state board medical license to write "require documentation of citizenship or legal permanent resident for licensure" on their website in next few weeks. Just like the Arizona State Board of Nursing. This is the law, they have to follow it. No one can break the law, otherwise they will get sued.

Every state also has the law to enforce this federal law. Contact lawyer, senate and law agency in your state to find the state law to enforce this federal law. The number of Arizona state law about this is A.R.S. § 1-501.

Let's united together, send the email to all the state board license, call them, visit them, talk with the senator, judge and the house of representatives, state governors in your state, contact president Obama. Tell them this federal law and let them make more laws to emphasize these not qualified aliens ( J and H visa holders) can not receive the medical license, professional license, that is the part of the public federal benefits.

Contact the lawyers, let them tell the federal and state board of medical license to change their rules in order to follow the federal law, state law. The federal and state board of medical license has to follow the federal law, if they do not follow the federal law, they will get sued. Go to the court, let judge tell board of medical license to follow the federal law.

Post this on all the forums about usmle. It does not matter if you are in residency or not, because you do not want these unqualified aliens (J and H visa holders) to take away your fellowship and residency positions. If visa holders do not have the license, they can not apply for the fellowship position.

The information about the senator
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?State=MI
The information about the governor of your state, go to http:// www.firstgov.gov and select the state government link.
The contact information about the house of representatives in your area is here:
https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml
Send this to [email protected]

Law is on our sides.
Send this information to the public news, the newspapers, the TV news. NBC news, ABC news, Fox news, New York Times, Washington Post, etc. Use google search engine to find the contact information of them. www.google.com
Contact the NBC news: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10285339/
Contact the ABC news: http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3068843
Questions can also be submitted via regular mail or by phone to:ABC, Inc. 500 S. Buena Vista Street Burbank, CA 91521-4551 (818) 460-7477
*utilize ABC's nationwide affiliate map to contact your local station

After all states follow the law, program director will not be happy to offer J or H visa because they can not even write a prescription.

Send this message to all the residency program directors, tell them it is illegal to offer any temporary or original medical license to the J, H visa holders and the state board of medical license will have to follow the Federal law, 8 U.S.C. § 1641, and state law.

Please also read this: http://www.nrmp.org/data/advancedatatables2009.pdf page 4
This is the fifth consecutive year there has been an increase in the number of U.S. citizens who graduated from international medical schools who did not match for a medical residency. There are 1771 US citizen IMG not matched. And I also believe that there are many Qualified Permanent Resident Doctors who left without obtaining a training position. There are 2356 American Students and graduates not matched. At the same time, the J visa and H visa take away more than four thousands of spots. We have to depend on the law to stop this.

All the unmatched U.S citizen and green card holder need to make a strong union. Please send the following message and visit, talk with the national residency match program.
The contact information is here http://www.nrmp.org/contact.html

Dear National Residency Match Program:

I wish to give my email address to all unmatched U.S citizen and all unmatched U.S permanent resident card holder in 2009 match. We want to contact and help each other. Please do not give my email address to any other applicants. At the same time, I want to get a list which contain all the email address of the all unmatched U.S citizen and all unmatched U.S permanent resident card holder in 2009 match.

Please send my email address to all unmatched U.S citizen and all unmatched U.S permanent resident card holder in 2009 match, not any other applicants. These unmatched U.S citizen and unmatched U.S permanent resident card holders can be American students, International students, American Graduates, American Graduates. They must be unmatched and U.S citizen or permanent resident.

National residency program, could you please send the email to all unmatched U.S citizen and all unmatched U.S permanent resident card holder in 2009 match, ask them if they want to give their email address to all unmatched U.S citizen and all unmatched U.S permanent resident card holder in 2009 match and want to get a list which contain all the email address of the all unmatched U.S citizen and all unmatched U.S permanent resident card holder in 2009 match?

I am willing to pay any fee associated with this service.
Thanks a lot.

Your Name

All the unmatched U.S citizen and U.S permanent resident card holders, after we get each other's email address, then we can contact each other. Let us parade in front of the white house, the capital building, the Federal Board of Medical License, the State Board of Medical License, etc. We need let them know the following article. Let them make more laws to protect the American People. Let the federal and state board of medical license change their rules in order to follow the federal law. .

Then we can build our forum, use the email address of the unmatched U.S citizen and U.S permanent resident card holder as the user word to go inside this forum. So we will not be discouraged by these not qualified aliens (J or H visa holders). Only the unmatched U.S citizen and U.S permanent resident card holder can go inside this forum, so we can make a plan.

At the beginning, the American Surgeon did the total breast radical mastectomy to all the woman with breast cancer, while Europe do the breast conserving therapy with radiotherapy. One day, three thousand women paraded in front of the capital and white house. The second day after this, the congress give million dollars to NIH to do research on modified radical mastectomy. Now the modified radical mastectomy replaced the total breast radical mastectomy in most cases. So woman can keep some of their breast. These woman succeed because they make a strong union. The strength of one people is limited, the strength of a strong union is unlimited.

We are American, we need to protect our country, protect our people. United , we stay together.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
By

ramo28 - 10/09/09 17:36 Hi all
I agree with totally with you America is your country, and you have the priority here , not because you are american , but i know that you pay tax here , A week ago i was with a american fellow he told me that if you want to study medicine you need to pay 200000 us$
and of course you need a loan and you should pay for that loan. as foriegn we should respect the law here. and we should respect this point that the priority here for US citizen.
so I understand your feeling, but remember that immigrants contribute to build your coutnry

for me if I am program director if i have to candiidates the first is citizen and the second is immigrant and they were similar Iwill take the citizen, but if I know that is citizen is un qualified and immigrant is qualified I will take the immigrant, because I need qualifed candidate for my hospital how will eventually build the country more. i think that the secret of america success was the immigration and the democracy and natural sources.
i think your feeling is kind of nationlism and i feel. for me i do not need your space, but i need space neer you.

best luck for all

By wqy386 - 10/09/09 15:36

There is a federal law that require not qualified aliens (including J visa or H visa) can not receive the federal public benefits which include the professional license. Green card holders are qualified aliens to receive the professional license, medical license.

Read the following:
8 USC 1611. Aliens who are not qualified aliens ineligible for Federal public benefits
Aliens who are not qualified aliens ineligible for Federal public benefits. If you're not qualified, you may not receive "any grant, contract, loan, professional license, or commercial license provided by an agency of the United States or by appropriated funds of the United States," nor "any retirement, welfare, health, disability, public or assisted housing, post-secondary education, food assistance, unemployment benefit, or any other similar benefit for which payments or assistance are provided to an individual, household, or family eligibility unit by an agency of the United States or by appropriated funds of the United States." There are exceptions for things like "short-term, non-cash, in-kind emergency disaster relief" and "public health assistance."

8 USC 1641. Definitions (of "qualified alien")
The definitions here determine which aliens qualify for public benefits at the federal, state, and local levels. Naturally, legal permanent residents (i.e. "green card holders") are eligible. So are refugees and those who enter illegally yet are subsequently granted asylum. And, for example, 1641(c)(2) shows that, if you're here illegally but your child has been battered or abused by someone else in your household, you may qualify for public benefits!

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode08/usc_sec_08_00001611--...--000-.html

Go to goole www.google.com then put in Federal law, 8 U.S.C. § 1641 or Federal law, 8 U.S.C. § 1611, you will find a lot of information.

J visa and H visa , of course, are not qualified aliens. So they can not receive the medical license which is the professional license. J visa and H visa can not receive the federal public benefits. J visa and H visa holders can not receive any medical license. I ask the lawyer, and he verifys this.

This is America, every one have to follow the law. Email, call, talk with the state license board, they should add the requirement " US citizen and Green card holder" to their original medical license requirement in next few weeks. Every one has to follow the law. The NBME once did not allow the test taker to bring the breast pump into the test center, then they get sued. After that, they change their rule. If you do not follow the law, you will get sued, including NBME and state board medical license.

If you do not agree this federal law and do not want to follow it, leave your name here or I will check your IP address and give this information to U.S department of homeland security. If you do not want to follow the American law, you can not stay in U.S.A , no matter how much you score in usmle.

This is the link to the contact information of state board medical license
http://www.fsmb.org/usmle_eliinitial.html

The Arizona state board of nursing has followed this law and write it on their website. Read this: http://www.azbn.gov/News.aspx?ID=71 The PDF form (Statement of Citizenship and Alien Status Form) in this website show the green card holders are qualified aliens who can receive the professional license.

We should ask the federal and state board medical license to write "require documentation of citizenship or legal permanent resident for licensure" on their website in next few weeks. Just like the Arizona State Board of Nursing. This is the law, they have to follow it. No one can break the law, otherwise they will get sued.

Every state also has the law to enforce this federal law. Contact lawyer, senate and law agency in your state to find the state law to enforce this federal law. The number of Arizona state law about this is A.R.S. § 1-501.

Let's united together, send the email to all the state board license, call them, visit them, talk with the senator, judge and the house of representatives, state governors in your state, contact president Obama. Tell them this federal law and let them make more laws to emphasize these not qualified aliens ( J and H visa holders) can not receive the medical license, professional license, that is the part of the public federal benefits.

Contact the lawyers, let them tell the federal and state board of medical license to change their rules in order to follow the federal law, state law. The federal and state board of medical license has to follow the federal law, if they do not follow the federal law, they will get sued. Go to the court, let judge tell board of medical license to follow the federal law.

Post this on all the forums about usmle. It does not matter if you are in residency or not, because you do not want these unqualified aliens (J and H visa holders) to take away your fellowship and residency positions. If visa holders do not have the license, they can not apply for the fellowship position.

The information about the senator
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?State=MI
The information about the governor of your state, go to http:// www.firstgov.gov and select the state government link.
The contact information about the house of representatives in your area is here:
https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml
Send this to [email protected]

Law is on our sides.
Send this information to the public news, the newspapers, the TV news. NBC news, ABC news, Fox news, New York Times, Washington Post, etc. Use google search engine to find the contact information of them. www.google.com
Contact the NBC news: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10285339/
Contact the ABC news: http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3068843
Questions can also be submitted via regular mail or by phone to:ABC, Inc. 500 S. Buena Vista Street Burbank, CA 91521-4551 (818) 460-7477
*utilize ABC's nationwide affiliate map to contact your local station

After all states follow the law, program director will not be happy to offer J or H visa because they can not even write a prescription.

Send this message to all the residency program directors, tell them it is illegal to offer any temporary or original medical license to the J, H visa holders and the state board of medical license will have to follow the Federal law, 8 U.S.C. § 1641, and state law.

Please also read this: http://www.nrmp.org/data/advancedatatables2009.pdf page 4
This is the fifth consecutive year there has been an increase in the number of U.S. citizens who graduated from international medical schools who did not match for a medical residency. There are 1771 US citizen IMG not matched. And I also believe that there are many Qualified Permanent Resident Doctors who left without obtaining a training position. There are 2356 American Students and graduates not matched. At the same time, the J visa and H visa take away more than four thousands of spots. We have to depend on the law to stop this.

All the unmatched U.S citizen and green card holder need to make a strong union. Please send the following message and visit, talk with the national residency match program.
The contact information is here http://www.nrmp.org/contact.html

Dear National Residency Match Program:

I wish to give my email address to all unmatched U.S citizen and all unmatched U.S permanent resident card holder in 2009 match. We want to contact and help each other. Please do not give my email address to any other applicants. At the same time, I want to get a list which contain all the email address of the all unmatched U.S citizen and all unmatched U.S permanent resident card holder in 2009 match.

Please send my email address to all unmatched U.S citizen and all unmatched U.S permanent resident card holder in 2009 match, not any other applicants. These unmatched U.S citizen and unmatched U.S permanent resident card holders can be American students, International students, American Graduates, American Graduates. They must be unmatched and U.S citizen or permanent resident.

National residency program, could you please send the email to all unmatched U.S citizen and all unmatched U.S permanent resident card holder in 2009 match, ask them if they want to give their email address to all unmatched U.S citizen and all unmatched U.S permanent resident card holder in 2009 match and want to get a list which contain all the email address of the all unmatched U.S citizen and all unmatched U.S permanent resident card holder in 2009 match?

I am willing to pay any fee associated with this service.
Thanks a lot.

Your Name

All the unmatched U.S citizen and U.S permanent resident card holders, after we get each other’s email address, then we can contact each other. Let us parade in front of the white house, the capital building, the Federal Board of Medical License, the State Board of Medical License, etc. We need let them know the following article. Let them make more laws to protect the American People. Let the federal and state board of medical license change their rules in order to follow the federal law. .

Then we can build our forum, use the email address of the unmatched U.S citizen and U.S permanent resident card holder as the user word to go inside this forum. So we will not be discouraged by these not qualified aliens (J or H visa holders). Only the unmatched U.S citizen and U.S permanent resident card holder can go inside this forum, so we can make a plan.

At the beginning, the American Surgeon did the total breast radical mastectomy to all the woman with breast cancer, while Europe do the breast conserving therapy with radiotherapy. One day, three thousand women paraded in front of the capital and white house. The second day after this, the congress give million dollars to NIH to do research on modified radical mastectomy. Now the modified radical mastectomy replaced the total breast radical mastectomy in most cases. So woman can keep some of their breast. These woman succeed because they make a strong union. The strength of one people is limited, the strength of a strong union is unlimited.

We are American, we need to protect our country, protect our people. United , we stay together.

that is the most racist/bigot thing i have heard in a LONG time, especially not expected from a future doctor.

you want to cut down on the foreign grads who are willing to go to places like idaho and work as family doctors at pretty much minimum cost!? thats how much a FP is making these days. 150 K for saving lives and putting up with un-insured trashy patients, all on medicaid who have the audacity to turn back and sue the doc.

america should not be threatened by this, but welcome the interest of foreign qualified grads. who else will take up Family practise?
btw, the residencies in FP and peds go unfilled.

yes, it sucks that american grads pay 200k for their education, but lets blame our government for that, not the foreign grads who spend riduculous amounts of money by their own standards to come to U.S., travel, interview, and adjust to the life here.

and oh, i am an american citizen.

Members don't see this ad :)
neutro, the point is that there are a few US citizens (mostly IMGs (who are mostly Caribbean grads) but a few AMGs too) who aren't able to match. This is due to at least some degree to the ultracompetitiveness caused by the huge numbers of noncitizen applicants, even in FP, which many IMGs would happily go into if they could.

They feel that they're being "bumped off" by foreigners and that American jobs should go to Americans.

you have to be a PRETTY HORRIBLE applicant to not match into FP if you are an AMG.

i mean if you fail your steps 2 times, then im sorry, the indian doctor who got triple 99s DESERVES to take that family practise spot from you.

coz at the end of the day, you want THE BEST DOCTOR (not american or IMG) treating AMERICAN patients.

you have to be a PRETTY HORRIBLE applicant to not match into FP if you are an AMG.

Those AMGs probably applied to more competitive specialties or to too few.

i mean if you fail your steps 2 times, then im sorry, the indian doctor who got triple 99s DESERVES to take that family practise spot from you.

coz at the end of the day, you want THE BEST DOCTOR (not american or IMG) treating AMERICAN patients.

This is a very controversial point. A person who was born here, grew up here, was educated here, and paid taxes here should have his spot taken by somebody who just got off the boat?

Passing after failing is still passing. The boards were never meant to be used to rank candidates.

This is a very controversial point. A person who was born here, grew up here, was educated here, and paid taxes here should have his spot taken by somebody who just got off the boat?

Passing after failing is still passing. The boards were never meant to be used to rank candidates.
ofcourse not. but usmle do infact level the playing field, and they ARE great exams. they, at minimum evaluare and encompass what a physician should be: stamina, quick thinking, hardwork, communication skills, and a lot of other things. if you cant do well on the USMLEs, which has a tried and tested formula of doing practise qns...how do you expect to do well as a physician and meet every day challenges?

i definitely agree that there should be a margin of fairness between a U.S. applicant and an IMG. So even if a U.S. applicant is NOT that great, he should get the benefit of the doubt and get that residency position as long as it is reasonable.

but if the IMG is CLEARLY and well beyond the U.S. applicant in terms of MERIT, then its NOT fair to him.
how is it HIS fault that he was born to parents in a different country while you and I were born or raised or moved early enough to establish permanent residence or citizenship?

a country which does NOT value merit and equality in education is doomed for failure.

ofcourse not. but usmle do infact level the playing field, and they ARE great exams. they, at minimum evaluare and encompass what a physician should be: stamina, quick thinking, hardwork, communication skills, and a lot of other things. if you cant do well on the USMLEs, which has a tried and tested formula of doing practise qns...how do you expect to do well as a physician and meet every day challenges?

As I said, passing is passing (indicating stamina, quick thinking, etc.).

Now, once a person has passed, how do you define "doing well"? Many programs require a score of 80. Why? Did they do studies showing that scoring below 80 correlates with being a poor physician (despite being a passing score officially)? Or is it just a nice round number for using as a cut-off? Or does it quickly and easily weed out a whole lot of applicants?

I suspect it's a combination of the latter 2 reasons, making it an arbitrary number.

But that's life. If they really want the exams not to be used for ranking, they shouldn't give scores (percentiles, actually) at all. It should simply be pass or fail.