Graduate students in the mental Health field needed for a study on Cultural Ruptures- Opportunity to win an Amazon gift card!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Emma Porter

Reaction score
My name is Emma Porter, and I am currently a doctoral student in the Counseling Psychology Department at the University of Denver. I am writing to invite you to participate in my research study about cultural processes in therapy. You are eligible to be in this study if you self-identify as white/Caucasian and if you are currently enrolled in a graduate-level program in the mental health field (psychology, counseling, social work, marriage and family therapy, clinical mental health counseling, school counseling).

If you decide to participate in the study, you will be asked to respond to several surveys. You will also be asked to watch short video vignettes that portray counseling scenarios, and you will be asked to record yourself on a webcam responding to those vignettes. Your contribution to this study can help advance our understanding of multicultural counseling and multicultural training in the psychotherapy field! Upon completion of the study, you will be eligible to enter a lottery to receive $30 Amazon Gift Card. A total of 5 Amazon gift cards will be distributed. Instructions on how to enter the lottery will be included at the conclusion of the study.

Remember, this is completely voluntary. You can choose to be in the study or not. If you’d like to participate please email me at [email protected] and the study link and instructions will be sent to you. Also please contact me via email if you have any questions about the study. You may also contact my faculty sponsor: Jesse Owen, Ph.D. [email protected]. We are eligible to collect data until December 2020.

Thank you so much,

Emma Porter

Counseling Psychology Department

University of Denver

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• IRB Approval_EPorter.pdf
    84.4 KB · Views: 87
Would love to participate in this study, is there a link that I can use to participate?