grade replacement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@vilraj that's what I thought, so I called and they told me I entered it in correctly because on the official transcript it lists it as 2 credits attempted. They said there was no way of changing it :/

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

So I am trying to retake a my ochem series (3 quarters), which were 3 units for the lecture (9 units total). If the lectures at the city college I'm planning on attending are 2 semesters at 4 units each (8 units total) would I be able to replace my ochem grades on the AACOMAS application?

Thanks!

Ok not sure if anyone else is having this issue yet since it is just Sept. 1st, but the Academic update right now won't let you do grade replacement

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my grades fixed today! Woohoo!! Finally!

Wait, Forensic Sciences are considered in the sGPA now?? Is this new or did I miss something last year?? I feel like this is going to be particularly stressful for me. I have a Bachelors Degree in Biological Anthropology, a Masters Degree in Forensic Science, and a Post BACC with BIO 1 & 2 retakes that don't match up to the undergrad titles on my transcripts, lol..

My masters Forensic Science courses, an Astronomy class and any of my Anthropology courses with a bio/brain/primate/ or Anatomy focus will be included in my sGPA as of now?

Wait, Forensic Sciences are considered in the sGPA now?? Is this new or did I miss something last year?? I feel like this is going to be particularly stressful for me. I have a Bachelors Degree in Biological Anthropology, a Masters Degree in Forensic Science, and a Post BACC with BIO 1 & 2 retakes that don't match up to the undergrad titles on my transcripts, lol..

My masters Forensic Science courses, an Astronomy class and any of my Anthropology courses with a bio/brain/primate/ or Anatomy focus will be included in my sGPA as of now?

Graduate courses are their own GPA.

Hey guys,

would like to ask you guys a question about grade replacement. If i am retaking a genetics class at my local university, the course name is BiolXXX-genetics. In my old university, the genetics class was GENOMEXXX-introductory genetics. Would I be able to replace the genetics class? My local uni doesn't have a genetics department so genetics is under biology and my old uni did have their own genetics department so it was under a different prefix. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Hey guys,

would like to ask you guys a question about grade replacement. If i am retaking a genetics class at my local university, the course name is BiolXXX-genetics. In my old university, the genetics class was GENOMEXXX-introductory genetics. Would I be able to replace the genetics class? My local uni doesn't have a genetics department so genetics is under biology and my old uni did have their own genetics department so it was under a different prefix. Any help is appreciated, thank you.
Should be fine as long as credits are equal or greater in retake. Course description needs to be similar as well. Prepare to have to deal with AACOMAS though once your app isn't verified first time around bc of tricky situation with course titles. Cheers.

Should be fine as long as credits are equal or greater in retake. Course description needs to be similar as well. Prepare to have to deal with AACOMAS though once your app isn't verified first time around bc of tricky situation with course titles. Cheers.

I think they are pretty similar, if you don't mind, can you take a look at the course description for me and see if my judgement is correct? I can PM you the course descriptions if you like. Thank you

I think they are pretty similar, if you don't mind, can you take a look at the course description for me and see if my judgement is correct? I can PM you the course descriptions if you like. Thank you
Go ahead. Just copy and paste in this thread. You can also call AACOMAS and see what the people upstairs say.

Go ahead. Just copy and paste in this thread. You can also call AACOMAS and see what the people upstairs say.

This is the new course i'm using as the retake:
This course provides students with a foundational understanding of genetics. First, students will learn to analyze patterns of Mendelian inheritance. Then, they will develop molecular explanations for these patterns and understandings of how gene genes are defined and identified. They will also learn how variations in inheritance patterns arise, using analytical and statistical tools to distinguish between variations on inheritance patterns and to analyze quantitative traits. Then, students will focus in on the nucleus to examine the structure, organization, packaging, and inheritance of chromosomes. They will consider the consequences of genetic recombination on inheritance patterns and for genetic mapping. They will zoom in even further to examine the molecular details of genetic processes: the regulation of gene expression, the basis of mutation and recombination, and the movement of transposable elements. With this background, they will consider the contributions of genome projects to genetics. Finally, students will zoom out to the level of populations and analyze the genetic structure of populations and the contribution of genetics to evolution.

This is my old course:
Covers gene transmission, including chromosome mapping, genetic pathways; mutational analysis of biological processes emphasizing mutations affecting chromosome transmission. Introduction to genomics - cloning and sequence analysis of whole genomes. Emphasizes formal genetic mechanisms, molecular techniques.

Sorry for the wall of text, and appreciate all your help.

This is the new course i'm using as the retake:
This course provides students with a foundational understanding of genetics. First, students will learn to analyze patterns of Mendelian inheritance. Then, they will develop molecular explanations for these patterns and understandings of how gene genes are defined and identified. They will also learn how variations in inheritance patterns arise, using analytical and statistical tools to distinguish between variations on inheritance patterns and to analyze quantitative traits. Then, students will focus in on the nucleus to examine the structure, organization, packaging, and inheritance of chromosomes. They will consider the consequences of genetic recombination on inheritance patterns and for genetic mapping. They will zoom in even further to examine the molecular details of genetic processes: the regulation of gene expression, the basis of mutation and recombination, and the movement of transposable elements. With this background, they will consider the contributions of genome projects to genetics. Finally, students will zoom out to the level of populations and analyze the genetic structure of populations and the contribution of genetics to evolution.

This is my old course:
Covers gene transmission, including chromosome mapping, genetic pathways; mutational analysis of biological processes emphasizing mutations affecting chromosome transmission. Introduction to genomics - cloning and sequence analysis of whole genomes. Emphasizes formal genetic mechanisms, molecular techniques.

Sorry for the wall of text, and appreciate all your help.
Should be fine but I honestly think you will run into problems when AACOMAS see's a BIO course and GENETICS course trying to cover for each other, unless they look farther into, which for some reason I doubt they will. Talk to them.

Should be fine but I honestly think you will run into problems when AACOMAS see's a BIO course and GENETICS course trying to cover for each other, unless they look farther into, which for some reason I doubt they will. Talk to them.

Will do, thanks for all your help!!

Ok, I'm freaking out right now. Please if someone have the answer to this question, your help is greatly appreciated. I am running into the same problem as EDK, where I am retaking the same class but the the course prefix is different since they don't have their own department. Has anyone with the same problem get their grades replaced?

This is scaring me because I can't drop the class now without having a "W" mark.