grade replacement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So you did all this on the phone? I will have to call after the gym today. Were you on for long?

Yes, I did this all by phone. I think I was on hold for around 20 minutes and then was on the phone with them for about 30 including some time that the woman put me on hold to speak with a supervisor.

I just spent an hour with them on the phone with no real result. I did not put my retakes in as 0.0 credits (I left the original amount that was on the transcript and just clicked "repeated course" check box. They will not go back and change the credit hours to 0.0 even though the course names are identical.

They informed me that you enter you transcript in on the "Honor System" and they do not verify the retakes. So basically you can put whatever you want, but they wont fix a mistake afterwards. This makes no sense to me at all.

I am waiting to hear back from the verification department (for the 2nd time) on whether they will fix the issue.

If they do not plan on fixing it I am certainly going to email some of the folks in charge of AACOMAS explaining my situation and how this has basically completely skewed my GPA and essentially resulted in their verification process being useless (my application does not accurately reflect my grades and there is no mechanism to change it as this point). I realize I made a minor error during input but I expected the hundreds of dollars and 3 weeks I waited for verification to result in a correction of this error.

-Mike

That is completely ridiculous. They absolutely DID change it for me even though they said it was my mistake. If I were you I would just keep calling back at different times/on different days to try to get a different customer service rep that is amenable to your situation. I wouldn't even mention that you called before and had been denied. It seems pretty clear from my experience that making the change is at the discretion of the specific supervisor of the customer service rep that you get. Good luck and keep fighting this until they help you!!

Members don't see this ad.

The instructions said not to designate withdrawals as 0 credits, but I repeated my withdrawals. Was I supposed to designate them as 0?

Also can anyone who's verified tell me whether they have entries under the "Ver Grd" and "Ver Cred" columns in their coursework section?

Last edited:
Yes, I did this all by phone. I think I was on hold for around 20 minutes and then was on the phone with them for about 30 including some time that the woman put me on hold to speak with a supervisor.

That is completely ridiculous. They absolutely DID change it for me even though they said it was my mistake. If I were you I would just keep calling back at different times/on different days to try to get a different customer service rep that is amenable to your situation. I wouldn't even mention that you called before and had been denied. It seems pretty clear from my experience that making the change is at the discretion of the specific supervisor of the customer service rep that you get. Good luck and keep fighting this until they help you!!

Any chance you have the name of the person you spoke to? What time did you call?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just sent an email. Hopefully it gets resolved. One of the replacements was supposed to be Chem 100 - Intro Chem for Chem 111 General Chem 1. Everything checks out. They were both undergrad courses and the credit hours were equal or great.

Fingers crossed.

Reactions: 1 user
Just sent an email. Hopefully it gets resolved. One of the replacements was supposed to be Chem 100 - Intro Chem for Chem 111 General Chem 1. Everything checks out. They were both undergrad courses and the credit hours were equal or great.

Fingers crossed.

Did they respond to you by any chance? I emailed them 3 days ago with no response regarding the same issue.

Did they respond to you by any chance? I emailed them 3 days ago with no response regarding the same issue.

They have not. I will be sleeping most of the day Monday (I work night shifts), but if there's not a response by the afternoon I will be calling.

Yea so I just saw my verified GPA and my AMCAS is definitely higher but I put "0" credits for my repeated courses so I do not know HOW they screwed that one up. I just emailed them so I will see what I get.

I finally got my retakes changed to "0.0" and it was a complete pain. AACOMAS needs to train their phone staff and make their policies clear. They could also use a courtesy (although 2 out of the 6 I spoke to were friendly). I cannot overstate how much of a pain this minor correction was. If their ever is another application agency for osteopathic schools AACOMAS will go out of business in a heartbeat. They really need to get their stuff together.

@mikepremed1987 what all did you have to do? Just call them? Anything in particular you said to them?

I agree that is a pain - so much for the "new" application system.

And isn't AACOMAS just using LiasionCas? I know my friend who applied for PA school used the same application system.

I called 5+ times and sent about 8 extremely detailed emails. Ultimately, I have no idea what exactly triggered the change. Many of the times I called they simply lectured me on how to use the instructions (which is irrelevant at this point because my application was verified and locked). Obviously they cant expect every person to fill out the application with 0 errors, can they? If they expect that then whats the point of verification?

For anyone with the same issue...keep calling. They do not answer e-mails except with a pre-scripted response that links to the instructions. This is completely useless in most cases. All you need to do is get 1 person on the line that actually knows what they are doing.

Thanks!

I guess I know what I will be doing at work tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad :)
So an update - I called AACOMAS at 9:00 am this morning when they first opened. The lady I talked to was really nice and she sent me an email from her asking me to tell her what classes needed to be changed to 0.0 credits and she said she was going to talk to the verifiers. I haven't heard anything yet but I intend to call tomorrow if I do not hear anything.

For those of you who received secondaries before AACOMAS fixed your GPAs, did you call each of your schools and ask them to redownload the primary app so they can get the updated GPAs? or do they automatically get the new GPAs?

+1

So the units don't matter anymore as long as the courses are equivalent? This thread has me so confused.

For those of you who received secondaries before AACOMAS fixed your GPAs, did you call each of your schools and ask them to redownload the primary app so they can get the updated GPAs? or do they automatically get the new GPAs?

This is what I did. I First emailed each school so they have a record that they'll put in your file. Then I called them to ask if I should submit my secondaries before the grade was fixed. Some schools said "yeah submit it" and theyll put my email in my file. Other schools said to wait until the grade is fixed because once secondaries are sent, its sent to the adcom and nothing can be changed. Once my grade was fixed, I called schools again and asked them if they needed to redownload the file. Schools said that AACOMAS sends the updated application when they fix their error (so schools dont need to "Redownload" it).

Well back to square one...this is what I got:

---
Unfortunately I'm not actually seeing that you reported any of your repeated courses correctly- it appears that you reported the full credits for all attempts, and that we never made any corrections.

I also sent your email to the verification department and my supervisor and they are stating the same thing, which means, we cannot change anything to your application.
---

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Well back to square one...this is what I got:

---
Unfortunately I'm not actually seeing that you reported any of your repeated courses correctly- it appears that you reported the full credits for all attempts, and that we never made any corrections.

I also sent your email to the verification department and my supervisor and they are stating the same thing, which means, we cannot change anything to your application.
---

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

I was told the same thing. Keep calling.

I called 5+ times and sent about 8 extremely detailed emails. Ultimately, I have no idea what exactly triggered the change. Many of the times I called they simply lectured me on how to use the instructions (which is irrelevant at this point because my application was verified and locked). Obviously they cant expect every person to fill out the application with 0 errors, can they? If they expect that then whats the point of verification?

For anyone with the same issue...keep calling. They do not answer e-mails except with a pre-scripted response that links to the instructions. This is completely useless in most cases. All you need to do is get 1 person on the line that actually knows what they are doing.

Congrats on getting your grades fixed. I was told 2 days ago that the people doing the verification received my complaints and were going to utilize the information in email in order to ZERO OUT the units. However, they did not bother fixing the grades after I got verified today.

Can you please tell me who you specifically talked too. I called them multiple times and I thought I made some ground when the lady told me she was going to fix my grades.

Congrats on getting your grades fixed. I was told 2 days ago that the people doing the verification received my complaints and were going to utilize the information in email in order to ZERO OUT the units. However, they did not bother fixing the grades after I got verified today.

Can you please tell me who you specifically talked too. I called them multiple times and I thought I made some ground when the lady told me she was going to fix my grades.

I do not recall the representatives name. I would just keep calling asking to speak with a manager. I had a few tell me they were going to take care of it, but nothing changed. Eventually I must have gotten the right rep because they finally fixed the issue.

This took me about 2 weeks and many phone calls. I also really pressed the issue each time. Good luck.

Did anyone have a "transcript received" notice pop up before they got their grades fixed?

So it has been a week with no response to my email. I've been so busy with secondaries and work that I haven't bothered calling.

I think I will get on the horn after class this afternoon.

This is frustrating. They have our lives in their hands and we have no form of recourse.

Yea - I am the same way. I think I will start my daily calls next week - hopefully it is not too late. Definitely annoying.

Just called again - they said they CANNOT change it after it is verified because the schools say they cannot change them after submission. They told me just to call the schools and that I should have let them know BEFORE verification.

I told them (very professionally) that how could I know they would have made a mistake if it was correct when I submitted it. But still no movement on this. Any thoughts?

Just called again - they said they CANNOT change it after it is verified because the schools say they cannot change them after submission. They told me just to call the schools and that I should have let them know BEFORE verification.

I told them (very professionally) that how could I know they would have made a mistake if it was correct when I submitted it. But still no movement on this. Any thoughts?

Yea I've been having no luck with them either. Got an email from the verification team saying that they cannot change the grades. I called them at least 6 times already

So I was reading the instructions/policy for AACOMAS and I saw that you can argue your GPA calculation with them but you have to show them that you have tried to calculate it on your own and you need to tell them what areas are wrong...they will only do this by email so I am going to try this

yea so I called one of the schools I received a secondary from and they are like..yea we don't recalculate the GPAs when we get them for AACOMAS - time to call AACOMAS again.

yea so I called one of the schools I received a secondary from and they are like..yea we don't recalculate the GPAs when we get them for AACOMAS - time to call AACOMAS again.

Tell me how it goes! I need to work on secondaries now. Spent too many hours trying to fix this ugh.

Called them this morning and the lady was super nice and put me on hold to talk to her manager. They gave me the same answer as before but then I told her that I called one of the schools (AT Still University) and the admissions coordinator there said that they do NOT recalculate the GPAs and that I may be able to get the GPA updated via the Academic Update period. AACOMAS rep then went to say it was my fault (same ole thing again) but I told her that I was not an idiot and that I did know how to put a 0.0 and the Repeat section on the GPA and that if it were like a 100th of a point or a 1000th of a point that I would not care but the fact that it is close to 0.25 pts that it was a big deal (yea I didn't do too well my 1st two years of college some 14 years ago). Anyways, I told her that I knew it was not her fault but that this really needed to be fixed. She is going to try to get them changed for me. Hopefully this time works.

@EggRolls here is the update I got via email:

---
Good afternoon XXX

We are still currently going over your course credits in regards to 0 to full credits. We will keep you posted in regards to this matter.

Thank you for your patience
---

They just made the corrections to my classes!!!!!

I emailed them about two weeks ago and never heard anything from them. Now I just received a notification email like the one I got the first time I was verified, saying they verified all my courses against my transcripts, blah blah. When I logged in the corrections were made.

My science gpa jumped .17 points. I'm freakin pumped. Just in time for all my secondaries to go in tonight. :)

Edit*** They did follow up with an e-mail letting me know they made the changes and that they were sorry for the confusion. It sounds like maybe things got worked out over there. Hopefully other people's grades start getting updated soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
They just made the corrections to my classes!!!!!

I emailed them about two weeks ago and never heard anything from them. Now I just received a notification email like the one I got the first time I was verified, saying they verified all my courses against my transcripts, blah blah. When I logged in the corrections were made.

My science gpa jumped .17 points. I'm freakin pumped. Just in time for all my secondaries to go in tonight. :)

Edit*** They did follow up with an e-mail letting me know they made the changes and that they were sorry for the confusion. It sounds like maybe things got worked out over there. Hopefully other people's grades start getting updated soon.

Did you happen to call them by any chance?

I'm thinking they are getting things all sorted out. Things should come around for everyone else soon.

Hello Everyone, First post:

I am doing a DIY pos-bacc, repairing my poor (2.46) GPA from my electrical engineering degree. I am taking a calc 1 class to repalce my engineering calc 1 grade (C) currently. Both classes are 4 credit hours, but I just learned this morning that Math courses don't count as science in GPA calculations, while Engineering classes do. Will this affect my ability to replace my engineering calc 1 with math calc 1? I've sent an email to AACOMAS, and tried to call but I immediately get a busy message telling me to call later.

Thanks!

I am doing a DIY pos-bacc, repairing my poor (2.46) GPA from my electrical engineering degree. I am taking a calc 1 class to repalce my engineering calc 1 grade (C) currently. Both classes are 4 credit hours, but I just learned this morning that Math courses don't count as science in GPA calculations, while Engineering classes do. Will this affect my ability to replace my engineering calc 1 with math calc 1? I've sent an email to AACOMAS, and tried to call but I immediately get a busy message telling me to call later.

Thanks!

I would classify the ee cal 1 course as a math class to avoid it being thrown into the science gpa.
Make note, that math is not part of the science gpa for AACOMAS system when applying to DO schools only! If you apply MD, their system through AMCAS will include all math courses as part of the science gpa group.
The title of the course clearly indicates its purely math so you should be more than fine to submit it as a math course whenever you do your apps to DO schools in the future

Thanks!

What are the titles of the courses? With the way things are with AACOMAS I would do my absolute best to take the same course, if possible. This is especially true if they are at the same university. If they are from the same place they really want to see identical names. If from a different university I would try to get as similar a name as possible.

Honestly, most Calc 1 classes and their variants should work, but things haven't been going smoothly recently.

As far as the class affecting specific GPAs, replacing it will fix your overall GPA either way, which I think is what you're aiming for. Since they don't count math into the science GPA I don't think they would count either of them towards that GPA unless they do it under "other sciences".

Tl/dr - Try to take same class if possible. Your overall GPA will improve either way. Science GPA may or may not.

What is the consensus on sending an update to individual schools? Since my GPA changed will they be prompted to download another copy of my application? Or should I email them all.

I'm leaning towards emailing them anyway, just to get my name in front of someone's face.

now I'm confused, I entered my cell bio lab class exactly as it appears on my transcript. Then I looked at it recently and saw that there were 2.0 credits there for a W grade, and I retook it next semester for 2.0 credits again and earned an actual grade. So really, I earned a grade over 4.0 credits even though it's supposed to be 2.0 credits right? So I called AACOMAS a week ago and they said that I actually entered it right, and it would be illegal to change it anyway. But now I'm wondering if that isn't true, because my sGPA came in lower than I thought I calculated it to be

Yea I think they are looking over the GPAs since I just got an email saying to send them my classes that needed to be fixed!! Hope this works.

@Shammyguy3 so your lecture was three hours and lab was two hours??

Yea I think they are looking over the GPAs since I just got an email saying to send them my classes that needed to be fixed!! Hope this works.

@Shammyguy3 so your lecture was three hours and lab was two hours??

Yup, just for that one lab

When you guys are "looking" at the verified credits/gpa, is it in the PDF file you downloaded? Or on the AACOMAS website?

@Shammyguy3 Wait, so you had the two hour lab that was a W and then you retook it. The W should not have had any credits to it and then the new class would have the 2 credits. I think that is what you meant.

@echo87 I am looking at the PDF file that is downloaded for each school