GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UPDATE

Idk what I'm gonna do with interviews from Colorado, UNLV, and UCSF falling on the same weekend. They're all really good schools that I'd like to see, but it can't happen unless one of them grants me a reschedule or phone interview, and Colorado already said no! :bang:

Right??!!! I already committed to three interviews that weekend (Friday at NAU, Saturday at Colorado, and Monday at Regis). Just got the interview offer at UCSF for that same Friday and Saturday. Super bummer they couldn't choose some different dates for interviews this year- why'd they ALL have to be on the same weekend??! :thinking:

Which ones are you gonna go to? Have you asked UNLV or UCSF about phone interviews or rescheduling? I might contact UCSF and see if they'll do a phone interview (though honestly I don't know when... that weekend is gonna be nuts for me). I saw someone on SDN who did that with them in the past..

Members don't see this ad.

Right??!!! I already committed to three interviews that weekend (Friday at NAU, Saturday at Colorado, and Monday at Regis). Just got the interview offer at UCSF for that same Friday and Saturday. Super bummer they couldn't choose some different dates for interviews this year- why'd they ALL have to be on the same weekend??! :thinking:

Which ones are you gonna go to? Have you asked UNLV or UCSF about phone interviews or rescheduling? I might contact UCSF and see if they'll do a phone interview (though honestly I don't know when... that weekend is gonna be nuts for me). I saw someone on SDN who did that with them in the past..
Just made a bunch of calls and figured it out. There's not much flexibility between ucsf and colorado, so I had to decline colorado (can't beat the fact that ucsf is in state AND public). I called Keoni and learned that unlv actually has another interview day on the 20th, so I'm going to that. Wish I coulda done all 3 :shrug:

Major: Kinesiology
GPA: 3.75
GRE: V158, Q157, W4

Observation Hours: 25 Inpatient, 78 Outpatient Pediatrics, 68 General Outpatient
Extra Curricular: President of 2 honor societies, undergraduate research assistant, exercise physiology intern for Division 1 athletic team, Pre-PT club, Kines club
Letters of Rec: pediatric PT, Division 1 coach, professor

Applied: Arcadia, Drexel, Emory & Henry, Franklin Pierce, George Washington, Medical University of South Carolina, MGH, Mount St Mary's, NYU, Shenandoah, Temple, Jefferson, Univ of Sciences, Widener

Interviews: Drexel (11/4), Jefferson (11/10), Temple (11/11), George Washington (12/2), Emory & Henry (declined), Shenandoah (declined), Widener (declined)

Acceptances: Drexel, Temple, Arcadia, George Washington Univ, Franklin Pierce

Hi, I'm waiting to hear back from Drexel and Temple. Did they email you, or call you with your acceptance? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
University: Emory University
Major: Human Biology and Anthropology
Overall GPA: 3.46
Pre-Req GPA: 3.62 with retakes, 3.25 w/o (freshman year was rough)
last 60 hours GPA: 3.83
GRE: v-158 q-162 (320) w-3.5

Extra-Curric: Varsity swimmer all 4 years, worked as gym manager, taught swim lessons, Special Olympics coach
Volunteer hours: 105: 70-outpatient sports PT, 35-acute inpatient
Applied: Belmont, Mercer, University of Washington, CSULB, Chapman, Emory (pre-req GPA-3.9)

Acceptances: N/A
Rejections: N/A
Interviews: Mercer 1/14, Emory 1/20

Reactions: 1 users
UPDATE

Undergrad:
Santa Clara University
Major: Chemistry (BA) and Biology (BS)
cGPA: 3.47
PTCAS pGPA: 3.58 (~3.7 for schools that take o-chem)
Last 60 GPA: ~3.8
GRE: 168Q, 161V, 4.0AW
Hours: 53 inpatient, 104 outpatient (public hospital), 65 neuro, 40 outpatient (private clinic)
Letters of Rec: 2 PT's, 1 professor in major (also my PI for research), 1 employer (tutoring center on campus)
Extracurriculars/work: undergraduate research in chemistry, ultimate frisbee, chemistry club events/preview day speaker, pre-physical therapy club founder and former president, cooked breakfast at a homeless shelter a few times, tutor in several subjects and SAT/ACT math and science, general/organic chemistry TA, respite care worker
Other: a few awards and scholarships including a summer research scholarship
E-submitted: 8-7-16
Verified: 8-9-16

Applied: CSU Fresno, CSU Long Beach, CSU Northridge (top choice), UCSF/SFSU, Chapman, Western, NAU, Regis, University of Colorado, UIC, UNLV (top choice)

Accepted: UIC (12-15-16)

Rejected: NAU (12-13-16)

Interviews: Western University of Health Sciences (1-11-17), University of Colorado (1-28-17), Cal State Fresno (2-4-17), UNLV (1-27-17), Regis (declined), UCSF (1-27-17)

Idk what I'm gonna do with interviews from Colorado, UNLV, and UCSF falling on the same weekend. They're all really good schools that I'd like to see, but it can't happen unless one of them grants me a reschedule or phone interview, and Colorado already said no! :bang:
UPDATE: Ended up declining University of Colorado and moved the UNLV interview a week earlier to 1-20-17 to accommodate UCSF

UPDATE:
University: California State University
Overall GPA: 3.86
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7-3.8 depending on the school
GRE First time: 147Q, 150V, 3.5AW
GRE Second time: 151Q, 153V, 5.0AW
Hours: 500 outpatient hours and 100 pediatric hours
Recommendation Letters: 4 total: 1 physical therapist from pediatrics as a student volunteer, 2 physical therapists from the same outpatient clinic (internship that turned into an aide position), and kinesiology major professor

Applying: CSULB, CSUN, Chapman, Eastern Washington, NAU, UCSF/SFSU, Pittsburgh, Puget Sound, Washington, SDSU
Interviews: NAU (declined), SFSU (declined)
Acceptance: Chapman (11/23)
Rejections: None yet
Waitlist: Pittsburgh (12/6)

Last edited:
UPDATE

University
: University of Portland
Major: Biology
Minors: Chemistry & Neuroscience
Overall GPA: 3.83
Pre-Req GPA: 3.74-3.84
Last 60 credits: 3.97
GRE: 152Q, 157V, 4.5AW
Hours: outpatient orthopedics & occupational/industrial health (400); elementary school setting (15); SNF (20); Inpatient acute neuro (24). Populations observed: pediatrics, geriatrics, sports, women's health etc.
Recommendation Letters: 4 Letters; 1-Organic Chemistry professor (also supervisor), 2-professor in major, 3-PT, 4-PT.
Applying: CSUF, University of WA, University of Puget Sound, Pacific University, USC, Western U of health sciences, NAU, U Colorado, Regis, Wash U of St. Louis, Augusta University.
Interviews: Augusta University (10/28/2016); Regis University (1/30/2017); Western U of Healthsciences (declined); CSUF (declined); U Col. (declined); NAU (declined)
Acceptances: Washington University in St. Louis (11/08/2016); Augusta University (11/23/2016)

Undergrad: UMass Boston (took some pre-reqs at other state colleges)
Major: Exercise and Health Science (concentration in Health Science)
Cum GPA: 3.85
Prereq GPA: 3.87
GRE: 170V 158Q 4.5AW
Hours: 16 inpatient neuro, 40 volunteer outpatient ortho, 1000 outpatient ortho tech
(also worked 1000 as CNA inpatient, 400 as EKG tech, 1200 as HHA)
Letters: 3 ; 1 PT, 1 Bio instructor, 1 academic advisor

Applying : RGU, Boston University, MGHIHP, Simmons, University of Vermont, Umass Lowell, Georgia State, Armstrong State
Interviews: Georgia State (declined)
Acceptances: RGU (declined), UMass Lowell, Simmons (scholarship), MGHIHP (1/3)

Last edited:
UPDATE!

University: Elmhurst College
Major: Exercise Science
Over All GPA: 3.48 (Last two years 3.82)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.49
GRE: Q146 V159 W4.0

Extracurricular: 4 years active duty military
Observation Hours: 6 inpatient geriatric, 75 inpatient acute care, 75 out patient ortho
PTCAS submitted: 9/17/2016
PTCAS verified: 9/20/2016

Applied: UIC, Northwestern, Rosalind Franklin, Midwestern, Boston U, MGHI, Simmons College, Uni of Puget Sound, Uni of Washington
Interviews: n/a
Accepted: Northwestern, UIC, Simmons College
Rejected: n/a

**Received a letter in the mail on the 21st (ish) of December from Simmons College

University: Thomas Edison State University
Major: Natural Science/Math
Over All GPA: 4.0
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: Q159 V157 W4.5

Observation Hours: 30 inpatient/skilled nursing facility, 50 outpatient clinic
References: 2 PT's, 1 Anatomy & Physiology Professor, 1 Academic Advisor

Applied: UDel (Early Decision), Ohio State, Thomas Jefferson, Temple, Belmont, Mount St. Joseph
Interviews: UDel (Sep 12), OSU (n/a, open house 1/28), TJU (12/1), Temple (12/2), Belmont (11/18), MSJ (1/13/17)
Accepted: OSU (12/21), TJU (12/19)
Rejected: UDel, Belmont

Waiting to hear from Temple - anyone know how many offers they've made and/or how many seats are left?

Probably going to decline interview at Mount St. Joseph, was my 4th choice anyway

University: Clemson University

Interviews: Belmont (11/18)

Waitlisted: Belmont (11/28 - they only had 6 spots left b/c they filled the other 42 spots w/ ED)

Still waiting on: University of South Carolina, MUSC, Temple

I was at the same interview at Belmont! I had thought based on what they said that I would be waitlisted, but was rejected instead. I had an interview at Temple on 12/3. When did you interview and have you heard back yet?

Overall PTCAS GPA:
Pre-Req GPA: 3.17

GRE: 153V, 154Q, 5.0W

Letters of Rec: 1 PT, 2 Professors, 1 MD from medical mission

Extra-Curric: Special Olympics, surf camp for kids with disabilities, medical mission in Asia, student ambassador
Observation hours: ~1800 outpatient PT aide, 45 inpatient, 100 wellness facility

Applied: CSU Long Beach, CSU Northridge, USC, Washington University, Columbia University,Northwestern University, San Diego State, University of Colorado, University of the Pacific, Pacific University, Georgia State, Chapman, University of Washington, University of Colorado, Samuel Merritt University, UCSF/SFSU, Western University

Interviews: Columbia University (11/18), Georgia State University (11/29--declined), UCSF/SFSU (1/27)

Acceptances: Columbia University (11/21), USC (11/29)

Rejects:
Washington University (didn't meet the science GPA requirement), Northwestern University (11/21), University of Colorado (12/13)

Submitted PTCAS 8/12
Verified PTCAS 8/30

Majors: Biology and Spanish
Overall GPA: 3.47
Pre-Req GPA: 3.46
GRE: 148V, 149 Q & 4.0W

Extra-Curriculars: D3 tennis player, Study abroad in Ecuador and Peru, Anatomy tutor, Chemistry Tutor, Spanish Tutor, Tri Beta Gamma Sigma-National Biological Honor Society Member, Sorority Technology chair, Sorority Public Relations chair
Volunteer: 40 outpatient and 40 inpatient

Applied: Bradley, Governors State, GVSU, Midwestern - Downers Grove, St. Ambrose, Wash-U, Carroll, UF, UCF, FGCU, Rosalind Franklin, University of Miami, USF, Indiana State, UIC, Iowa

Interviews: none
Waitlisted: Wash-U, Governors State, GVSU
Acceptances: none
Rejections: Bradley, Iowa, UIC, Indiana State

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Major: Biology
Overall GPA: 3.39 (PTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.20 (PTCAS)
GRE First time: 151Q, 158V, 3.5AW
GRE Second time: 150Q, 159V, 4.5AW
Hours: 58 outpatient, 8 inpatient
Extracurriculars: 2+ yrs biotech/pharma work experience (incl. undergraduate full-time co-ops), 2 yrs resident assistant, non-pt-related hospital volunteer experience, licensed EMT-B 2011-2014
Recommendation Letters: 3 total: 1 physical therapist, 1 ex-phys professor, and 1 biotech internship/job direct supervisor

Applying: MGHIHP, UIC, GWU, UVM, Simmons
Interviews: GWU (1/11)
Acceptance: Simmons (12/21, 65k merit award), MGHIHP (02/08, accepted off waitlist), GWU (02/27), UIC (03/03, accepted off waitlist)
Rejections: n/a
Waitlist: UIC (12/15), MGHIHP (01/03), UVM (1/25)
Declined: MGHIHP (2/22), UIC (03/08), GWU (03/13)

I've heard from all five of the programs I've applied to. After the dust has settled, I'm very lucky to have received no outright rejections. MGHIHP was my top choice but ultimately the 65k merit award offered by Simmons is a game changer. I will be attending Simmons this upcoming June 2017.

This forum has been an indispensable resource for information and advice. I will gladly help anyone who would like to get some insight on a mediocre student with decent life experience who will soon be a DPT student!

Last edited:
UPDATE!
University: California Polytechnic State University San Luis Obispo
Major: Animal Science
Overall GPA: 3.58
Pre-Req GPA: depends on school 3.4-3.5
GRE: didn't take

Observation Hours: 45 Inpatient Hospital, ~100 Sports Outpatient, ~70 Inpatient Rehabilitation

Applied: Clarkson University, Western University of Health Sciences, University of North Texas at Fort Worth

Acceptances: Clarkson University (10/18/16)

Rejections: University of North Texas at Fort Worth (01/02/17)

Interviews: Western University of Health Sciences (01/17/17)

Updated
GPA: 3.75
GRE: V158, Q157, W4

Observation Hours: 25 Inpatient, 78 Outpatient Pediatrics, 68 General Outpatient
Extra Curricular: President of 2 honor societies, undergraduate research assistant, exercise physiology intern for Division 1 athletic team, Pre-PT club, Kines club
Letters of Rec: pediatric PT, Division 1 coach, professor

Applied: Arcadia, Drexel, Emory & Henry, Franklin Pierce, George Washington, Medical University of South Carolina, MGH, Mount St Mary's, NYU, Shenandoah, Temple, Jefferson, Univ of Sciences, Widener

Interviews: Drexel (11/4), Jefferson (11/10), Temple (11/11), George Washington (12/2), Emory & Henry (declined), Shenandoah (declined), Widener (declined)

Acceptances: Drexel, Temple, Arcadia, George Washington Univ, Franklin Pierce, MGH IHP (1/4)

UPDATE:

University: U of Alabama
Major: Human Performance and Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.21
Pre-Req GPA: 2.97
GRE: Q 157 V 157 W 4.5

Extra-Curric: Not many. Some community service (~40 hours total). Competitive powerlifter.

Volunteer: See above. I worked with students that have disabilities as a part of a class that I took. I taught them how to exercise and play some sports. I also volunteered in the relief efforts after a tornado.

Applied: Alabama St, Augusta, Belmont, Georgia St, Mercer, Tennessee St, Central Florida, North Florida, North Georgia, South Alabama, Western Kentucky, Arkansas State, Tennessee Health Science Center, St. Augustine

Interviews: Tennessee State (10/21), Augusta University (11/18), Memphis Mingle invite for Tennessee HSC (declined due to Augusta interview), and St. Augustine (12/2), Mercer upcoming (1/14)

Rejections: Belmont, UNG, UT HSC

Acceptances: Augusta University (11/23), Tennessee State University (11/24 - Declined), University of St. Augustine (12/20)

Update!

Overall GPA: 3.6
(Undergrad: 3.4, Last 60/Post bacc: 4.0)
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 169, 169, 4.5

Hours: 373 total- 150 outpatient (2 clinics), 140 SNF, 68 Acute Peds, 15 Acute Hospital

Extras: Nontrad, 5 years working in research and administration for nonprofits/tech start-ups focusing on disadvantaged populations (kids w cancer, folks experiencing homelessness, etc), academic tutor, Gen Chem 2 TA/grader, lots of activity and leadership in outdoors club in college

Applied: NAU (in-state), Univ of Utah, Univ of Puget Sound, Pacific U, Drexel, UCSF, Samuel Merritt, U Colorado, Regis, MGH IHP, U Illinois Chicago

Accepted: Drexel-with scholarship! (11/16), U Illinois Chicago (declined), Samuel Merritt (12/19), MGH IHP (declined)

Interviews: Drexel (10/28), University of Utah (1/12-1/13), NAU (1/27), U Colorado (1/28), Regis (1/30), UCSF/SFSU (declined- conflicted with NAU and U Colorado)

Waitlisted/Denied: None yet.

Update - Interview

University:
University of California, Irvine (Bachelor's) - Local CC (Pre-reqs)
Major: Criminology, Law and Society
Overall GPA: 3.63
Pre-Req GPA: 3.73 (PTCAS Pre-Req) 4.00 (Post-bac/retakes)
GRE: 165V 160Q 5.5AW

Hours: 74 inpatient hospital, 54 skilled nursing, 32 outpatient orthopedic

Submitted 8/16, verified 8/23

Applied: CSU Long Beach, Marshall University, Missouri State University, Northern Arizona University, University of Montana - Missoula, University of South Carolina, Medical University of South Carolina

Interviews: Missouri State University (9/17), Marshall University (1/13, phone), University of Montana - Missoula (2/11, thinking about this)

Acceptances: University of South Carolina (12/7)

Rejections: NAU (12/13)

Almost certainly attending USCarolina but very tempted to interview at UM

UPDATE: ACCEPTED @ CHAPMAN (SUMMER 2020)

Undergrad:
UCSD (transferred from JC)
Undergraduate Major: Human Biology
Overall GPA: 3.81
Prerequisite GPA: 3.83
Past 60 Hours GPA: 3.95
GRE: V-165, Q-157, AW-4

PT Observation Hours: Ortho Rehab Aide (1,000 hrs), Outpatient (77hrs), Inpatient (40hrs), SNF (70 hrs), Sports/Water Therapy (35 hrs)
Related Experience: Pathmaker Intern in Hospital (~175 hrs), Research Technician (650 hrs)
Community Service: Tutor/Mentor (~600 hrs)
Applied: CSU Northridge, CSU Fresno, CSU Long Beach, West Coast University, Chapman University, St. Augustine University (San Marcos)
Letters of Recommendation: 2 physical therapists, 1 professor

Submitted: 10/3/2016
Acceptances: St. Augustine, CSUN, Chapman
Interviews: St. Augustine (San Marcos), CSUF (declined)
Rejections: TBD

University: SUNY
Overall GPA: 3.12
Pre-Req GPA: 3.47
GRE: 150V, 154Q, 3.5 AW

Extra: Student Athlete
Volunteer: 45 Sports Med, 72 Acute Hospital, 140 OP
Acceptances: Neumann University
Rejections: Marymount U, NYIT
Interviews: Neumann, Marshall U, CSP, NYU

UPDATE!!!

University: UCF
Major: Health Sciences Pre-Clinical
Overall GPA: 3.68
Pre-Req GPA: 3.48
GRE: 151 V, 154 Q, 4.5 A

Observation: 51 outpatient (two separate locations), 39 inpatient, 12 skilled nursing, 5 prescribed pediatric extended care (PPEC)

Extra-Curric/Volunteer: Pre-PT Club, Volunteered at Coalition for the Homeless, Volunteered at an inpatient hospital (100 hours), Pre-Professional Medical Society, Junior Achievement

Applied: UCF, UNF, UF, NSU Ft. Lauderdale, FGCU, FIU

Acceptances: Nova Southeastern Ft. Lauderdale!

Rejections: none

Interviews: UNF (2/11)

UNF is my top choice so I'm praying everything works out with the interview!!

Undergrad: Virginia Tech
Undergraduate Major: Continental Philosophy (no, seriously)
Overall GPA: 3.2
Prerequisite GPA: 3.7
GRE: V-161, Q-157, AW-4.5

PT Observation Hours: 35 Outpatient - 25 SNF
Extra: 27 YO Career changer - Commissioned Officer, United States Marine Corps. Fulfilling prereq's while working full-time
Applied: Belmont, ODU, Radford, VCU, ECU, WCU, Elon
Letters of Recommendation: 1 DPT, 2 superior USMC officers

Acceptances
: None
Interviews: None
Rejections: Radford, ECU, WCU

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE: ACCEPTED @ CHAPMAN (SUMMER 2020)

Undergrad:
UCSD (transferred from JC)
Undergraduate Major: Human Biology
Overall GPA: 3.81
Prerequisite GPA: 3.83
Past 60 Hours GPA: 3.95
GRE: V-165, Q-157, AW-4

PT Observation Hours: Ortho Rehab Aide (1,000 hrs), Outpatient (77hrs), Inpatient (40hrs), SNF (70 hrs), Sports/Water Therapy (35 hrs)
Related Experience: Pathmaker Intern in Hospital (~175 hrs), Research Technician (650 hrs)
Community Service: Tutor/Mentor (~600 hrs)
Applied: CSU Northridge, CSU Fresno, CSU Long Beach, West Coast University, Chapman University, St. Augustine University (San Marcos)
Letters of Recommendation: 2 physical therapists, 1 professor

Submitted: 10/3/2016
Acceptances: St. Augustine, CSUN, Chapman
Interviews: St. Augustine (San Marcos), CSUF (declined)
Rejections: TBD

when did you hear back from CSUN? I haven't heard a thing yet, but it seems like they don't have many spots left!

University: University of South Carolina
Major: Athletic Training
Overall GPA: 3.68
Pre-Req GPA: 3.48
GRE: 145 V, 150 Q, 3.5 A / 144 V, 151 Q 4.0 A

Applications were completed mid-September

Observation: 197 outpatient (2 separate locations), 2,400 outpatient (PT Aide/ATC), 40 inpatient/skilled nursing
Extra-Curric/Volunteer: Township Day, Cheerleading Camp, Governor's Half Marathon, Teaching Assistant, 6 various collegiate sports and high schools for clinical sites (AT major)

Applied: Drexel, U Indy, Stockton, Emory, U Miami, NYIT, Pacific University, UF, U Sciences, Western Univ of Health Sciences, MUSC, USF, American International College, FGCU, Nova Southeastern - FL, Nova Southeastern - Tampa, Seton Hall, UNE, FIU

Interviews: Nova Southeastern - Tampa (10/18), UNE (11/4), NYIT (11/11), U Sciences (12/6)

Waitlist: UNE (declined), NYIT (declined), Stockton (declined)

Acceptances: Nova Southeastern - Tampa (declined), U Sciences with scholarship!

Rejections: U Indy, Drexel

UPDATE!

University: Elmhurst College
Over All GPA: 3.48 (Last two years 3.82)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.49
GRE: Q146 V159 W4.0

Extracurricular: 4 years active duty military
Observation Hours: 6 inpatient geriatric, 75 inpatient acute care, 75 out patient ortho
PTCAS submitted: 9/17/2016
PTCAS verified: 9/20/2016

Applied: UIC, Northwestern, Rosalind Franklin, Midwestern, Boston U, MGHI, Simmons College, Uni of Puget Sound, Uni of Washington
Interviews: n/a
Accepted: Northwestern, UIC, Simmons College
Waitlisted: MGHI
Rejected: n/a

*Will be attending Northwestern, class of 2020!

University: Indiana University- Bloomington
Major: Psychology
Over All GPA: 3.32
Pre-Req GPA: 3.41
GRE: Q145 V145 W4.0
GRE: Q146 V147 W3.5 (June 2016)
GRE: Q150 V157 W4.0 (November 2016)

Extracurricular: Residential Assistant (2 years), SAT/ACT Tutor, Hudson and Holland Scholar, Volunteer for a Non-Profit, Point Person for a Non-Profit, Hospital Volunteer, FitExpo Rep for Glukos at the Rock-in-Roll Half, Intramural Sports, TA for an Intro to Psych course, shadowed ~100 hrs in OT as well.
Observation Hours: 90 inpatient acute care, 40 outpatient, 6 school/peds
PTCAS submitted: 9/28/2016
PTCAS verified: 10/4/2016

Applied: Governors, Rosalind Franklin, Midwestern, Hampton, West Coast, LIU, Indiana State
Interviews: West Coast (1/27), Indiana State (12/3), Rosalind Franklin (1/7)
Accepted: Rosalind Franklin (1/9)
Waitlisted: Indiana State
Rejected: Governors

I've been a long time reader and what got me through my doubts were posts made by people with less than stellar stats get to where they wanted to be. So I'm paying it forward. I'm late to the game and making a career change from Health Insurance. I took all of my prereqs at a Community College while working full-time. The GRE was clearly a a bit of a challenge :laugh: . If I can do it, YOU CAN TOO. Good luck to you all!

UPDATE!

Major: Exercise & Sport Science
GPA: 3.61
Prereq-GPA: 3.32 (PTCAS)
GRE: 149 V, 154 Q, 5.0 W
Observation Hours: 200 Inpatient, 40 Outpatient Postural, 4 Sports Medicine
Extracurricular: Research Participant (2 studies), Research Assistant (30 hours), Volunteer Inpatient Hospital (100 hours) Relay for Life, Habitat for Humanity Volunteer, EPA Honor Society club member, Pre-PT club member, Intramurals (7 teams), Community Garden Volunteer, Salvation Army Volunteer, St. Baldrick's Volunteer, Feed My Starving Children Volunteer
Certifications: First Aid/CPR, AED

Applied: UNC - Chapel Hill (10/02), Nova SE - Ft. Lauderdale (10/05), University of Rhode Island (10/05), Western Kentucky University (10/19), Regis University (10/27), MUSC (11/15)

Interviews: Western Kentucky University (2/10 - declined)

Waitlisted: Regis University Interview

Acceptances: Nova SE - Ft. Lauderdale (12/09)

Rejections: UNC - Chapel Hill (12/07)

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Institution: Georgia Gwinnett College
Cumulative GPA: 3.50
Pre-Req GPA: 3.36
GRE: 154V/153Q/4.0W

Hours: 2000+ outpatient (orthopedic) as a PT technician/aide
75 outpatient (sports)
20 inpatient (sub-acute/rehabilitation)
15 inpatient (acute)
15 outpatient neuro (Shepherd Center)

EC's: 4 year college athlete, National Society of Leadership and Success, Kappa Omicron Nu Exercise Science Honor Society, B.E.A.R.S Club (Bridging Exercise and Real Science)

Applying: UF, UNF, MUSC, Florida Gulf Coast University, Nova Southeastern- Ft. Lauderdale, Mercer
Interviews: Mercer (1/14)
Acceptances: Nova Southeastern- Ft. Lauderdale
Rejections: UNF (1/10 via mail)

WKU interviews are scheduled for 2/3 and 2/10 -- your interview is 1/10?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

UPDATE!

Major: Exercise & Sport Science
GPA: 3.61
Prereq-GPA: 3.32 (PTCAS)
GRE: 149 V, 154 Q, 5.0 W
Observation Hours: 200 Inpatient, 40 Outpatient Postural, 4 Sports Medicine
Extracurricular: Research Participant (2 studies), Research Assistant (30 hours), Volunteer Inpatient Hospital (100 hours) Relay for Life, Habitat for Humanity Volunteer, EPA Honor Society club member, Pre-PT club member, Intramurals (7 teams), Community Garden Volunteer, Salvation Army Volunteer, St. Baldrick's Volunteer, Feed My Starving Children Volunteer
Certifications: First Aid/CPR, AED

Applied: UNC - Chapel Hill (10/02), Nova SE - Ft. Lauderdale (10/05), University of Rhode Island (10/05), Western Kentucky University (10/19), Regis University (10/27), MUSC (11/15)

Interviews: Western Kentucky University (1/10) - will deny

Waitlisted: Regis University Interview

Acceptances: Nova SE - Ft. Lauderdale (12/09)

Rejections: UNC - Chapel Hill (12/07)

Did you find out about WKU via your portal or through email?

Invites for interviews were sent out on 1/10/17 for the 2/10 event -- apparently they already had the 2/3 event.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

*UPDATE*

Major:
Psychology
Minors: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.73
Pre-Req GPA: 3.59
GRE: 150V, 150Q & 4.5W

Extra-Curric: DIII basketball player, Human anatomy and physiology TA and grader, volunteer in an autism social group, psi chi executive board

Observation: 148 hours total over 4 settings

Applied: Bradley, Rosalind Franklin, UIC, Northwestern, Chatham, Bellarmine, Marshall, U of Indy

Interviews: Chatham (done 11/12), Bellarmine (declined) Rosalind Franklin (1/7-- declined), Marshall (1/13--declined phone interview)
Waitlisted: Chatham (high-priority)
Acceptances: NORTHWESTERN (11/15) UIC (12/15)!!!!!
Rejections:
U of Indy (11/9), Bradley (12/8)

*will be attending UIC!!!* :soexcited:

Last edited:
Update

University:
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Overall GPA: 3.75
Pre-Req GPA: 3.75
Past 60 Hours GPA: 3.94
GRE: 1st attempt: 157V 152Q 4.0AW, 2nd attempt: 157V 159Q 3.5AW

Extra-Curric:
Aquatic exercise assistant for students with disabilities
Undergrad Assistant for exercise based after school program
Lifeguard
Junior Lifeguard Sports Coach
Sports Fitness Program Swim Instructor
Personal Trainer

Volunteer/Observation Hours:
Inpatient (126 hours)
Outpatient (40 hours)
Physical Therapy clinic for students and athletes with disabilities (38+ hours)
TOTAL Observation hours: 204

Applied: UIC, Northwestern, College of St. Scholastica, Governors State, Bradley, Mercer, Missouri State, Rosalind Franklin

Acceptances: Northwestern University (10/10), Governors State (12/14), Rosalind Franklin University (1/9)

Waitlist: Bradley (12/8), UIC (12/15)

Rejections:

Interviews: Governors State (12/13), Rosalind Franklin (1/7), Mercer University (1/14 declined), Missouri State University (1/14 declined)

I am heavily leaning towards Rosalind Franklin. Between Rosalind Franklin and Governors state, I felt more of a connection with Rosalind Franklin. The facilities were very nice and the faculty seem very invested in their students. Out of all three schools I visited Rosalind Franklin was the only one that talked about student wellness and the various programs available to students (counseling, stress management/time management workshops, group fitness classes, etc.) that was a big selling point to me!

I was also very wooed by Northwestern (faculty, current students seem happy and very nice, etc.) but the tuition is ultimately what is turning me away. If anyone else is choosing between a big name expensive school versus a cheaper school that is not as well known, here are some threads that helped me a lot in making this decision. Overall, the majority consensus seems to be to go with the cheaper school. I hope this post is able to help someone out there!

https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/physical-therapy-and-money.1065823/
https://forums.studentdoctor.net/th...a-students-perspective.1121653/#post-16198502

Undergrad: Tufts University (2014)
Major: Psychology
cGPA: 3.45 (3.38 undergrad, 4.0 post-bacc)
pre-req GPA: 3.6-3.8 (depending on the school)
GRE: 162 V, 163 Q 5.0 AW
Observation Hours: 21 hours rehabilitation hospital, 45 hours outpatient orthopedics/sports clinic, 12 hours acute hospital, 16 school
Work Experience: Pediatric Oncology clinical research coordinator (current position), special needs camp counselor, catering student worker and swim instructor (during undergrad)
Extracurricular Activities: Boston Marathon charity runner ($8k fundraising), Special Olympics swim coach, Varsity swimming, Level the Field (volunteer mentor for local students)
Applied: Creighton, Des Moines University, Duke, George Washington, MUSC, Northwestern, Regis, UNMC, University of Washington, Washington University (St. Louis)

E-submitted: 9/28
Verified: 10/12

Interviews: Creighton (11/11), George Washington (12/2), UNMC (12/20-declined), Des Moines (1/13-declined), Regis (1/30-will decline)
Acceptances: Northwestern (11/7), Creighton (12/13), George Washington (12/17), Wash U (12/20)
Rejections: n/a

Attending Northwestern! Can't wait for the fall!

UPDATE:

Institution: Georgia Gwinnett College
Cumulative GPA: 3.50
Pre-Req GPA: 3.36
GRE: 154V/153Q/4.0W

Hours: 2000+ outpatient (orthopedic) as a PT technician/aide
75 outpatient (sports)
20 inpatient (sub-acute/rehabilitation)
15 inpatient (acute)
15 outpatient neuro (Shepherd Center)

EC's: 4 year college athlete, National Society of Leadership and Success, Kappa Omicron Nu Exercise Science Honor Society, B.E.A.R.S Club (Bridging Exercise and Real Science)

Applying: UF, UNF, MUSC, Florida Gulf Coast University, Nova Southeastern- Ft. Lauderdale, Mercer
Interviews: Mercer (1/14)
Acceptances: Nova Southeastern- Ft. Lauderdale
Rejections: UNF (1/10 via mail)

Congrats on your acceptance to NOVA! I was accepted there as well! Is your deposit due this Sunday January 15th? Are you planning to pay your deposit even though you are waiting on other schools?

University: Rutgers University
Overall GPA: 3.45
Pre-Req GPA: 3.13
Last 60: 3.82
GRE: V-146 Q-164 A-4.0

Extra-Curric: Habitat for Humanity, Stressbusters, more clubs at my school including being a treasurer for one of the clubs

Volunteer: Over 600 hours - 500 hrs in outpatient ortho in 3 different settings including 1 internship, 50 in 2 different children's hospitals, 50 in inpatient geriatric/neuro setting

Applied: UNE, URI, Lynchburg, Marshall, Rutgers South, LIU, Chatham, Elon, Mount St. Joseph, Thomas Jefferson, UMES

Rejections:

Interviews: UNE (9/16), URI (1/3), Rutgers South (1/4), Mount St. Joseph (declined), LIU (moved date to Feb)

Acceptances: UNE

After my freshman year, my GPA was about a 2.8 which was really low. I retook all my classes that I got C's in and managed to do well in them which definitely brought up my GPA quickly. I also decided to take some upper level courses for courses like bio where I had some B's and got A's in the upper level class so I was able to use the A instead of the B which brought up my pre-req GPA for some of the schools I applied to. I think if you have a C in one of your classes such as bio, it might be a better option to take a class like Cell Bio which is considered upper level which many programs take and have that grade replace your C. It definitely took a lot of research into schools but even if you have a low pre-req like me, try to make it up with your last 60 credits and show that you're willing to volunteer in different settings. I know it's difficult sometimes getting experience in inpatient settings but I think having those experiences definitely helped me and showed that I wasn't just interested in outpatient ortho.

I applied last year and had 0 interviews and this year I have had 5 so far (hopefully a few more). In my senior year, I was able to get 2 more experiences into my application, managed to get a 3.9 gpa for my final year and add some new extra curriculars. If you're in your final year of college, try to make the most of it and stay involved. That extra push is what helped me get those interviews this year that I didn't have last year.

University: Rutgers University
Overall GPA: 3.45
Pre-Req GPA: 3.13
Last 60: 3.82
GRE: V-146 Q-164 A-4.0

Extra-Curric: Habitat for Humanity, Stressbusters, more clubs at my school including being a treasurer for one of the clubs

Volunteer: Over 600 hours - 500 hrs in outpatient ortho in 3 different settings including 1 internship, 50 in 2 different children's hospitals, 50 in inpatient geriatric/neuro setting

Applied: UNE, URI, Lynchburg, Marshall, Rutgers South, LIU, Chatham, Elon, Mount St. Joseph, Thomas Jefferson, UMES

Rejections:

Interviews: UNE (9/16), URI (1/3), Rutgers South (1/4), Mount St. Joseph (declined), LIU (moved date to Feb)

Acceptances: UNE

After my freshman year, my GPA was about a 2.8 which was really low. I retook all my classes that I got C's in and managed to do well in them which definitely brought up my GPA quickly. I also decided to take some upper level courses for courses like bio where I had some B's and got A's in the upper level class so I was able to use the A instead of the B which brought up my pre-req GPA for some of the schools I applied to. I think if you have a C in one of your classes such as bio, it might be a better option to take a class like Cell Bio which is considered upper level which many programs take and have that grade replace your C. It definitely took a lot of research into schools but even if you have a low pre-req like me, try to make it up with your last 60 credits and show that you're willing to volunteer in different settings. I know it's difficult sometimes getting experience in inpatient settings but I think having those experiences definitely helped me and showed that I wasn't just interested in outpatient ortho.

I applied last year and had 0 interviews and this year I have had 5 so far (hopefully a few more). In my senior year, I was able to get 2 more experiences into my application, managed to get a 3.9 gpa for my final year and add some new extra curriculars. If you're in your final year of college, try to make the most of it and stay involved. That extra push is what helped me get those interviews this year that I didn't have last year.

Have you tried calling chatham or marshall? just wasnt sure if they have any further information. I applied too but haven't heard back

Have you tried calling chatham or marshall? just wasnt sure if they have any further information. I applied too but haven't heard back
I was waitlisted for an interview for Marshall and the same goes for Chatham. I haven't heard anything since so I don't have too much hope for these programs. I applied to Chatham last year and got the same email and they eventually emailed me that I was denied in April I think.