Gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2short4life

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the lowest GPA you can get and still be admitted into a Vet school? I know some schools that say you need a 2.50 to be considered for admission, but I really doubt anyone gets in with that low of a GPA.

Thanks for your time:D

Members don't see this ad.

I would check the averages for schools you are thinking of applying to. I think the average for all US accredited schools is 3.55, so there will be people above and below that.

Many of the schools it is between a 3.3 and a 3.5 But for the VA MD Regional Veterinary School it is a 2.8

Members don't see this ad :)
Many of the schools it is between a 3.3 and a 3.5 But for the VA MD Regional Veterinary School it is a 2.8

This is not correct, I don't know where you got this from. No school has a 3.5 minimum GPA requirement. Weren't you the one who just asked everyone how to start looking at schools? Why are you answering other people's specific questions then?

At some schools it depends on whether you are classified as in-state or out-of-state. More times than not the OOS GPA requirements are higher than the IS. For example, when I was looking at NCSU it was 3.0 for IS and 3.4 for OOS.

Check this (or the schools' individual websites) for accurate information.

http://www.aavmc.org/vmcas/college_requirement.htm

At most schools, the average is going to be above the minimum, so be sure to shoot for higher than the minimum. (I think Auburn's used to be 2.8 minimum, but their average incoming class GPA is much higher than that!)