GPA

PrestonWhiz

Preston Joslin
Reaction score
What is the GPA to become a dentist if you’re in high school? What should I strive for?

Members don't see this ad.

Moving to hSDN.

I'm inclined to say that your GPA in high school doesn't really matter too much- that's more for undergrad admissions, and the undergrad you attend doesn't matter to dental schools. Your undergrad GPA and your DAT score are what matter, but you have plenty of years before you have to worry about that.

If you're planning on applying to BS/DMD or BS/DDS programs though, then you should keep your GPA as high as possible, and score as well as you can on the ACT/SAT. Strive for the highest GPA you can get :) Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Artist is the best! Be sure to stick around SDN @PrestonWhiz , there is a good community for Pre-dental students as well when you move on into your undergraduate studies.

I plan to stay around, there’s a wealth of information here.

Reactions: 1 user
If that is your real name, I highly advise you change it/remove it.

Why exactly?

Nothing positive can come from your identity being known on an anonymous online forum, many bad things can happen. Risk management, in my opinion. I don't see any benefit to having it readily available.

Also, I'm not sure how the pre-dent/dent community rolls, but for the medical community having "future MD" is looked down upon by med students/docs. Definitely stick around and try to absorb all the good info you can.