University of Puget Sound for pre-med? High gpa?

JadeLaura

Reaction score
I am a biology major who is interested in pre-med and wants to go to medical school. I am choosing between Puget Sound, and several other schools for undergrad.

Puget Sound is appealing for a number of reasons: their potentially high medical acceptance rate (I was told this was 100%, but cannot find any actual proof of this online), passionate professors, and small class sizes. The latter makes getting letter of recommendation easier, since students can build a more personal connection with professors who actual know their students by name.

However, one of the key components for medical school is a strong, high gpa. I am wondering what the academics are like at Puget Sound. Is it easy to maintain a high gpa for students? Specifically, is it feasible to obtain a high gpa for a bio major at UPS considering pre-med?

I was under the impression that at a small, liberal arts school a higher gpa would be easier to achieve... but I am uncertain.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this. Any advice would be helpful! Feel free to reach out.

Members don't see this ad.