got my score of NBDE part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pbkal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hai guys!!!!!!!!!!!
got my NBDE part 1 score today......
my composite score is 90.very happy to receive this score.
my raw score is 329.
anat-81
physio/biochem-75
micro/path-86
dent anat-87

gave exam on feb 8th.the whole credit goes to my husband who supported me alot with house work and taking care of our 16months old baby girl since last 4 months.
gud luck to all those who are preparing for the exam and who are waiting for their results.
thanks to all the sdn members who helped with the questions and to wikipedia.its awesome.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey doit22,
i never used any of the text books, n dont think u need one..
i would suggest u start reading from dental decks(refer wikipedia in case u dont u/s anything), read kaplan review notes(n make ur own notes), read lipponcott for biochem, n okeson for occlusion, n ofcourse first aid.. n solve ASDA papers (one paper everyday initially)so u know wht tpics r imp n how to solve questions... do all this n u r good to go.

hope this helps.
hey thanks a lot .....i`ll go a head....do u hav okeson and lipponcott?

Hi iomega,
Congratulations!!!!!!!!! for your score and its party time for u now. I would like to thank you here for your valuable contribution for solving questions on sdn.
you deserve it.:)

Hey Pbkal congratulations on ur result..

i gave my exam on 3rd of feb, n got my results today(it was a long wait).

comp score 92
Anat 87
biochem/physio 82
micro/patho 82
DA 86

I am happy with my score.

If any1 needs any help, i'll b glad to help.

Thankx to every1 who helped me solve my silly doubts, n supported me..:)

comp score 92
Anat 87
biochem/physio 82
micro/patho 82
DA 86

Awesome score iomega...!! Heartiest congratulations..!! :)

Hi iomega,
Congratulations!!!!!!!!! for your score and its party time for u now. I would like to thank you here for your valuable contribution for solving questions on sdn.
you deserve it.:)

Thank you teethie, best of luck for ur prep.

Hi pbkal and iomega,

Congratulations on your scores!Can you please post the national means that are reported along with your scores?Thanks!

Thank you Hope2dds, best of luck for ur prep.

hi iomega...
am new at this forum,,and im hving my exam less than 2 weeks!!!! pls help me out...should i just stick to asda papers left and also dental decks? am just needing a 75 for my country's board exam...i know it might so easy...but am still nervous...pls hope u can guide me... thank u thank u!!

Hey iomega
congrats,It's really great.u did it.no words to say,
Many Many congratulations and goodluck for ur admission.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi iomega...
am new at this forum,,and im hving my exam less than 2 weeks!!!! pls help me out...should i just stick to asda papers left and also dental decks? am just needing a 75 for my country's board exam...i know it might so easy...but am still nervous...pls hope u can guide me... thank u thank u!!

Hey Jenny,
Pre exam jitter are always there, but dont worry if u have prepared well u'll be fine.
yeah i would suggest just solving ASDA papers n reading topics u find difficult in last 2 weeks.
Its difficult to score high but its easy to pass the exam.. so relax.
Best of luck for ur exam.

Hey iomega ,
Congratulations on ur success.

Did you concentrate more on the recent papers ? and was the exam a simulation of ASDA papers . Which parts were most diffcult and what do you think would be best for Biochemistry-Physiology ?

Hey Jenny,
Pre exam jitter are always there, but dont worry if u have prepared well u'll be fine.
yeah i would suggest just solving ASDA papers n reading topics u find difficult in last 2 weeks.
Its difficult to score high but its easy to pass the exam.. so relax.
Best of luck for ur exam.

hi
really thank u,, okie,,il concentrate on asda papers... do u think its more effective to review the recent asda's? coz i find the earlier series easier but the later series are more complicated and confused...:confused:

hey pbkal..
how the national mean is consederd? i mean how it is exactly !!
thanks !

Hey iomega ,
Congratulations on ur success.

Did you concentrate more on the recent papers ? and was the exam a simulation of ASDA papers . Which parts were most diffcult and what do you think would be best for Biochemistry-Physiology ?

Thanx Truth seeker.. well my actual exam was difficult than the ASDA papers, i solved all ASDA papers, but the recent once like form I to N i solved them twice.
2 days b4 exam i just concentrated on ASDA papers, didnt read theory.

u cannot actually say which part was difficulty, coz questions were all random. I did have lots qestions from occlusion, few were very difficult.

i felt lipponcott is awesome for biochem, for physio decks n kaplan review notes.
hope this helps.

hi
really thank u,, okie,,il concentrate on asda papers... do u think its more effective to review the recent asda's? coz i find the earlier series easier but the later series are more complicated and confused...:confused:

Hey Jenny,
like i said you should solve all ASDA papers, n the recent once solve them twice( I to N), n remember the questions where u went wrong n why(reason).
u'll have most of ASDA qestions from recent ASDA papers, so concentrate on that more.

My exam is this Friday! im trying to stay as calm as possible and am just going over my micro/path notes from Kaplan for the 2nd/3rd time. In the meantime, I don't know what/how to go about the other sections...obviously theres not enough time to read all the other 600 pages, so what should i do?

Basically ive looked over all the other sections twice (some areas 3x) and now am down to the last set of path, hope to be done by Wednesday. I really don't know how to go about the other material. I was doing questions, but im at the point where ive seen the 96, 98, 04 exams a few times that i dont think its helping me anymore.

The other issue im having is that once i start reading a particular section i start thinking about all the other sections, ie. gi path makes me think about gi physio which somehow makes me think about dental anatomy...i dunno, its making me sound like a nut, haha.

any help/advice would be appreciated.

comp score 92
Anat 87
biochem/physio 82
micro/patho 82
DA 86

hearty congrats!!
im gining my exam in may..so any tips on hw i shud study??
please guide me...

My exam is this Friday! im trying to stay as calm as possible and am just going over my micro/path notes from Kaplan for the 2nd/3rd time. In the meantime, I don't know what/how to go about the other sections...obviously theres not enough time to read all the other 600 pages, so what should i do?

Basically ive looked over all the other sections twice (some areas 3x) and now am down to the last set of path, hope to be done by Wednesday. I really don't know how to go about the other material. I was doing questions, but im at the point where ive seen the 96, 98, 04 exams a few times that i dont think its helping me anymore.

The other issue im having is that once i start reading a particular section i start thinking about all the other sections, ie. gi path makes me think about gi physio which somehow makes me think about dental anatomy...i dunno, its making me sound like a nut, haha.

any help/advice would be appreciated.

Hey Gunit420,
i know how u feel exactly, i've been there b4, even i used to feel the same, whenever i used to study patho i used to feel i dont rememebr anything of physio n visa versa...
but thts just the feeling, u actually remember everything, but 'coz u r worried abt the exam being so near u feel u r forgetting everything tht u read.
if u have revised everything thrice(like u said) thts good enough.. u'll do pretty well.
how r u scoring in ur ASDA papers?
just read topics which u find difficult, like enzymes, collagen, autoimmune dis, foramen, erruption shedding dates etc etc.

Best of luck. u'll do well.

hearty congrats!!
im gining my exam in may..so any tips on hw i shud study??
please guide me...

Hey Niki,
Thanx

well i already mentioned abt the materails i used, do u want to know in particular about any subject?
start with decks n kaplan review notes at first, n simultaniously solve ASDA papers.( i guess u must have already)
wikipedia is good for all the topics which u find difficult..
since i m not sure wht do u want to know exactly.. cannot ans much.

thanks iomega.

ive been scoring well on my practice exams...between 83-88 right on each section. I did drop a little bit in the 2004 format...but still doing well. But the only thing is, i know itll be tougher, so i dont want to get too confident. I think ill take your advice and just go over some of the more detailed topics and hope for the best.

thanks again!

Hey Jenny,
like i said you should solve all ASDA papers, n the recent once solve them twice( I to N), n remember the questions where u went wrong n why(reason).
u'll have most of ASDA qestions from recent ASDA papers, so concentrate on that more.

thanks...very sweet of you....okie,,its another guide already,,il focus much on the recent one..^^ thankssssss!!!!!

thanks iomega.

ive been scoring well on my practice exams...between 83-88 right on each section. I did drop a little bit in the 2004 format...but still doing well. But the only thing is, i know itll be tougher, so i dont want to get too confident. I think ill take your advice and just go over some of the more detailed topics and hope for the best.

thanks again!

All the very best! Do let us know how your exam went.

Hey Jenny,
hey omega
i dnt have N series , can u plz share it with me .

hey iomega plz guide me about pathology n microbiology,from where u prepared these two subjects.
thanx

I just finished my boards a couple of hours ago...and while I know it may seem odd that writing on student doctor is one of the first things ive decided to do, i just want to take a moment and tell you that the exam....is pretty tough.

Iomega and the others were correct in saying that the old exams are around a 4/10 in terms of toughness, and the exam is around a 6-7. Basically, I was getting 330-340 right on those exams from 89, 96, 98, and 04. We'll see how this one goes. I felt pretty good about 280, the other 120...they were tricky. A lot of questions, too many actually, i was down to 50/50. I just went with my gut instincts and im hoping it will carry me through to somewhere around a 320+.

In the meantime, for those of you studying, i would spend a good week or so going over the previous exams, and truly reviewing the deck/page numbers of the questions you get wrong and also the ones you guessed right. Too much of my time this week was going over notes and not doing questions, which is good and bad; but i'd say, do questions, and look up answers as you go along instead of timing. there is A LOT of time...i actually 1.25 hours going over the 50-60 questions I was unsure about per section.

Good luck and I will keep you posted.

Glad to hear a great marks ...Now i'm preparing for part 1 exam..
Which kind of books is very useful for the exam .\?
There are a lot of materials for this.. PLs let me know ....
Thanks u so much

I just finished my boards a couple of hours ago...and while I know it may seem odd that writing on student doctor is one of the first things ive decided to do, i just want to take a moment and tell you that the exam....is pretty tough.

Iomega and the others were correct in saying that the old exams are around a 4/10 in terms of toughness, and the exam is around a 6-7. Basically, I was getting 330-340 right on those exams from 89, 96, 98, and 04. We'll see how this one goes. I felt pretty good about 280, the other 120...they were tricky. A lot of questions, too many actually, i was down to 50/50. I just went with my gut instincts and im hoping it will carry me through to somewhere around a 320+.

In the meantime, for those of you studying, i would spend a good week or so going over the previous exams, and truly reviewing the deck/page numbers of the questions you get wrong and also the ones you guessed right. Too much of my time this week was going over notes and not doing questions, which is good and bad; but i'd say, do questions, and look up answers as you go along instead of timing. there is A LOT of time...i actually 1.25 hours going over the 50-60 questions I was unsure about per section.

Good luck and I will keep you posted.

HI best of luck for your exam
can i have ur email??i want to ask u. hoping for ur kind considerate.