got my score of NBDE part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pbkal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hai guys!!!!!!!!!!!
got my NBDE part 1 score today......
my composite score is 90.very happy to receive this score.
my raw score is 329.
anat-81
physio/biochem-75
micro/path-86
dent anat-87

gave exam on feb 8th.the whole credit goes to my husband who supported me alot with house work and taking care of our 16months old baby girl since last 4 months.
gud luck to all those who are preparing for the exam and who are waiting for their results.
thanks to all the sdn members who helped with the questions and to wikipedia.its awesome.

Members don't see this ad.

congrats.can you please share your sources of study.Thank you and good luck!

hey pbkal ,
Congratulations .
i have few weeks to go before my D-day , can you please share whats most crucial during last weeks and how did you go about spending the last few weeks.

Congratulations pbkal..Best wishes for future :) :)

Members don't see this ad :)
hai guys!!!!!!!!!!!
my raw score is 329.
anat-81
physio/biochem-75
micro/path-86
dent anat-87

gave exam on feb 8th.the whole credit goes to my husband who supported me alot with house work and taking care of our 16months old baby girl since last 4 months.
gud luck to all those who are preparing for the exam and who are waiting for their results.
thanks to all the sdn members who helped with the questions and to wikipedia.its awesome.

congratulation pbkal ..:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::)
wish ya all best ,,good luck in ur admission ..enjoy it..:thumbup:

hai guys!!!!!!!!!!!
my raw score is 329.
anat-81
physio/biochem-75
micro/path-86
dent anat-87

Heartiest congratulations pbkal :)

hai guys!!!!!!!!!!!
my raw score is 329.
anat-81
physio/biochem-75
micro/path-86
dent anat-87

Hi PBKL, Congratulations for getting 90 on NBDE part 1. Can you tell me how hard the exam was. Were the level of difficulty of question high as compared to the question in asda question papers ? I am planning to give part 1 in like may end.

hai guys!!!!!!!!!!!
my raw score is 329.
anat-81
physio/biochem-75
micro/path-86
dent anat-87

HEY pbkal congrats.It's great.I have been waiting for ur reply after ur exam.again congrats and goodluck for ur admission.

congrats.can you please share your sources of study.Thank you and good luck!

thanks rose82
i read 2006-07 decks(main)+NBDE FIST AID(reference)+all ASDA papers.i know its very less........but,trust me.......its enough if u can do all those real thorough.
gudluck with ur preparation.

hey pbkal ,
Congratulations .
i have few weeks to go before my D-day , can you please share whats most crucial during last weeks and how did you go about spending the last few weeks.

thanks truth seeker.i would say do all released and unreleased ASDA papers in the last week or last 10 days.and browse as much as possible for other options pertaining to a question other than the answer.it will help u.
all the best with ur preparation and exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi PBKL, Congratulations for getting 90 on NBDE part 1. Can you tell me how hard the exam was. Were the level of difficulty of question high as compared to the question in asda question papers ? I am planning to give part 1 in like may end.

thanks keepmoving.the exam was not very hard.most of them were straight questions.if u do all the ASDA papers well,u r gonna ace good in the exam.the pattern is same and i would say difficulty level is also the same.gud luck with ur preparation.

:thumbup:Congratulations:thumbup:. Nice score.Any tips for those preparing to exam?

thanks alot charu.
revision is the key to sucess........
keep browsing anything and everything u doubt while reading......will help u.
read matter regarding options other than answer pertaining to a question.this will help u to answer the questions in the exam when framed differently on the same topic.
wish u gudluck...

HEY pbkal congrats.It's great.I have been waiting for ur reply after ur exam.again congrats and goodluck for ur admission.

thanks bepositive.im so sorry!!!!i couldnt reply ur email.i got sick after the exam,so really didnt peek into my emails.
gudluck with ur preparation..

Hi pbkal
congradulations and i wish you all the best for your admission process

Hi pbkal, how did u revice biochemistry in the last few days, did u go throught decks again buz i really feel hard to revice and remember everything in biochem?
and also how was the testlet part? please do advice regarding how to prepare for testlets?

heyyyyyyyyyyy,

congratulations..............its a big achievement.......party time for you..:soexcited::soexcited:

hai guys!!!!!!!!!!!
my raw score is 329.
anat-81
physio/biochem-75
micro/path-86
dent anat-87

Congrats on your Greattttt score, Pbkal!!! Enjoy your success. You deserve it!!!

Congratulations pbkal:), you have done it.
PLEASE KEEP BROWSING SDN. I will definitely be looking forward to your responses for questions.. You have always helped by sharing your knowledge on sdn so you do deserve this score.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Wishing you Good luck for admission too.:luck:

hai guys!!!!!!!!!!!
my raw score is 329.
anat-81
physio/biochem-75
micro/path-86
dent anat-87

Hi pbkal, how did u revice biochemistry in the last few days, did u go throught decks again buz i really feel hard to revice and remember everything in biochem?
and also how was the testlet part? please do advice regarding how to prepare for testlets?

hi papu
i referred my textbookfor biochem wherever i felt hard and insufficient matter in decks.......i know in decks its very precise and context is not given.......so,its hard mugging up.read textbook only topics needed.
testlet part was okay.be good with diseases and syndromes in path.the diseases given in path r recovered,need not go out of it.
gudluck with preparation.........

hi pbkal
congrats!!!!!!!
can u please suggest me if its needed to read the text books?i have denta decks 2001 ,2004, 2006-2007,ada released papers from 77-98 .what is the diff between asda and ada released papers?plz help.

hi racy!!!!!!thanks a lot.
i didnt read textbooks.i referred to my biochem text in topics i felt insufficient in decks.ASDA papers r must.i would advise u to do all the ASDA papers from A-N series....both r same.gudluck with ur preparation...

Congratulations pbkal:), you have done it.
PLEASE KEEP BROWSING SDN. I will definitely be looking forward to your responses for questions.. You have always helped by sharing your knowledge on sdn so you do deserve this score.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Wishing you Good luck for admission too.:luck:
hi teethie!!!!!!!!!!!thanku very much for ur wishes.......
yess!!i will try to help now also.......i thank u all guys too who all helped me with answers......sdn is great!!!!!!keep studying............u can do it..
gudluck teethie!!!!!

hey pbkal
congratulations on ur grand success.:thumbup:
pbkal,i've one doubt.like i have asda released papers like til 1996,then 1998 and then 2004 pilot exams,then m and n series.
are there any q paper between 1998 and 2004.
thanx

Hey Pbkal congratulations on ur result..

i gave my exam on 3rd of feb, n got my results today(it was a long wait).

comp score 92
Anat 87
biochem/physio 82
micro/patho 82
DA 86

I am happy with my score.

If any1 needs any help, i'll b glad to help.

Thankx to every1 who helped me solve my silly doubts, n supported me..:)

hi omega
congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! its a gud score. can u plz share what all material did u study, did u try the crackthenbde software? i am taking my exam in early may. in which areas i shud concentrate more? waiting for ur reply.

Last edited:
Hey this is a question ive been posting quite a bit on this forum the past few days but im still uncertain...did you find your scores to be similar to how you were doing on exams such as the 96, 98, 2004. Also, was the degree of complexity and difficulty of thse questions more so than those on the exams just mentioned?

Also, avataar, i would advise not using unreleased exam questions...its unethical and i'm hearing a few (couple) cases of kids getting caught and having to reexamine. not worth it in my opinion.

hi iomega
congrats on ur grand success.
can u plz guide
like which sources u would recommend for exam.
thanx

thanx avataar n ashi
i studied from decks 2009-10, first aid, lipponcott for biochem, okeson for occlusion, n kaplan review notes.. studied for 3 and a half months around 8 hours everyday, n yeah solved all ASDA papers( i,j,k,l,m,n solved these twice)

Last edited:
Hey gunit420,
i found the exam pretty difficult than the ASDA papers..
i used to score around 85-92 in most of my ASDA papers, the actual exam had question which were out of the world, n some of them were pretty simple too.
but if u know ur basics n the reasons too why these answers are right or wrong u r good to go.
know ur decks very well, n if u find biochem diff i would suggest reading lipponcott atleast twice(its a gr8 book, i know its alot to read, but once u start reading it u'll love this book)

Last edited:

comp score 92
Anat 87
biochem/physio 82
micro/patho 82
DA 86

hey iomega!!!!!!!!!!!!!very very hearty congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i was waiting to listen ur score..........becos i knew u gave exam just before me........and i knew u r gonna rock it......so,u did..!!!!
enjoy!!!!!!!!!party time for u...........
r u an FTD?

comp score 92
Anat 87
biochem/physio 82
micro/patho 82
DA 86

Congratulations Iomega and All the best

hi pbkal and iomega..
i hav jus got my books...i dont hav any of my text books...do we need it?i got usml first aid,dent essentials,kaplan review...asda papers....wat else do we need?hw to start....like dentessentials or review?kindly share ur method of study....thanks

Hi pbkal and iomega,

Congratulations on your scores!Can you please post the national means that are reported along with your scores?Thanks!

hey iomega!!!!!!!!!!!!!very very hearty congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i was waiting to listen ur score..........becos i knew u gave exam just before me........and i knew u r gonna rock it......so,u did..!!!!
enjoy!!!!!!!!!party time for u...........
r u an FTD?

Thank you Pbkal,
i know it was a very very long wait, i was getting restless.
u rocked ur exam too.. congrats again..
howz ur toddler doing:), hope u r doing fine now?
n yeah i m an FTD.

hi pbkal and iomega..
i hav jus got my books...i dont hav any of my text books...do we need it?i got usml first aid,dent essentials,kaplan review...asda papers....wat else do we need?hw to start....like dentessentials or review?kindly share ur method of study....thanks

hey doit22,
i never used any of the text books, n dont think u need one..
i would suggest u start reading from dental decks(refer wikipedia in case u dont u/s anything), read kaplan review notes(n make ur own notes), read lipponcott for biochem, n okeson for occlusion, n ofcourse first aid.. n solve ASDA papers (one paper everyday initially)so u know wht tpics r imp n how to solve questions... do all this n u r good to go.

hope this helps.

thanx avataar n ashi
i studied from decks 2009-10, first aid, lipponcott for biochem, okeson for occlusion, n kaplan review notes.. studied for 3 and a half months around 8 hours everyday, n yeah solved all ASDA papers( i,j,k,l,m,n solved these twice)[/QUO

Last edited:
i dont know how to delete messages... i would do it for sure if i knew how to.

Last edited:
hey avataar u can edit ur message.. just go to edit option , n then removes all ur message, n just type 2 dots[..]..

hope this helps.

Last edited: