got an interview call from NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Saira said:
well I have received an interview call from NYU today. It was posted on the 20th. Now I have to finalize the date of the interview by calling them before 31st of Jan.

Inshallah you all will be receiving ur letters anytime today or tomorrow.

Best of luck!

I got an interview call too.And its the same thing.They have asked me to call them by the 31 of jan and set up an interview date.Mine was sent on January 14th and it just came today!!!!!!! and i stay in the east coast itself.

I had been waiting all this time and because of the post it got delayed!!!!!!
Anyways I will be calling them tomorrow.

best of luck to all you guys waiting .

Members don't see this ad.

All of u who got a call, please post ur scores!
thanks!

hi saira and dentist please,
can you guys please tell us when did you apply to nyu and what are your scores?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

I sent my application to NYU on 4th, received a receipt that my application is complete dated 13th Jan.

My stats are NBD 1 93. Toefl 287. GPA 3.4

Robot123 said:
hi saira and dentist please,
can you guys please tell us when did you apply to nyu and what are your scores?

my scores,

nbde part1 85, 276, 3.75

Its a long wait and i am sure that you guys will get your call too.I had applied really late, almost in october or something like that.
hope it helps.

hi saira and dentistplease,

thanks for the info.

Tuition, Fees and Expenses
College of Dentistry
Advanced Standing Program

Class of 2006 Class of 2005 Class of 2004
Single Commuter 12 months 12 months 9 months

Tuition and Fees $43,984 $43,984 $43,984
Room and Board $3,248 $3,248 $2,436

Books and Instruments $4,641 $4,641 $4,641
Personal Expenses $4,820 $4,820 $4,820
Transportation $866 $866 $650
Health Insurance $1,641 $1,641 $1,641

Total Budget $59,200 $59,200 $58,172

Class of 2006 Class of 2005 Class of 2004

Dormitory/Off Campus 12 months 12 months 9 months
Tuition and Fees $43,984 $43,984 $43,984
Room and Board $20,786 $20,786 $15,589
Books and Instruments $4,641 $4,641 $4,641
Personal Expenses $4,820 $4,820 $3,615
Transportation $866 $866 $650
Health Insurance $1,641 $1,641 $1,641

Total Budget $76,738 $76,738 $70,120

The above table is from NYU College of Dentistry website

rahmed :(

hi
my interview is scheduled 0n feb 3rd..anyone else on the same date???

stats..88 280 4.0

bluebirdy

bluebirdy said:
hi
my interview is scheduled 0n feb 3rd..anyone else on the same date???

stats..88 280 4.0

bluebirdy
mine is also on 3rd
where r u from
tell me more

hi bluebirdy and resagoyal,
can you please tell us when did you apply and resa what are your scores?
thanks

[hi,
robot123

whats ur score?

hi everyone,

I think I am going to do my interview for the 10th of Feb, though I am not sure yet.When I had called them they told me that I could do it any Thursday.

Hey bluebird good to know that you got an interview call to.
Congratulations to everyone and hope to see you all there.

take care

Members don't see this ad :)
mekha said:
[hi,
robot123

whats ur score?
hi mekha,
have you got a call? what are your scores?

hi
I have my interview on 27th jan..does anybody else has it on the same day.
good luck to those waiting :thumbup:

healthy teeth said:
hi
I have my interview on 27th jan..does anybody else has it on the same day.
good luck to those waiting :thumbup:

Hello folks,
Me too got the interview call..88, 253, 3.82 I applied in sep 2004 :thumbup: :luck:

dentaldoc said:
Hello folks,
Me too got the interview call..88, 253, 3.82 I applied in sep 2004 :thumbup: :luck:
hi dentaldoc,
when did you get the call and where are you located?
good luck for your interview

Robot123 said:
hi dentaldoc,
when did you get the call and where are you located?
good luck for your interview

Hi,
I am in west cost and I asked them to fax my interview letter for me today.
All the best :luck:

dentaldoc said:
Hi,
I am in west cost and I asked them to fax my interview letter for me today.
All the best :luck:
hi,
how did you found out that you were getting called? did you call them up and asked?didn't you get a letter in mail? i'm also in west coast and i'm really worried.

Robot123 said:
hi,
how did you found out that you were getting called? did you call them up and asked?didn't you get a letter in mail? i'm also in west coast and i'm really worried.

Hi,
I called them as I was waiting for an interview call and they told me that they have already sent me the lettter last week. Since I din't receive the letter today I called them to fax it for me. I guess you can also do the same, if they have sent you the letter already. :luck:

dentaldoc said:
Hi,
I called them as I was waiting for an interview call and they told me that they have already sent me the lettter last week. Since I din't receive the letter today I called them to fax it for me. I guess you can also do the same, if they have sent you the letter already. :luck:

hi,
thank you so much for the info.
wish you all the good luck.

hi everyone,

I called up to set an interview date and the only one available was the 17th of Feb.
Wanted to know if anyone else has the interview on the same day as well? Please do let me know.
thanks

dentistplease said:
hi everyone,

I called up to set an interview date and the only one available was the 17th of Feb.
Wanted to know if anyone else has the interview on the same day as well? Please do let me know.
thanks

I called up just now and they told me that the earliest available date is 24th of feb :confused:
I wanted to finish this interview as early as possible though..

dentaldoc said:
I called up just now and they told me that the earliest available date is 24th of feb :confused:
I wanted to finish this interview as early as possible though..

hi,
could you please tell me whom did you call for getting the fax because they refused to tell me the status today when i called them up.
thanks

Robot123 said:
hi,
could you please tell me whom did you call for getting the fax because they refused to tell me the status today when i called them up.
thanks

Hi,
I called 212 998 9818 but I don't remember the name of the person I talked with...
Just ask them that you want to know whether any letter has been sent to you recently..and if they say YES then you can ask them to fax it for u :luck:

dentaldoc said:
Hi,
I called 212 998 9818 but I don't remember the name of the person I talked with...
Just ask them that you want to know whether any letter has been sent to you recently..and if they say YES then you can ask them to fax it for u :luck:

hey,
thanks a lot for your help.

hi folks,
i too got a call from NYU today.
good luck to everybody.

hi there, can anyone tell me if i will b at all called 4 an interview?following r my stats:nbde1-85,toefl-260,gpa-3.5.plz.help!i kept calling nyu admissions office;they keep on telling me the same old stuff:ur application is complete& itz under review!this is killing me!

pinkdiamond said:
did you received a lettter by normal mail or you called and thtey told you by phone?

hi pinkdiamond,
i called them up and got a fax from their side.
you may also do the same because this is all postal delay. the fax i got shows that letter was sent to me on 14th jan. and it has still not reached me.

i was wondering abt the views on this thread is there ?
9469 ...wow is there atleast 1000 dentist who r keen to get INTO nyu , i wish everyone who visit this thread put there name and scores so that we could evaluate ourselves where we stand
according to my guess 30 students got selected on jan

and 60 students on feb so making it 90 so just 20 more seats left ohhh good god is that the figures ????????? :eek: nyu might close interview session march prob IF THIS IS THE SITUATION
its good for those gettin interviews those who r waiting it is nerve wrecking well

my advice everyone who is keen to view this nyu thread
put there scores too
thank you

Hi everybody, I'm new here. Got an interview letter at NYU today and have to call them tomorrow. Does anybody know if they have a practical test in the interview to or not. If yes, what do they usually ask you to do? thanks all. :)

sueno34 said:
Hi everybody, I'm new here. Got an interview letter at NYU today and have to call them tomorrow. Does anybody know if they have a practical test in the interview to or not. If yes, what do they usually ask you to do? thanks all. :)

Hi,
NYU does not have a practical test. Itz just a personal interview like-- ur goals , why didi u choose NYU. etc. go through their website for the prep.GL.

sreshta said:
Hi,
NYU does not have a practical test. Itz just a personal interview like-- ur goals , why didi u choose NYU. etc. go through their website for the prep.GL.

Hi Sreshta
thanks for the details,wanted to know whether we have to take any other documents in particular other then they needed during the application process and any other preparation tips for the interview process.
Thank You

few students got their acceptance way back in december ... so i think ull have to keep them ni mind too...
people who were on waitlist from last yr , got their confirmaion earlier . plus i know of someone who was interviewed early on special request and got acceptance early too.

mekha said:
i was wondering abt the views on this thread is there ?
9469 ...wow is there atleast 1000 dentist who r keen to get INTO nyu , i wish everyone who visit this thread put there name and scores so that we could evaluate ourselves where we stand

and 60 students on feb so making it 90 so just 20 more seats left ohhh good god is that the figures ????????? :eek: nyu might close interview session march prob IF THIS IS THE SITUATION
its good for those gettin interviews those who r waiting it is nerve wrecking well

my advice everyone who is keen to view this nyu thread
put there scores too
thank you

Siddhi said:
Hi Sreshta
thanks for the details,wanted to know whether we have to take any other documents in particular other then they needed during the application process and any other preparation tips for the interview process.
Thank You
Hi,

They donot need any documents other than those submitted with the application not even the original cerificates. But if u have anything else like latest recommendation letter or something that u think should be added to ur file, u may carry it with u. But it is not necessary to carry any documents as u,ve sent all the requirements with application. For prep go thro ur SOP, their website and sdn. Hope this info is helpful. GL. :thumbup:

prady said:
hi there, can anyone tell me if i will b at all called 4 an interview?following r my stats:nbde1-85,toefl-260,gpa-3.5.plz.help!i kept calling nyu admissions office;they keep on telling me the same old stuff:ur application is complete& itz under review!this is killing me!

hi prady,
don't get upset, this is just a matter of time. you will surely get a call. when did you apply?

hi ,

I'm waiting for N.Y.U to call too but i dont think its coming thr cause so many people have such high scores
Looks like will have to wait for the Bench exam or give part 1 again.
Anyway let me know if anyone with 86 has an interview call in california?

emsi said:
part 1 - 95, TOEFL 260, GPA 3.03. accepted in BU and UPENN.

What score did you get in your practice tests(ASDN)/

sreshta said:
Hi,

They donot need any documents other than those submitted with the application not even the original cerificates. But if u have anything else like latest recommendation letter or something that u think should be added to ur file, u may carry it with u. But it is not necessary to carry any documents as u,ve sent all the requirements with application. For prep go thro ur SOP, their website and sdn. Hope this info is helpful. GL. :thumbup:

Hi Sreshta,
Thanks for all the help.

mekha said:

thank you
I dont think all the people who get acceptance letters from NYU would join the school. many of them might end up getting acceptance from other schools and might opt to choose other schools ( based on the fees, course duration, for their own reasons, etc).

sreshta said:
Hi,

Hi Sreshta,
Can you please tell what SOP is?
Thank you.

well i did a random sampling what i found out is people who attended interview
on jan 6th is still waiting anxiously for nyu coz they know bu , upen is kind of full and nyu started interviewing late this year the percentage of students who
might leave nyu might be really less this year i strongly believe no one might leave nyu there r lot of threads which says that people from waiting list have been selected thats not true ,all on the waiting list is still waiting

out of 800 applicants in nyu the ratio works out of kind of 1:8 ,NYU NEVER SENT ANY INVITATION OR ACCEPTANCE LETTER TO ANYONE THIS YEAR ,PEOPLE ON INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS PROGRAM in nyu AND MS PROGRAM IS WAITING TO GET INTO NYU TOO

THE COMPETETION IS SOoooooooooo high

mekha said:
on jan 6th is still waiting anxiously for nyu coz they know bu , upen is kind of full and nyu started interviewing late this year the percentage of students who
might leave nyu might be really less this year i strongly believe no one might leave nyu there r lot of threads which says that people from waiting list have been selected thats not true ,all on the waiting list is still waiting

out of 800 applicants in nyu the ratio works out of kind of 1:8 ,NYU NEVER SENT ANY INVITATION OR ACCEPTANCE LETTER TO ANYONE THIS YEAR ,PEOPLE ON INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS PROGRAM in nyu AND MS PROGRAM IS WAITING TO GET INTO NYU TOO

Hi mekha,
let's do some math based on real facts:
1 interview=15 students
1 month= 4 interviews= 60 students
4 months(Jan thu april)= 240 students
Now those 240 students will compete for 110 postions so the chance to get in is close to 50% if we put in our consideration that some MIGHT have already chosen to attend anther school.
For people who are waiting,the best thing to say is : a little patience.
The best luck for you.

hi

i am from the jan 6th batch(interview).one of the candidate who was with me has received acceptance letter via ups express yesterday.

hi,

i got a call too. i am attending the interview on the 10th. anyone else on the same day?

sanju

mekha said:

You sound so serious but you are wrong ( I am sorry). I know at least 2 people who were accepted in December (from last year).

what i heard was no one was selected till now !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys,
i still havn'et heard anytyhing from NYU...but then again the mail has been delayed everyone is saying andi'm all the way in pakistan so getting it here might take ages! i wish someone could who is in teh states could call NYU for me and ask them if anything has been mailed to me..because of the time difference here i dont have a proper time that i can call and get a hold of them..anyone willing to call them for me? if they have sent something can u give them this fax number 011 92 42 5760460 and tell them to fax any correspondonce to me because of the unreliable mail system...thanks to anybody who does this for me! my full name u can give is Khurram Asgher
waiting anxiously :(

mekha said:

Hi! Mekha,
what u quoted is absolutely not true. I know of atleast 10 people from the last year who recieved their acceptance letters in dec'04.

I definetely agree that the competition is very high.