got an interview call from NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
toothie said:
hi , have u recieved an interview call from NYU.... just wondering... i have the same stats as you.. but i ddint even apply.. and now m wondering whether i should have .. or i still should

No I did`t receive call,but it doest hurt to apply like when i noticed my friend got in with 81, that urged me to give a try.But I am stadying for NBDE1 ,wana stady for at least 5-6 months.

Members don't see this ad.

dents in dente said:
Hi Khurram
I am happy to know that you are relieved.As far as I know people with 81 84 ,85, score got in from canada last year.RELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX MAN :laugh: Let me tell you another way to relax,if you are in Karachi,go to clifton beach, have a walk on sandy beach.GO to Sader & enjoy BEHARI KABOBS!!!!!!!

take care.

Hey thanks! hahah i'm in lahore actually but will be going to karachi for new yearss o i'll def go to clifton even though it will be freezing! but i'm really lookin foward to new years..yeah i have heard people wiht my scores get in i'm just so nervous about that interview call once i get it i'll be more relaxed!
Take care good luck to u too!
see ya
khurram

hi all,
looks like this is the only school left for me too.got a rejection from UOP :thumbdown: and I havent even heard from NYU as yet. :scared:
anyways best of luck to all you guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
dentistplease said:
hi all,
looks like this is the only school left for me too.got a rejection from UOP :thumbdown: and I havent even heard from NYU as yet. :scared:
anyways best of luck to all you guys.

I spoke with Mara Zelaya @NYU now and she said they are sending the invitations in batches..and now that the first batch invitations are already sent, the second batch of invitations will be sent out in jan 2005

So guys be patient for 3 more weeks & we will also be receiving the invitations :thumbup:

There is no doubt that this yr IDP seats have become very competetive compared to last yr!..I was wondering whether this is becos of the new rule they passed regarding the bench exam in California. And I guess everybody wanting to get in to school this yr have made IDP more competetive this yr :eek:

toothie said:
hi , have u recieved an interview call from NYU.... just wondering... i have the same stats as you.. but i ddint even apply.. and now m wondering whether i should have .. or i still should

I think you made a mistake not applying at least to NYU. I have 83 NDBE score and I got interview call from UOP. Of course, they didn't accept me :) , but you never know, unless you try. If I don't get accepted to NYU either, I will retake Part I, but I know that people with scores lower than 85 get accepted, so it was worth it to give a try.

FYI........i applied in Nov and got my NYU interview letter via REGULAR mail
My slot is on jan 20th.......if anyone else is scheduled for that day let me know

Hi,
Did anyone of you interview at NYU yet? ..I thought that their starting date for interviews was 6th Jan ..???If anyone has been interviewd ..kindly post your experiences ..
TZ

hi,
Anyone ouththere who has 86 got any calls from N.Y.U.
Eagerly waiting and does anybody have any idea about their 1 year M.S program.

I have seen a guy with 86 already called i think is in this thread, maybe is GPG...

88 was called ,86 not called still , there was a person with 95 for jan 6th interview. :scared:

Hello guys,
Did any one yet receive interview call letters from NYU after jan3rd? :confused:

Hello guys!
Does anyboday have an idea how the interview went on Jan 6th?If somebody attended that interwiew,please share with us your experience:how many applicants were there,about their scores,what kind of questions have been asked....etc.
I appreciate your reply.

hi everyone,

i was just wondering how many people are waiting to hear from NYU and what their scores are.I have been waiting too and All they have told me is that my application in complete.

Anyone get interview letters in the 2nd batch?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys what's up,.
has anyone gotten any more interview letters!!?!?!?!? what is going on here !!!! it seems like no one is getting them :( I honestly think like a total of 10 or 15 people on this forum have gotten calls from nyu and they are known to call almost everybody!...well i guess (hope) they are making their way down the list......

Everyone if you dont mind..post your stats on this thread and then if you got an interview call or not...so we can see what scores they are calling right now...i'm pretty sure tey will call higher ones first and then move down the list..but it seem slike NO ONE is getting an invites!??????????????? this is my last chance!!!!!!!!!

see ya
khurram

hey,
Hey khurram i am also waiting to hear from N.Y.U.seems like lot of people are out there waiting for an interview call from N.Y.U.Is there any response from people who have already taken the interview,please post your experience.

Why does it seem like NYU has kidnapped everyone that they have interviiwed already!? where are all the interviewees??!? can anybody give us any info on how it went...questions asked? dothey give u an answer on the spot or what??? and where is my interview letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Khurram said:
Why does it seem like NYU has kidnapped everyone that they have interviiwed already!? where are all the interviewees??!? can anybody give us any info on how it went...questions asked? dothey give u an answer on the spot or what??? and where is my interview letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Hey Khurram,
I did receive an interview call but i have decided not to go though i even asked for an interview date earlier and then cancelled.The part that i wanted you to know for your piece of mind is i had called on the Jan 3rd and they still had spots for the 6th for an interview and every other day though people had been getting calls for nearly a month.So just relax ,i think they are going about the process very slowly unlike the other schools and they only have thursdays for interviews and those too are"nt yet packed.So cheer up and hang on.Hope you hear from them soon. :thumbup: :thumbup:

thanks a lot GP
yeah i can see that they are taking it easy with the interview process ( i hope at least!) i heard that they are going to be conducting interviews all the way thru april!!! so i guess i got a ways to wait still..but it still seems like not that many people have gotten replies yet
thanks again
khurram

i have interview on 20th jan. dont worry u vl be called, keep up ur hope gl.

sreshta said:
i have interview on 20th jan. dont worry u vl be called, keep up ur hope gl.

hey sreshta,
best of luck on your interview i know u'll ace it...PLEASE do post your expereince here or at least pm it to me i' m nervous! but i need to get a call first before i can start getting nervous bout the interview!!!...lemme know all the details and tell me bout how much u partied after you got accepted :)
what were ure stats by teh way?
see ya
khurram

Khurram said:
hey sreshta,
best of luck on your interview i know u'll ace it...PLEASE do post your expereince here or at least pm it to me i' m nervous! but i need to get a call first before i can start getting nervous bout the interview!!!...lemme know all the details and tell me bout how much u partied after you got accepted :)
what were ure stats by teh way?
see ya
khurram

Hi Khurram,

Even I have been waiting for an interview call from them and havent heard anything.I wonder what they are doing, and no matter how you call them and ask, all they say is that your application in complete.I know that my application is complete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

let me know when you hear anyhthing and best of luck

if there is interviews every thursday? is there one today?

Hi all,

i attended the jan 6th interview.there were 15 candidates and it was one to one.the avg.time for interview was 20-30 mts.

schedule:
interview starts @8.00 a.m.(if u r early then it starts early and longer time interviewed,i know this bcus i was early.)

10.00a.m-school tour starts.given by one of the office staff.

11.00a.m-financial aid officer gives a talk

11.45a.m-lunch

12.15p.m-go home!

overall it was pretty cool.
interview questions:
1. tell about urself .2.why did u choose NYU? 3.do i have any questions

4.what is ur strength and weakness? 5.few questions from my papers

6.work experience.etc

my interviewer gave a brief description about the curriculum and the university.he told me they r going to take 110 students for the ad.standing program.so guys please relax.everybody will get a interview letter.they are pretty much organised.please calm down and hope for the best.

take care.if u need anymore info please pm me.

goodluck to all of you.

shaliraj :thumbup: :)

hi,
thanks for the info. I hope you are selected .
I'm waiting for my interview call
hope they send me soon
bye

shaliraj said:
Hi all,

i attended the jan 6th interview.there were 15 candidates and it was one to one.the avg.time for interview was 20-30 mts.

schedule:
interview starts @8.00 a.m.(if u r early then it starts early and longer time interviewed,i know this bcus i was early.)

10.00a.m-school tour starts.given by one of the office staff.

11.00a.m-financial aid officer gives a talk

11.45a.m-lunch

12.15p.m-go home!

overall it was pretty cool.
interview questions:
1. tell about urself .2.why did u choose NYU? 3.do i have any questions

4.what is ur strength and weakness? 5.few questions from my papers

6.work experience.etc

my interviewer gave a brief description about the curriculum and the university.he told me they r going to take 110 students for the ad.standing program.so guys please relax.everybody will get a interview letter.they are pretty much organised.please calm down and hope for the best.

take care.if u need anymore info please pm me.

goodluck to all of you.

shaliraj :thumbup: :)

Thanks for the input :)
Kalaketeenga Ponga!
Hope you get in to the school of your choice :luck:

Does anyone has any idea how many people have been called for interviews yet.Assuming that the interviews are on Thrusdays and they call 15 people in a day, that makes is about 60 people already called for the month of Jan.

Anyone having any information please do share.

thanks

ya it makes 60 people in a month. i guess they have not send any calls for the next batch. i'm eagerly waiting to hear from them.

I have called up NYU twice in third week of Dec '04. I got the standard reply: a) your application is complete & b) the next assessment will be in February & then HE added Don't call us in January as the next assessment is in Feb '04!!

I am eagerly waiting......

rahmed said:
I have called up NYU twice in third week of Dec '04. I got the standard reply: a) your application is complete & b) the next assessment will be in February & then HE added Don't call us in January as the next assessment is in Feb '04!!

hi,
i guess you meant feb 05.best of luck, i guess there are a lot of us waiting

I have interview at nyu on 20th. Does anyone else have it on the same day?

Hi, Sreshta
All the best for your interview..... at NYU ( 20th/ Jan)....
Do well :thumbup:
Toothzone

sreshta said:
I have interview at nyu on 20th. Does anyone else have it on the same day?

hi,

goodluck to you on ur interview

shaliraj :thumbup:

:scared: thank you guys i really do need all the luck because itz my last hope

Hi Sreshta

Congrats on Interview call from NYU on 20th. I am waiting too...kind of last hope. Will you please tell me your stat, as I have an average stat and trying to figure out the next (if no admission to DDS AS) move, beside repeating NDBE I. :confused:

rahmed

NDBE I: 86
TOEFL: 273
GPA: 3.79 (ECE)

And when did you send your application to NYU? I sent it on December 8, '04. :confused:

rahmed

hi rahmed,

I applied in last week of september. I received the letter for interview on 2nd week of dec. Now that the class in BU if full this is my only hope and this wait is nerve wrecking. Dont worry u'll get interview call in second batch.my scores:
part-1--90
toefl-267
Gpa-3 gl

hi
shreshta
best of luck for the nyu intrview.i have my interview on 27th.jan and am keeping my fingers crossed.my boston interview is on feb 3rd.and i read ur post that the class is already full.it is so confusing ,cos if it is why r they still calling people

Thanks Sreshta, Good Luck once again. Please let us know about your interview experience. :confused:

rahmed

rahmed said:
Thanks Sreshta, Good Luck once again. Please let us know about your interview experience. :confused:

rahmed

Hi all,

I guess a lot of us are still waiting for a call frm NYU.If anyone gets an interview call for the month of Feb please do inform everyone.
take care

Hi,
I am done with my interview at NYU today. It is the was over by 12pm and was very cool. I was asked common questions like- why NYU, what do u want to do after graduation, abt the work experience. Ppl were very friendly.
we were abt 12 in the batch.
Good luck to all those who are waitng for the interview. :thumbup:

I posted what the Bu ppl told me when I called them 2 days ago. I honestly have no idea as to what is really gng on there. It si very confusing abt the BU coz I am in the waiting list and really hope that there are atleast few seats vacant. Gl to every one and if any one has news plz do post it here.

dreamzunlimited said:
hi
shreshta
best of luck for the nyu intrview.i have my interview on 27th.jan and am keeping my fingers crossed.my boston interview is on feb 3rd.and i read ur post that the class is already full.it is so confusing ,cos if it is why r they still calling people

Hi Sreshta

Thanks for posting your NYU interview experience. Now is the waiting for you. Did you know of anybody who has an offer from NYU? I don't. Hope they deliver all of us from agony, sooner.

rahmed :confused:

sreshta said:
I posted what the Bu ppl told me when I called them 2 days ago. I honestly have no idea as to what is really gng on there. It si very confusing abt the BU coz I am in the waiting list and really hope that there are atleast few seats vacant. Gl to every one and if any one has news plz do post it here.
hi,
shreshta
good to know that ur nyu interview was cool.did they tell you how much time they take to make a decision.i have my interview on 27th.any tips to prepare?

Hi,
Interview is really cool and is of shortest duration. So dont worry go thro ur SOP and their website. that should be enugh. I dont know as to when they'll tell us the result.

dreamzunlimited said:
hi,
shreshta
good to know that ur nyu interview was cool.did they tell you how much time they take to make a decision.i have my interview on 27th.any tips to prepare?

hi guys,
i have'nt got a call from nyu yet!i called up at least 3 times;their response:ur application is under review.how much time is required to review an application?man,this wait is agonising!my stats:nbde1:85,toefl:260,gpa:3.5.what r my chances in getting into nyu?will i b called 4 an interview at all?plz.reply :mad: :( :sleep

hi everyone,

I heard that the 2nd batch of interview letters have been mailed, so everyone cross your fingers and hope that you are called for an interview in FEb.

Best of luck to everyone

Please whoever gets the 2nd batch of NYU interview letters kindly let this forum know...if possible with the intv date and stats. Thanks guys. GL to all of us :thumbup:

rahmed

dentistplease said:
hi everyone,

I heard that the 2nd batch of interview letters have been mailed, so everyone cross your fingers and hope that you are called for an interview in FEb.

Best of luck to everyone

Hello guys,
Yes it's true that they mailed some letters last week(tuesday/wednesday)
SO folks you should be receiving it today or tommorow if you are invited for the interview for feb month.. :luck:

well I have received an interview call from NYU today. It was posted on the 20th. Now I have to finalize the date of the interview by calling them before 31st of Jan.

Inshallah you all will be receiving ur letters anytime today or tomorrow.

Best of luck!

hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knows what is the expected tuition and other costs for NYU.I heard that its really expensive school and that it makes a big difference if you are a commuter or stay off campus.

thanks