Good Summary of Major Clinical Trials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turkleton

Capeless Crusader
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this sounds stupid... but is there a book or a website which goes over the major clinical trials and advancements in cardiology over the past 20-25 years. Nothing exhaustive necessarily, but at least a synopsis or abstracts so we have an idea of what attendings are referring to on rounds when go off quoting data in studies they think we should know. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I found http://www.cardiosource.com
to be most helpful, however, it is not free, but now institutional access if available, plus stuff the most recent stuff is mostly free

Here is something that is absolutely helpful for all of residency
Go to www.biocritique.com
This site is by far, the most helpful and down to earth website regarding medical literature. Register for free and play around with some of the advanced features.

I did see someone carrying around this recent book, I don't know the name of it, but it was pocket sized, however, very thick which had exactly what you were looking for, however, it seems that even after 6 months, you become out of the loop in research for cardiology

Thanks!! That biocritique site is pretty cool, I'm definitely going to use it. I think I know what book you're talking about and I will probably end up buying it... I was hoping to get around the entire spending money thing on this one, but might not be able to.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried to use biocritique.com.... could not see one of the presentation... do i have to pay to see that.

that link above is dead anyone know any other site that has a quick recap of all the major clinical trials in Cardiology.

Interesting and timely question (see my previous post). If you're looking for something on your phone, check out ACS Trials. It only covers trials in acute coronary syndromes, but there is a similar app called CHF trials that covers those trials. Between the two you'd have most everything. If you have an android phone, I think CHF trials is already available and ACS trials will be available down the road.